ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
How miserable would an Ohio State v. Louisville National Championship Game be? Rooting for the Buckeyes just feels unseemly.

Reactions: UK_Dallas
Mitch Barnhart is watching this game and looking at a possible hire for his next head coach. A guy who coached in college and the pros.

Dave Wannestedt.

Reactions: UK_Norm
Shit. Sorry. To be clear this has nothing to do with the explosion thing in Chelsea. And my wife will be fine. Just cut the crap out of her leg by sitting on a wine glass. But we will be in the ER for the next few hours. Same one that some patients from the explosion are at which is a little crazy. I didn't even know about all til we got here.

Yesterday kinda proved what I've suspected for a while now - in order for this type of offense to really work, you need a QB who can pull the ball and run. Unfortunately I think there's a legit QB controversy now, which is the last thing we needed. Because our defense remains unspeakably bad.

Kyle Tucker is painfully accurate today.

Their stadiums are separated by just 80 miles, but on Saturday the football programs of rivals Kentucky and Louisville looked light years apart.

The Cardinals had ESPN’s “College GameDay” show on campus. They had a packed house and the nation’s attention. And with the spotlight brightest, they delivered, launching quarterback Lamar Jackson’s Heisman campaign and their own College Football Playoff pursuit in earnest with a 63-20 obliteration of No. 2 Florida State.

The Wildcats had a pitiful home crowd, announced at 49,669 but much closer to 30,000. They had the wounds of a Southern Miss collapse and Florida butt-whuppin’ still fresh. And with the flickering light of SEC Network’s alternate channel upon them, they struggled to put away New Mexico State despite 692 yards of offense.

:(

Yesterday kinda proved what I've suspected for a while now - in order for this type of offense to really work, you need a QB who can pull the ball and run. Unfortunately I think there's a legit QB controversy now, which is the last thing we needed. Because our defense remains unspeakably bad.
I don't see how you go back to Barker even if healthy. Regardless of opponent, that's the best QB play we've seen since Patty Ice vs. MSU two years ago.

I'm skeptical that he can keep it up against a team with a defensive pulse. I'm also skeptical that Barker will lose his job because of an injury. An entire PR campaign was built around him, so I have a hard time believing he'll be benched for good.

Reactions: Hankshaker
I think we beat Vandy and Austin Peay to finish out a 3-9 campaign. Then it's all about constructing some sort of narrative other than "because we can't afford to fire him" to justify bringing Stoops back for year five.

I'm skeptical that he can keep it up against a team with a defensive pulse. I'm also skeptical that Barker will lose his job because of an injury. An entire PR campaign was built around him, so I have a hard time believing he'll be benched for good.

They ran off Jim Bunning's grandson for Barker after Towles proved to be halfway decent. I can't imagine they are going to turn the keys to an unknown JUCO after a game against one of the few D-I defenses worse than our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT