ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite character in Animal House is The Stork. He's addled enough to be viewed by his friends as possibly brain-damaged, has a Southern accent, yet somehow ended up in a liberal arts college in the Northeast. How did this happen?

I like Mashburn, Walker, Mercer, DA, and Delk as my team. Maybe their top end wasn't as high as Calipari's guys...but man, they could ball in college.

You're from effing Paintsville. I get the non-regional accent or whatever trying to ascend up the ranks but come on.

-I've witnessed my dad act like a giddy high school girl after seeing Walter McCarty at Wal-Mart, so I kind of understand how huge they were. But, in 20 years I don't see myself being too concerned if John Wall doesn't like Coach McGillyCuddy.

-It always seemed to me like Rodney Dangerfield and Bill Murray were the most widely beloved Caddyshack characters. I thought Ted Knight was the one that always got overlooked. I'm a millennial and don't know shit about 80's movies, I know.

Such a BEAST
19960408_large.jpg

The Stork was great and that dude was a main writer on both Animal House and Caddyshack. He died in 1980 falling off a cliff in Hawaii or something. We lost a national treasure that day.

Knight and Dangerfield were great on screen together because the two really despised each other. You can't fake that level of animosity.

Last edited:
Controversial Take: I am not going to watch the college football game tonight and actually resent the fact that there is a college football game tonight. Just seems like a lame, cheap, ploy for TV that actually detracts from and waters down the true opening of college football season.

Damn, that's badass. Congrats

So Stork was one of the primary screenwriters with Ramis for Caddyshack? And he co-founded National Lampoon? Did not know. Apparently, he committed suicide in Hawaii (accidental??) after becoming depressed over negative reviews of Caddyshack.

Reactions: ukwizard
I did screw up that quote. Damnit.

Lacey was also the hot chick in TRON.

Did actually consider naming my boat "The Flying Wasp."

Last edited:
Caddyshack, Vacation (all 3 of them in the 80s), and Fletch are some of my favorite movies ever. And for that reason, Chevy Chase is untouchable to me...even though he isn't funny anymore, and is a complete dick. But those movies were gold, and he was a comic god for a decade. Worship that kind of humor.

I understand why you might think the game tonight is BS but there is a good reason it is early. Hawaii gets 13 regular season games and there only 13 weeks in the regular season. So, in order to have an off week during the middle of the season they have to play a game the week before the season actually starts.

Really? Didn't care much for it. Ramis forced it in there after they realized the film's biggest both stars weren't in 1 scene together.
False. Murray wasn't a star at that time.

Top 3 stars going into the Caddyshack opening:

Chase
Dangerfield
Ted Knight

What happened to Shitbags jaw?
I had a pretty big underbite so they fixed that. My dad had to have the same surgery when he was in college and they had to wire his jaw shut for like 9 weeks. 30 years later the surgery wasn't nearly as bad and I'll be back to normal in like a week and a half. Not ideal but it's whatever.
What's sad is that Jeff Sheppard to Slice/Shitbag is basically Kyle Macy to most of the rest of us. :eyes:
My dad had VHS tapes of the '98 tournament starting at the Duke game (Have watched that one a million times.) Sheppard was my favorite player watching those games, behind Wayne Turner.

-Had a class with a 10am lab on Friday that I didn't really need to take. Already dropped it. Don't know what I was thinking last Spring scheduling that.

I'm not sure if we appreciate the fact that major college athletes sacrifice a lot socially to play their respective sports. I've sort of lately begun to realize that it's kind of unfair to then expect them to, you know, not be asshats as adults.

Not everyone drank beer, smoked drugs, and chased tail throughout their formidable years, I guess.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm the only one that never realized...two movies, same girl. Now living in obscurity.

sarah-holcomb.jpeg

I don't think many people realize that. Sarah Holcomb, IIRC. Actually noticed it from the credits, never would have figured it out just by looking at her.

She should be (and I'm sure in some realms is) a great answer to a trivia question. And IIRC, those are the only 2 movies she ever appeared in. She dropped the mic.

Reactions: wildcat1973
Anyone else's lass talk to you on the phone for >5 minutes, repeat herself at least thrice, and never *really* say anything? Man, talk about a pet peeve.

George Carlin's bit on the essentials of a phone call comes to mind.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
^ No. If I'm on the phone with my lass for more than 20 seconds in normal every day life, that means it's some type of emergency or tragedy. Really, that goes for just about anyone that's not business-related.

Handle yo biz.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
False. Murray wasn't a star at that time.

lol you're a GD idiot.

Caddyshack opened in 1980 and Murray had already been on SNL for THREE years prior. Everyone in the country knew who he was.

So I guess Farley wasn't a star before Tommy Boy came out, either? You think Murray was just some obscure HEY DO YOU KNOW WHO BILL MURRAY IS HE'S SORTA FUNNY kind of guy before it opened? Caddyshack was Dangerfield's first real feature film, too. But I guess the stand-up comedy circuit he was on was that much more prominent than SNL.

Idiot. Grief.

I don't think many people realize that. Sarah Holcomb, IIRC. Actually noticed it from the credits, never would have figured it out just by looking at her.

She should be (and I'm sure in some realms is) a great answer to a trivia question. And IIRC, those are the only 2 movies she ever appeared in. She dropped the mic.

I don't know about dropping the mic. Apparently she ended up a huge coke whore and got really messed up. She ended up leaving the industry due to her drug problems, cleaned up her life, changed her name, and now lives in Bolivian.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
From /r/churning:

Enter the code ridefree16 in your Uber app for $20 off your next ride...best part is it works for existing users!

Edit: expires 8/31

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT