ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys mean? He's totally not that fat, just look at his twitter avatar

zRNPlk_w.jpg

It's not bad. But, to be successful, you need to have a very specific voice about a very specific topic.

"Pardon My Take" covers a lot of ground, but it all orbits around a biting commentary on the tropes of sports journalism. That's what makes it great.

Definitely. "Pardon My Take" is our best kind of template to work from because their personalities match ours so well. Kind of made me realize we could be our usual cynical, sarcastic, foul minded/mouthed selves and more than a handful of people would get it and actually listen.

The "college dudes talking about UK sports" angle is a good start but the focus definitely needs to be narrowed. Still trying to decide what it might be that would work the best.

LadyCat or any other travel gurus...

The seat upgrade to Delta+ comfort worth it or nah? Would be $89/each for the leg over.

Also, with regards to TSA precheck...I have global entry, so obviously I get it. The lass does not. She's flown with me several times and always seems to get TSA precheck as well. Even now has flown without me and gets it. Any particular reason for this or has she just been getting lucky?

TIA.

LadyCat or any other travel gurus...

The seat upgrade to Delta+ comfort worth it or nah? Would be $89/each for the leg over.

Also, with regards to TSA precheck...I have global entry, so obviously I get it. The lass does not. She's flown with me several times and always seems to get TSA precheck as well. Even now has flown without me and gets it. Any particular reason for this or has she just been getting lucky?

TIA.

Yes, definitely pay the $89, particularly on the legs over to Europe. Makes a big difference in being able to stretch your legs out.

In a sense, she has gotten lucky. The airlines will grant it for "free" based on her travel profile but it's not guaranteed. Before I signed up for Global Entry, it seems like I would get it 4 out of 5 times but the one time I didn't, it seriously sucked.

Reactions: drxman1
The only person associated with UK bball who I truly hate is Ralph Hacker. Burn in hell, Hacker. Burn in hell.

Jon is a true Wildcat friend.
Just finished the series last night.

One thing I was struck by in this series (which hasn't been mentioned) was it was interesting to see the work done by in terms of making an effort to giving these athletes an actual education.

Even for a JUCO which clearly prioritized football, the coaches, staff and faculty all did make efforts to ensure the players attended class, did their work etc. And while most of the athletes were clearly unmotivated academically, they were given real opportunities for an education.

Every time I saw this aspect, I couldn't help but be reminded of the UNC Scandal where the school basically has argued that despite having full-time academic support staff available, despite helping to set up the athletes schedules, despite having study halls etc. in place and despite Roy Williams receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars for his team's academic 'achievements', that it's not reasonable to expect that they would know that their athletes are taking classes which don't meet, have no assigned work during the semester and is run by a secretary ? And this has been going on for decades without anyone knowing?

Complete BS. The efforts shown by staff at this Junior College help illustrate just how ridiculous UNC's claims of ignorance of their athletes academic requirements actually are.

Yes, definitely pay the $89, particularly on the legs over to Europe. Makes a big difference in being able to stretch your legs out.

In a sense, she has gotten lucky. The airlines will grant it for "free" based on her travel profile but it's not guaranteed. Before I signed up for Global Entry, it seems like I would get it 4 out of 5 times but the one time I didn't, it seriously sucked.

Guess I better pony up. We arrive at 9am. Lass has just informed me we are going to a bullfight that night. I mean, that's pretty interesting.

Speaking from a position of knowledge, sadly, that is sweat. However, he could be a sweater. I've seen people in shape sweat like that when it is humid out.

1996 team got new shirts.

Looks kinda like this:

1996 NCAA Champs
34-2

RICK PITINO

Player Name Player Name Player Name Player Name
Player Name Player Name Player Name Player Name

I assume Mills is upset over food. Not sure what happened but I guarantee it has to do with food.

When he was still pining to be an evangelist, his wife left him, and he went downhill quick..

-Nothing to do with his fall from grace, and not that you'd tell them "No", but I understand his parents recently moved into his basement.../grain of salt

DA and Mercer look like they could still lace them up and go today. Best duo I've ever seen play in college basketball on that 97 squad.

Meals has Val Kilmer syndrome.

Cot dam that team was filty just based on this stat alone:
3 pt %
Delk 44%
McCarty 46%
Anderson 39%
Sheppard 50%
Epps 40%
Pope 35%
Mercer 33%

Last edited:
Status