ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Louisville's?

What does that have to do with anything?

You answered "DUKE" to the following question, "73 -- we don't have a bunch of guys playing out of position. Well, unless you know of some other team with a ball handling/nifty passing whizz at point, a lights out shooter at the two, a slashing supreme above the rim athlete 3-man, a big lumbering rebounder with an array of posts move at power forward, and a shot blocking 7-footer at center who fills up the paint on both sides of the court. Which team is that?"

If you're going "Baylor's gonna Baylor", how you gonna call it the Zags breakthrough year? Granted, I haven't watched anybody else besides UK, because regular season college bball is pretty much shit.

If you're going "Baylor's gonna Baylor", how you gonna call it the Zags breakthrough year? Granted, I haven't watched anybody else besides UK, because regular season college bball is pretty much shit.

B/c I love their team this year; loaded, deep, balanced, and experienced. Richie can't name one player on their team, :100points:

Any other takes on a sport you don't watch?

-Game is in Indy @ Banker's Life.

It was an honest question, not a take. But thanks for that thorough analysis!!

Also, full disclosure, I've watched a lil' bit, and I love Johnathan Motley's game. I have history with Gonzaga and them busting my bracket. Since about 2005, I've bet on them finally breaking through. :mad::mad::mad:. Hell, I was pining for Mark Few after Tubby's departure.

Last edited:
Can't put Baylor/UCLA in the Final Four until Drew/Alford prove they can get there. Alford's never even been past the Sweet 16.

My issue with UCLA is that they aren't a great defending team and have largely relied on a scintillating 63 eFG% to carry them. That's over 4 percentage points better than any team of the last 5 seasons. I doubt that is sustainable.

What gets lost on even the most educated cbb fans is just how marginally talented the Zags are. For a perennial top 15 team, they have very little legit NBA talent. They overachieve nearly every regular season, IMO.

Got my second and final Bar/Bri settlement check today for $104.81.

Thank you for helping me pass the bar and for violating America's anti-trust laws.

Reactions: Midway Cat
So lots of musicians snubbing the Donald for the inauguration.

I'm gonna chuckle when he walks out to Kid Rock's "American Bad Ass."

Reactions: Stonewall12
The Zags are anything but marginally talented.

Anyone else who can't name a player on their roster and more than 2-3 on any other team wanna chime in?

Guess Villanova is/was marginally talented as well.

The president elect flossing Kid Rock at his inauguration. I mean....republican/democrat/libertarian/whig...you HAVE to get behind this.

America, F yeah!!!

Reactions: Mashburned
The Zags are anything but marginally talented.

Anyone else who can't name a player on their roster and more than 2-3 on any other team wanna chime in?

Guess Villanova is/was marginally talented as well.

By NBA standards, yes.

Their talent is perennially overrated because they play such a beautiful style of ball. Few has had them top 15 for nearly 20 years. In all that time, who has been his most successful pro?

Rony Turiaf? Kelly Olynyk??

-UL gets IU after UK and UVA b2b. UL is the exact team that IU doesn't want to see though. I'll take the Cards in that one. Classic Pitino team. Dude has to be infatuated with these guys. VJ King getting TONS of run out there.

-Ahh, late December. WCC is hating on Duke and BBdk is hyping the Zags Even a loss to UL can't extinguish my happiness.

-Thanks to Craps Trainer App I have that game beat. Might make a quick 24 run to Vegas to break it. Need to write a book as well.

-Underrated part of Xmas is the feeling you get walking into the liquor store. First time in 14 years that I'm not on call and have no work responsibilities at all for Xmas weekend. Dad's going to enjoy a few cocktails and Mom is driving Friday and Saturday night. Sorry, WS.

Reactions: catholic_back
If past performances are indicative of future results, I'll doubt em' all day. Gonzaga aint doing shit.

GONZAGA-MORRISON-BASKETBALL.jpg

Are you really doing this? Are you really hyping Gonzagas talent? Look, they have very nice college level talent. But we just watched Kyle Wiltjer struggle to find minutes at UK, get thoroughly dominated from a physical standpoint, then transfer to Gonzaga and become a 2nd team all American.

:joy:

So yeah, I stand by my take. By NBA standards, and by perennial top 15 college standards, their talent is extremely marginal. Mark Few does a fantastic coaching job just to get them to where they are.

If you know of some former Zags who have gone on to have great NBA careers, I'd love to know who they are. Hell, just give me one.

Wodie likes teams that when clicking play pretty ball but in reality are fools gold because they rely so heavily on the 3 point shot... See IU. No different with Gonzaga except their softer than his Hoosiers.

You said "marginally talented" which is false.

Feel free to change the narrative to NBA HOF players or whatever.

Duke has been marginally talented as well. 8 out of 10 of their studs don't do shit in the NBA.

Wodie likes teams that when clicking play pretty ball but in reality are fools gold because they rely so heavily on the 3 point shot... See IU. No different with Gonzaga except their softer than his Hoosiers.

Like Kentucky?

Again, you can't name a player on their team, or have watched them play a single minute. Appreciate the scouting report though.

I've never been on Gonzaga in the past, quite the opposite. But really like their squad this year, have all the pieces, and deep. Think they're a legit top 10 club with a legit shot at a FF...unlike many (most) years when they have an inflated ranking.

...and I don't like teams like UCLA or IU bc of their style -- those are just the ones that scare me the most typically bc when they are really on, you're losing.

CATS BY 90!

Last edited:
Reactions: catholic_back
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT