POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you cannot defeat an argument, you just call it racist.
Oh come on man. There are plenty of other ways to win an argument. You can also call them misogynist, xenophobic, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, and if that doesn't work, you can just call them a dumb redneck! And if black people don't agree with you, just kindly remind them that they aren't really even black!

The Reagan movie hated by the 'critics' but getting great audience reviews. Shocker. Looking forward to seeing it.

GWa7RgxWcAAtm8h
It’s always so predictable.

Any movie that doesn’t portray conservatives badly is a zero. But if a movie is filled with gays and blacks or has some female lead with one of those combos then it’s “OMG! 100% perfect score! See how virtuous I am?”

Go look at the difference in critic scores of the Star Wars stuff like Last Jedi or Acolyte. 😂

Last Jedi: Critics 91%, audience 41%

D’Souza’s Death of a Nation: Critics 0%, Audience 88%

Acolyte: Critics 79%, Audience 18%

Ghostbusters 2016: Critics 74%, Audience 49%

Soul Surfer (Christian movie about Bethany Hamilton): Critics 45%, Audience 75%

The Star (animated talking animal movie about the animal leading Joseph and Mary to give birth to Jesus- national release) Critics 44%, Audience 70%

I could do this with so many films. If it’s “woke” and ideologically driven that aligns with the dogma of the left wing critics then it’s “awesome.” If it’s anything short of that with the slightest humanization of someone different than them then it’s terrible to critics.

Last edited:
Do people actually pay attention to movie critics? When is the last time Hollywood put out anything that was any good? Independent films are almost always better. I like to go back and watch old Film Noir classics.

Reactions: BlueCat#8 and blubo
Unrealized capital gains tax is the dumbest idea out of DC since, the capital gains tax. Can we deduct unrealized losses against our income?

Not only is it completely absurd its totally unworkable. Your point about unrealized loss deduction is the biggest. Guarantee they wont want to allow that but i can't think of any other current concept that lacks the balance of the deduction in the event of a loss. Without that deduction opportunity i don't know that its constitutional, but admittedly i don't know much about constitutional issues as applied to tax or revenue law/code.

Also - are you taxed on it once? Or every year till its actually realized? Who even placed value on such items or investments?

Its a gigantic boondoggle from every angle except political pandering to the insane far left.

Not only is it completely absurd its totally unworkable. Your point about unrealized loss deduction is the biggest. Guarantee they wont want to allow that but i can't think of any other current concept that lacks the balance of the deduction in the event of a loss. Without that deduction opportunity i don't know that its constitutional, but admittedly i don't know much about constitutional issues as applied to tax or revenue law/code.

Also - are you taxed on it once? Or every year till its actually realized? Who even placed value on such items or investments?

Its a gigantic boondoggle from every angle except political pandering to the insane far left.

There’s a bunch of bullshit in their plan that allows you to defer and pay a penalty if you’re illiquid, etc. I haven’t taken the time to read the actual details. Would have been nice if the Roberts courts would have defined realization as a necessary component of taxable income when they had the chance over the summer. Instead, we get to deal with this bullshit.

Liberals that do the right thing instead of what makes them feel warm and fuzzy will vote for Trump and Vance to represent their safety in the situation room instead of these two bumbling boobs.
CSB: It's an oxymoron for Libs to do the right thing over warm & fuzzy. As a conservative, I'm even stooping to vote for Trump.

Reactions: HymanKaplan
vivek would be a great campaign manager

Liberals are quick to say that this only affects something like 2,000 people, or whatever it is. Basically the richest of the rich. But it's the notion of even applying this capital gains tax to begin with. Because once it's in play, it will be much easier to shift the parameters from someone who has $100m networth.. down to $10m networth.. and then maybe anyone over $1mil.

Once this thing gets implemented, there will be no stopping it. Kind of like.. oh IDK, gay marriage leading the way for tampons in mens rooms lol.

You cannot coddle terrorist or evil people. You cannot show weakness to the enemy or bullies. You simply put them down and do it fast (quick response to their attacks) and do it complete. Wipe out the enemy.
What he said. It's why Ukraine needs to keep on too.

Jello Biafra predicted all of this over 45 years ago.

I am Governor Jerry Brown
My aura smiles
And never frowns
Soon I will be president...

Carter Power will soon go away
I will be Fuhrer one day
I will command all of you
Your kids will meditate in school
Your kids will meditate in school!

[Chorus:]
California Uber Alles
California Uber Alles
Uber Alles California
Uber Alles California

Zen fascists will control you
100% natural
You will jog for the master race
And always wear the happy face

Close your eyes, can't happen here
Big Bro' on white horse is near
The hippies won't come back you say
Mellow out or you will pay
Mellow out or you will pay!

[Chorus]

Now it is 1984
Knock-knock at your front door
It's the suede/denim secret police
They have come for your uncool niece

Come quietly to the camp
You'd look nice as a drawstring lamp
Don't you worry, it's only a shower
For your clothes here's a pretty flower.

DIE on organic poison gas
Serpent's egg's already hatched
You will croak, you little clown
When you mess with President Brown
When you mess with President Brown

Yep... Not a real person. If the parents of fallen soldiers take photos or videos there would you lock them up too?
In the words of the great RR, "There you go again." Who did I lock up? In fact, who did get locked up that you're apparently referring to? But keep digging.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT