ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't get the Secretariat connection to UK granted I'm not a horse guy. What am I missing? I guess they're just going to shove this checkerboard down our throats along with the Houston logo and the H and the 'til the battle is won. [eyeroll]

Well probably just that he was a triple crown winner, turned in one of the most dominating performances ever winning the Belmont by 31 lengths, and is regarded as one of the greatest racehorses of all time (They made a movie about him too.)

Listened to the Shutdown Fullcast this morning. Highly recommended, if you're into folks making fun of Kentucky football for 15 minutes. One of them (not sure if it was the EDSBS guy or the dude who sounds like a girl) said, and I quote, "there are no two instate rivals as far apart as Kentucky & Louisville are."

#TilTheBattleIsWon

"At what price? The roots of the tree of our basketball jerseys are watered by what? The blood, of who? The fans to be sure, but who else? The players. Whose blood will be shed? It may be that of those in this room. It might be that of our children and grandchildren. It breaks my heart to think it might be their blood that is needed to redeem the jersey, to reclaim the jersey that we through our apathy and indifference have given away."

chxn-legs-front-moxy.jpg

If we could get these as Nike compression leg sleeves in blue and white :fire:

Gotta support our fried chicken heritage.

Like it or not, UK/Nike is going all in with the checkerboard pattern.

The jerseys are fine. The UK logo is better with the interlocking UK that some of you think looks like an H.

I like the throwbacks better, but I'm not going to shed any tears over the new unis.

Embarrassment? Amateur hour? Cheap and gimmicky?

Not at all. Get over yourselves.

Just wait until FCC has that lion guy holding a buckeye then Willy will get upset.

Or be happier. Who knows these days?

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Why do the new jerseys have a grey outline on the Kentucky script? No good.

Like the single font script.

Also, look at the team in that pic. What a bunch of killers.

THEY CAN BLOW YOU OUT IN SECONDS.

*Greg Anthony places headset down during timeout. Gets up to grab something. Shakes head ..."Ain't nobody beating this team." *

Reactions: tommyg4uk
- Foaled in Virginia and trained by a Frenchman. Nothing says Kentucky, like Secretariat's silks.

Also, I thought The Vols had the checkerboard pattern on lockdown? Pretty cool that we're copying them.

- 1996 Daytime TV power rankings:

1. Days of our Lives
2. Jerry Springer
3. Jenny Jones
4. Carney Wilson Show
5. Inside Edition

Honorable Mention: 1990s SNL re-runs on Comedy Central.

Reactions: UKraziest
Listened to the Shutdown Fullcast this morning. Highly recommended, if you're into folks making fun of Kentucky football for 15 minutes. One of them (not sure if it was the EDSBS guy or the dude who sounds like a girl) said, and I quote, "there are no two instate rivals as far apart as Kentucky & Louisville are."

#TilTheBattleIsWon

Point #4 in Mitch Barnhart's 5-Point Plan:

4. WE WILL OWN THIS STATE.

[sick]

Reactions: woodfordandwater
You know for all the talk about "can't wait for fall/summer sucks/its too hot/can't wait for football" this thread has been depressing as hell to read this week. Some great games coming up this weekend, weather is perfect, pumpkin beer is flowing, our badass basketball team is a month away from showing us what its got, I mean lets get it together people.

We've had much, much worse.

That's not a huge accomplishment. We had some of the worst uniforms in the history of the sport in the 90's. The denim wasn't nearly as bad as the cat claws or the icicles.

The frustration stems from the fact that of the college basketball bluebloods our uniforms are consistently the worst.

Duke
Kansas
North Carolina
UCLA

All have distinct "looks" and all look sharp IMO.

Duke, UNC and UCLA have had some pretty janky unis recently.

Those Kansas throwbacks tho... :fire:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT