ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tate Leavitt just suck balls or nah? I mean, we're starting a true freshman at left tackle.

If there is a divide over Barker and Johnson, the ones who score points can stay on the field.

Had a nice weekend in Louisville.

•dinner at Seviche. Had some empanadas, a seviche, and the skirt steak. Three or four of the jalapeño cocktail (forgot name). She has the scallops. Split the coconut cake. That's a top 5 meal for me.

Maybe I need to eat more often at nicer places, but I can't say enough good about that meal.

•Iroquois Amphitheater is a great venue for a show. Weather was perfect, after a rainy morning. Had heard of Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors, but hadn't dug in. They were great. Amos Lee was awesome.

•we were looking for a place to grab some bar food after the show, so we stopped at FABD, which was by our Airbnb. Nothing.

•lass wanted pizza, so we went by Spinelli's. She saw drake's (pixie stick martini!!! Omg) and changed her mind.

Collectively, by far the worst group of people. UofL fans, DJ Havoc calling out dirty bird shot specials, fat assholes grinding on each other, lots of red and black.

•breakfast at gralehaus. That's a cool space.

Overall, I give the town an A-, and only because of Commuter College. Had a blast.

Oh, the wife even said "Lexington just doesn't have the topography that Louisville does".

:joy:

*My dad is a pretty optimistic football fan. He's never read a message board or anything like that- doesnt have twitter... only gets his news from the CJ. Just drives over for the games, cheers, and drives back. He's obviously aware of how bad they are, but he keeps going back every Saturday. Monday-Friday he probably doesnt think twice about UK football. Too busy taking naps and playing golf. He's not invested financially or emotionally like some- but I think hes got it pretty much figured out.

*The better our recruiting classes get- the more frustrating it gets to watch them. I try to give the offensive guys a bit of a break since they basically have to start over every year, but it would go along way with me if they actually looked like they gave a shit. And i'm not very confident in our secondary who is about to go up against a receiver corp that is led by a guy that carries an axe that says "ASSASSINS" around the sidelines.
0918axejpeg-6675f5827864aa2d.jpeg

*Shortly after getting an AMEX alert about a major purchase, my wife drove up the driveway with something called a pie-safe loaded up in her crossover SUV.

*Not an NFL guy at all, but i'll always stop to watch Randall Cobb play.

*So now authorities believe that the two explosions on the same day in the New York area may in fact be related? Well hot damn, how about that.

*As a doctor, I take offense to Dennis's outright hatred of all doctors. We are a humble people and a crucial part of society.

Current football season bourbon rankings (for drinking in mass quantities):
1. Bulleit
2. Wathen's
3. 1792

I mean, we're in year four of the Stoops era - playing mostly his recruits by this point - and our defense is historically bad. And our best QB may be a 2-star desperation grab after The Boy Who Lived transferred, and our O-line is meh.

Reactions: _Chase_
In other news...

The Cleveland Browns lost another QB. From a disinterested standpoint, it's pretty incredible the luck that franchise has had at that one position. Even before the Browns left Cleveland it wasn't like they were doing well at QB either.

Cleveland QB < Spinal Tap drummer

Part of the problem with healthcare in this country is that you have people racing to the ER over minor issues like a cold, a cute, a scrape, etc. Ties up the entire system.

Took the side piece to a dessert place to get gelato on Saturday. I ordered one flavor, she ordered another.....and the weirdo behind the counter put them in the same cup. WTF? Thought I was in the twilight zone or something. Do people do that?

Didn't get a chance to watch the game at all, which was fine.

We've seen our backup quarterblack in spurts before, and he's never looked good. I'm cautious with my optimism, to be honest.

Two things that come to mind about Barker......
1> in the first half of the Southern Miss game, I thought he looked outstanding. not just the obvious stats, but he was making throws we haven't seen in several years.
2> his supposed LEADERSHIP always pissed me off. from the time he was in high school and blogging on ksr, he was anointed a leader for not one, single, deserved reason. given, not earned. i guess that's what im trying to say.

49 year-old --> pound town. Shew. I'll put her body up against any woman half her age. Still very, very strange. But marcus.

I just hope the New York bombings were the work of brown skinned people with middle eastern sounding names. Will really be the catalyst for a great social media viewing week.

-Stepdaughter is a month away from her actual license so we have been car shopping. Had an inside track on a lease return for a 2014 Ford Fusion. Old man leases every 3 years. This car had a whopping 2800 miles on it. Great car and I would have bought it if it was white instead of red.

-20 year HS reunion this coming weekend at Downs After Dark. Can't wait to see who turned out fat and bald (probably all of them).

-College of the Desert. SMH.

-Adam, sounds like you went the wrong direction down Frankfort Avenue. You could have hit up Diorios for pizza (Spinellis is trash) or found other stuff down Frankfort.

-Wife dropped a good $80 on pumpkins and other assorted gourds. Can't wait to toss that shit into the yard trash pile in 7 weeks.

-Went into Liquor Barn early on Saturday morning to pick up an Octoberfest brew (went with Bell') and a bunch of nerds were in line to get some first come first served bourbon. The choices were either EH Taylor Small Batch ($40) or Stagg Jr Barrel proof ($50). I impulse bought the Stagg because I felt obligated...stupid.

Reactions: GrandePdre
Shorts:

- F Drakes. Worst bar of all-time.

- It's amazing that every coach and player sucks when they get that UK football stink on them.

- UC's football hires have been amazing. Kelly, Dantonio, Jones. Tuberville is a different type of hire, but he's got a should-be national championship on his resume.

- I'm a UK football and Bengals fan so I've seen some shit before but that game yesterday was something else. The officials take away a TD (way to challenge that, Marvin!) and then that bullshit fumble call on Boyd, not to mention the hold misses every GD down. :mad::joy:

- Swung by Oktoberfest yesterday. Like the new location. Grabbed some goetta balls, a pretzel, a reuben from Izzys and a funnel cake.

- Odds 73's kids own Lamar jerseys by October 1: OVER

- Bama and Ohio State look to be the class of the nation this year. Two best coaches. Two most talented rosters. Two Top 5 all-time programs. Representing the two most prestigious conferences.

- Hope Washington's visit went well. Love that dude's game.

Reactions: MotorCityKat
Drake's in Saint Matts was always like that. Go for happy hour mid-week, and it's businessmen and local neighborhood folk. Grab a few brewskis and some generic, cheap bar food. Watch some sports on the tube. Etc.

Lights get low, sun goes down, and next thing you know they're imposing racially insensitive dress codes and some goofball is spinning his ipod playlist in the corner. Night and day.

-I was at FABD for a couple beers Friday night before walking over to Patrick's. Delivered a fairly strong rendition of "Laid" tbh.

-Kudos to Adrian's Saturday night rec of New Wave Burritos on Preston. Solid. That golden velvet queso is bonkers. Chips weren't my favorite, but overall was very pleased. Recommended.

-River House, as expected, was marginal. Nice patio, though.

-Golf scramble this afternoon at Big Spring. Love Monday golf scrambles.

-It really does take so little to excite UK football fans. I mean, seeing kids that play hard and care makes ALL the difference in the world. Snell, CJ, Steven Johnson, Charles Walker, Kemp, et al. I'll be there every Saturday if that's the character of kid we're rolling with, and that's why I'm excited to go this weekend. I'll cheer like hell for those guys because they deserve it. Like I've said, play hard and play smart; THAT'S ALL I ASK.

-I won't list them, but I just can't get behind lazy, selfish kids who put themselves before the team. As cliché/cheesy as that sounds, it's the truth. It seems like that 14 class, for all of the hype they received, turned out to be a bunch of shitheads. Keep them on the sidelines for all I care. I just don't have any time for that nonsense.

-Cats 38, Cocks 35.

-I'm placing the odds of a MAJOR Stoops turnaround at 25-1 this week. It's still possible. We'll see.

-Glad you and your wife enjoyed the Derby City, Adam. It's alright.

That Texas lovefest after the ND game sure ended quickly for Strong. I'd imagine their inner circle texts read a lot like Assistbyredass's do when we're bungling a basketball game to the likes of Auburn.

Big 12 overall taking a beating lately. No discernible playoff team, other top teams are making them bitches and well Art Briles's stink still looming over Baylor.

I hardly, if ever, watch west coast football but someone has to win that conference. Washington? Stanford?

I know the committee will put emphasis on conference winners for the playoff but as it is today, how is it not:

1. Bama
2. tOSU
3. Louisville
4. Meechigan

UK has lost and will continue to lose a lot of ground in Louisville as far as the next generation of fans is concerned.

I mean, not happening in the SAECATFAN household but that's just the reality.

And I agree Mitch isn't going anywhere, but damn it I want a ruthless AD next. Are there any potential candidates identified beyond Peevy?

Reactions: m080470
-So now SAE is optimistic and I'm negative fan? o_O

-WCC prides himself on being this uber smart, middle of the road, salt of the earth, rationale, realistic person/fan yet... he drops stuff like, "Refs missed a bunch of holding calls" and "Hillary is a good person."

Just saying...

-Good news is our next AD, Peavy and he better be the next AD, is going to be a badass. Plus Cal loves him.

Our defense is ranked 122nd in the country (out of 128 teams).

South Carolina's offense is ranked 123rd. Woof.

The stoppable force vs. the movable object. Should be a classic!

Rank the last 10 coaches combined for UK and UofL:

1. Petrino
2. Strong

3. Brooks
4. Smith
5. Mumme
6. Morriss

7. Kragthorpe
8. Stoops
9. Cooper
10. Joker

UK has lost and will continue to lose a lot of ground in Louisville as far as the next generation of fans is concerned.

Yep especially in the surrounding counties to Jefferson and in Western Kentucky. Believe it or not their baseball success also is a factor. I'm seeing more and more Cardinal shit around Central Kentucky and no sir I don't like it.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
-

-WCC prides himself on being this uber smart, middle of the road, salt of the earth, rationale, realistic person/fan yet... he drops stuff like, "Refs missed a bunch of holding calls" and "Hillary is a good person."

I have different political views than you. Get the F over it. GD, you've been a C*** about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT