ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in ETown Saturday for a soccer tournament and the restaurants were PACKED with Louisville fans. Patrons...servers...cooks...everyone watching? In Etown. That shouldn't happen.

Reactions: roguemocha
NKy holding strong for Big Blue. You don't see much Cardinal shit up here. Yet another reason this is the best part of the commonwealth.

Reactions: HHKAT
NKy holding strong for Big Blue. You don't see much Cardinal shit up here. Yet another reason this is the best part of the commonwealth.
Hold on there, buddy. Actually noticed to my dismay that the Louisville gear section at the Newport Dick's had actually grown and was now taking up real estate previously shared by OSU/UC gear.

Don't like this development one bit. I don't see it out yet, but it's there.

wcc, I'm going to sneak into the voting booth right after you and vote for Donald Trump *twice*.

lol your stupid

Stoops and Gran have seen and coached A LOT of football. And they've been successful. If those two would just cut the proverbial shit and try to win F'ng ballgames with the kids on the team who care they might have something.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
Why does that also affect your ability to understand the Bengals suck?
(actually the Bengals have been a pretty good team the last few years, one of the few to make the playoffs 5 years in a row and sure their post season record is bad but it's a lot better then it used to be so I don't think it's accurate to say they "suck" let's be honest here)

Part of the problem with healthcare in this country is that you have people racing to the ER over minor issues like a cold, a cute, a scrape, etc. Ties up the entire system.
A couple weekends ago, my mom wanted to take George to the ER on Saturday night because he had a swollen bug bite on his wrist. o_O Luckily, I was able to talk her off the ledge.

I have different political views than you. Get the F over it. GD, you've been a C*** about this.

"Hillary is a good person" [laughing] Might even be worse than Davis=Henson.

"A 70-year person with a long track record, unbridled ambition, greedy, not transformational, with a husband still d--kng bimbos at home,"

While I do find the hacking and leaking of personal information deplorable, it has turned out some gems. Thanks Colin Powell.

For whatever reason, never paid much attention to JonBenet -- guess that was before my 'murder mystery' fascination age, dunno.

Enjoying the CBS Special so far -- except for the 5 minute commercials every 6 minutes. [eyeroll] Will definitely be watching Part II on delay, that was just obnoxious.

Not really. Hell, Ohio State doesn't even have a ton of fans in Cincinnati. The Cincinnati Enquirer never even had an OSU beat reporter.
(actually SWOH has the largest OSU alumni base in the country and while the local media doesn't have a beat reporter that's due in large part to them being shut out by Columbus media and the school, there's lots of Buckeye interest in this area unfortunately to be accurate)

Reactions: MotorCityKat
For whatever reason, never paid much attention to JonBenet -- guess that was before my 'murder mystery' fascination age, dunno.

Enjoying the CBS Special so far -- except for the 5 minute commercials every 6 minutes. [eyeroll] Will definitely be watching Part II on delay, that was just obnoxious.

For true crime, there are few more compelling mysteries than that one.

Definitely, and it's pretty much all new to me so it's extry wodie. Pretty chilling watching them slow down/spread out/noise filter that phone call.

I only got to watch the first hour, but yeah, that phone call analysis did cause me to question my view on the case a little bit. I've always thought it was an intruder.

8. Stoops
9. Cooper
10. Joker

While Joker's tenure was objectively terrible, he is the first coach since Jerry F'ing Claiborne to beat the Vols, and he gave Spurrier his first loss ever to Kentucky. What's Stoops best moment at UK? Stealing Jason Hatcher away from the Trojans? Beating a "ranked" Mizzou team last year? ALMOST beating Florida in The Swamp???

Stoops is probably still ahead of Joker, but it's pretty damn close. Apologies to CoolCat...

Reactions: Century Cat
Sucks that UK won't have any fans soon, hopefully that means I can get lowers at Rupp for a reasonable price when this older generation dies off.

Pretty embarrassing on how insecure some of our fans are.

-ETown has always had a group of UL fans. Especially my age and younger. They had that running back from down there, Frank Monroe(?), plus most are transplants to the state.

-Watched 'Naked Gun' last night. [laughing] Man, I miss that style comedy.

-Is it true that CMS said something like the following in his post-game presser - "we're not a great team, but we're a good team." :grimace: That's just comical if true.

-I know Mitch isn't going anywhere, but I honestly believe that's what needs to happen. I've tried to support him all along, but I can't anymore. I wish Cap gave a crap.

-My family trying hard not to rub it in is worse than them actually rubbing it in. UL is one of the best teams in the country, UK is one of the worst. I get it. Patting me on my head and telling me to hang in there is really not helping.

-Post UK Football Game Playlist:
  • "Mouth for War" - Pantera
  • "Symphony of Destruction" - Megadeth
  • "Fade to Black" - Metallica
  • "Suicide Solution" - Ozzy
  • "I'm Going Slightly Mad" - Queen
  • "Am I Going Insane?" - Black Sabbath
-Going to run/walk my first 5K on Nov. 12 at The Wine Run. No, it's not an ultramarathon or anything, but it will be a challenge considering I've never really been a runner. Looking forward to it, but have some work to do between now and then. :boxing:

-Got one hour of sleep last night. Not sure what my problem was, but I just couldn't settle down. Watching "Saving Private Ryan" until about 1 probably didn't help, but still. Insomnia is the absolute worst. I've been fighting it off and on the past few months. Just can't seem to settle down some nights. :mad:

-WWII gets most of the attention, but WWI is fascinating to me. Watched several hours of footage yesterday. That was one brutal war. Military strategy hadn't caught up with technological advancements in weaponry, which led to slaughters. Not to mention gas and the Spanish Flu. It's also interesting to see the seeds of WWII being sown. You begin to understand how Hitler was able to rise to power.

All UL has to do is triple their fanbase and they will be right there with UK. These reports from E-Town are troubling and might set the stage for Big Blue Doom (courtesy WLEX18). Really sits a bad president imo

Never had Puccini's before yesterday, but heard good things. Went with a calzone, and it was on point. Will have to try the pizza next time.

Never had Puccini's before yesterday, but heard good things. Went with a calzone, and it was on point. Will have to try the pizza next time.
Lol. We had a pizza from there last night. Serviceable.

-Props on the run CMD. Running 2-4 miles at a time is much more sensible. Try a 2.5mg melatonin to knock you out. I also you the sleep app that gets pissed if I'm still using my phone past 11:45.

-WWII gets most of the attention, but WWI is fascinating to me. Watched several hours of footage yesterday. That was one brutal war. Military strategy hadn't caught up with technological advancements in weaponry, which led to slaughters. Not to mention gas and the Spanish Flu. It's also interesting to see the seeds of WWII being sown. You begin to understand how Hitler was able to rise to power.
You should listen to Dan Carlin's WWI podcasts. They are incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT