ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look I don't GAF who's there besides her immediate family and mine. I really don't. Sure I'd love all my friends and fam to be there but if someone can't make it, they can't make it. That's life. I have explained this to her 15x as rationale for why I'd be cool with Mexico while being completely aware many of my close ones- especially the ones with children- won't be able to swing it.

She flat doesn't believe me which is why Cincy is now in the driver's seat.

But this irritates me. It's not like this chick- rich AF by the way- has another wedding. She's going on vacation. That's great- have fun. I don't blame you if you can't be there but F us for changing our plan to book a place that is already locked up going into mid-2018.

BBC, man.

Something we can all agree on:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...t-have-backfired-in-ncaa-academic-fraud-case/

Only North Carolina would look at what amounted to a gift plea bargain from the NCAA which would have let them off the hook and arrogantly try to play hardball and F it up.

Funny thing is their fans- formerly the most self-righteous in sports- are bitching about technicalities and ignoring the obvious REAL point- their players took bogus classes- and many even majored in it- to stay eligible or at least maintain a fake eligibility.

Beautiful, I was waiting on this column from someone. Just last night I was googling "UNC / NCAA / backfire", and all variations and permutations thereof, but couldn't find anything.

"Backfire" was the keyword of anything I hoped to find, and Solomon GETS IT.

(^That sounds sarcastic, but coming from me on this subject, you know it's not).

Chad... You're just scratching the tip of the iceberg, bro.

Just wait until you see all of the nonsensical detailed extraneous bullshit she will want to spend on for your wedding. It's coming.

You're marrying a boarding school gal. As much as you think it's all Miller Lite and buffalo wings there will be several instances where her tastes or preferences will win out even in the most non sensical ways.

ENJOY THE RIDE.

Chad... You're just scratching the tip of the iceberg, bro.

Just wait until you see all of the nonsensical detailed extraneous bullshit she will want to spend on for your wedding. It's coming.

You're marrying a boarding school gal. As much as you think it's all Miller Lite and buffalo wings there will be several instances where her tastes or preferences will win out even in the most non sensical ways.

ENJOY THE RIDE.

Rhinegeist beer and Bulleit Bourbon.

CB, it could be worse.

I know all the US thinks Canada's healthcare system is the tits for being free. But having worked in it, my wife still working in it, and a lot of friends as doctors now that I'm old, it's a logistical nightmare.

Our local hospital where my wife works and I happily quit has cut 3% from their budget every year for five years straight. While increasing management salaries and hiring more managers.

Doctors had their pay cut 5% last year and they're trying to cut 3% more. A lot of doctors are fleeing south or west already. Doctors get to bill the provincial government once a month, and the government likes to reject claims for no actual reason, just to approve them the following month without an explanation or apology.

My buddy's wife is endo and runs a clinic and has to pay her staff no matter what, and our lovely medical system rejected $14k in claims for no actual reason. When her husband called they said "clerical error, you will get it with next months reimbursements." So, she had to float $14k to her staff for 45 days for no actual reason and no accountability for the mistake.

Absolutely nuts.

Doctors are the only people on the planet who can make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, and universally agree they're seriously underpaid.

You're almost as bad as attorneys.

I mean this in all sincerity -- GFYs.

Jarred Vanderbilt announcing in a couple minutes. Would be a pretty good get despite the fact that Cal can't coach and he'd just be another one and done who won't help us win a title. :rolleyes:

PTI, learn reading.

I'm not saying he's scraping by eating Ramen out of his Porsche. It's just difficult to run a practice when you're barely breaking even on a large percentage of your population.

Super sub-specialized procedural folks like Dr Boat make bank on private insurance and out of pocket payers, but their reimbursement from medicare/medicaid is garbage. His overhead, equipment, office staff, nurses are a hell of a lot more than other physicians.

So much so that a number of internal medicine and general surgery physicians have gone to straight cash only. No insurance at all accepted.

But hey, please twist words around into saying something I've never said. Wouldn't expect anything less.

I get what every single one of you docs are griping about. Believe me, I hear it all the time. But if your profession were subject to the free market, rather than be fueled by insurance and regulation, then you'd REALLY be complaining about your salary.

It's shocking how much unnecessary waste there is in the industry (myself included).

If only the kid could shoot...

jamal_mashburn5.jpg

Clearly you have no idea what I do.

Post in GYERO too much?

Floating 14K? If that is an issue, then it might be the wrong business.

Heck, I'm chasing people down for insurance money that they decided to spend on Christmas as opposed to the repairs that just finished at their house. I've got hundreds of thousands of dollars that are sitting with the homeowner's mortgage company that move the goalposts as to what they want exactly in order to release insurance dollars for work in progress. Subcontractors are paid every Friday. We need warehouse space to store the content that comes out of a home for months at a time.

We need to refresh our drying equipment. That is looking to be anywhere between 50-100K.

But guess what? It's a business. We deal with it. Doctors can too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT