ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
drxman is *extremely* hippocratic, imo:

hippo.jpg
14202509_10103744792003730_5442213515111787607_n.jpg

I mean, I can see the resemblance.

Did doc just take the pins out of his shirt, unfold it, and put it on? Looks like it came straight off the store shelf.

Did doc just take the pins out of his shirt, unfold it, and put it on? Looks like it came straight off the store shelf.
Easiest way to pack, imo. Go grab some van heusens from the Nicholasville pick & pay, and just throw them in the suitcase. Already folded, easy peasy

Friday 5...

1> Lucero = mom
2> Lucero = darken my door
3> Holly Williams = drinkin song
4> Sturgill Simpson = in bloom
5> Turnpike Troubadours = the bird hunters

Reactions: wildcatadam6
I know, the flaw in my theory is that none of them care. I WAS TRYING TO BE POSITIVE. So I'm going to pretend as if they do care.

My first memories of UK FB were under Curci. Saw a few great years - 1977, Peach Bowl W over UNC; 1978 (probation) 10-1, ranked #6 in final poll.

Under Claiborne, we were always competitive, played hard and played smart. Typical season 7-4, 6-5 or 5-6, but we would go toe to toe with some of the best teams in the country and often came close to beating them and went to some bowls. We lost some heartbreakers, but I don't recall losing any because of complete incompetence.

Back in those days (/73), it meant something to say we played in the SEC, because we were competitive and respectable.

The UK football follies and the absolute d*ckfingering shitshows started under Curry and we all know what has happened since. If someone could just duplicate the Claiborne years / Brooks peak years, I think everyone around here would be more than happy.

/Enough.

By the way, Century, I wouldn't worry too much what some dingbat airport "Bama fan" wing slanger thinks about UK football's SEC bona fides. The odds she could tell you the starting quarterback for Alabama's 92 title team are roughly negative 100%.

:pimp:

You just keep running, Forrest, and leave the music to the rest of us.

:okay:

Saw them in town about a year ago, but they haven't been around since. They're actually signed to Bossier City Records (Shreveport, basically) -- and I'm not really sure what the story is there. Pretty random.

Evan Felker is ridiculously talented. That band should be blowing up much more than they are.

Side note: ear buds can get f'ing pumped. I'm not a fan, really, of any small piece of plastic I have to jam into my ear. And when you're exercising, they're covered in sweat and fall out. I hate these stupid things.

Team Bryant over $138,000 and counting. :scream:

That is awesome.

Jesus christ.

anth's mom does *not* play the f around re: Bike to Beat Cancer.

The one year I did it, she got to give the opening address before we all took off. Probably 1000 riders/volunteers/organizers/etc in attendance. Maybe more. She was so nervous, she had an awesome speech planned out (which she rocked, btw), but wanted to skip the whole thing and just yell "TOUCH CANCER" into the microphone. [roll]

Would have been one for the record books, imo. Also would have been just as Schem as denim is Kentucky. IMO.

-BTBC started as three of them riding and raisng like $1,000. I believe we're now closing in on 500k in the last 6 years. Pretty awesome.

-[laughing] @ PTI. Amazing.

-Bob, if you're getting bigger, which you are, and walking that many steps (which really isn't that much for walking) how many calories are you shoving down your gullet? Keep shoving it, though. Be easier to drop 40 when the time comes. Walking 15k steps and eating yogurt for.breakfast doesn't mean you can shove 15k calories in lunch/dinner.

Reactions: JustinSphere
In the 80's Louisville was so close to giving up football and you could also get free tickets at times when you filled up at your local Convenient Store, then they hired Howard, they start beating up on cupcakes, we start playing them, they benefit from a MLK day protest going to a Fiesta Bowl that no Top 20 teams would go to that year, to John. L, Petrino, etc. And we helped them every step of the way.

Not hiring Howard in 1981 but hiring a capable but in his twilight, Claiborne. Hiring Curry, keeping Curry 3 years too long. Not hiring Petrino. The other thing is we are losing a generation of fans. 25 years ago in E'town, a Louisville fan was a distinct minority, a step above a novelty and now it's 50/50 if not a slight majority of UofL fans. A lot of you complain about local Steelers or Cowboy fans but this is what you're going to get more and more across the state is kids embracing UofL because they win and we don't.

To sum up, we shoulda hired Claiborne, instead of Bradshaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT