ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course DA is anti Cal, for chrissake he went on the radio with Deener & Billy Reed a few months after the '15 season and trashed the shit out of his coaching ability to the joy of those 2 unsavory UL lovers. said Cal's awful coaching had cost UK at least 2 titles.

(SAE likes this)

welcome back tonight, CFB. enjoy this clip of a stiff-ass brit experiencing the Iron Bowl.

Attended LCA growing up... And someone in the administration heard that former UK basketball player Cameron Mills loved speaking about his Christianity. So he was a frequent guest at the school. "See? We're cool. We're hip. Look at our connections, we got a UK basketball player in here to help save your souls, what's better than that?!" Um, literally almost anything.

He'd come in preaching fire and brimstone, telling his audience of elementary/middle school kids how terrible we all were. The only time anyone would perk up is when he would talk about being a champion, then say how he'd throw that all away if it meant he couldn't have Jesus (because those are mutually exclusive). Even as a naive innocent little kid I remember feeling something along the lines of "dude, if you're not gonna talk about basketball, just STFU because you suck at this." Then he'd follow it all with an awkward call to the alter, all the kids would look at each other awkwardly, nobody would move, and he'd get more fervent in his preaching until someone broke and walked forward to save the rest of us.

-DA used to like Cal, a lot, I guess that stems from DA criticizing Cal after the Wisconsin loss.

-Rogue isn't a good poster but he's dead on about Mills. If you're a dick to a bunch of grade school campers, you're just an asshole. Only player/coach in 4 years that was even remotely rude. The players that got picked for his teams hated him the most, the relief when we got someone else was awesome. Thanks for the big 3, now collect your pumps. He deserves his fat.

-Meh, Cal will squash it. He's not going to let Rick win that battle.

- Have always heard similar shit about Mills. I'll allow it, even though he hit that shot against Duke and was a beast during the '97 run.

- But I'm not going to sit here and let anyone jump Sheppard. You ungrateful touchbois apparently forgot he redshirted and then came back to lead Tubby's tiredass to the F4- including 18 big ones against Duke to keep us from totally getting shelled. Once in the F4, dude showed the F out- 27 against Stanford including two ridiculous 3s off curls in OT and then 16 in the title game.

- Details next week but I'm a Boston guy now. Favorite city I've visited, even more so than SD and SF. Love it here. Could see a young '73 just plowing his way through this town.

I think exchanges like that strike me more than most because they are basically inessential to the plot, but they tell you so much about both characters and their relationship.

Don't know if those 96 guys really dislike Cal, but I can see some jealousy there. For almost 2 decades, those mid-90's squads were the benchmark of modern UK basketball, then along comes Cal and his succession of juggernauts.

And I don't recall exactly what DA said about the 2015 Wisconsin game, but if all he said was that Cal didn't coach a good game, he wasn't entirely wrong.

-Rogue isn't a good poster

Have seen scans from a bunch of prostitutes that had jaw surgery from TMJ problems. Poor things wore out that joint.

What happened to Shitbags jaw?

Chad's defense of any/all UK players is annoying. I'm perfectly fine with LOVING 93% of UK players, Liking 4%, being indifferent to 2%, and hating 1%.

Kyle Macy sucks. How you like that?

I didn't take up for Mills. I will take up for guys who won F4 MOP awards.

Reactions: Century Cat
Animal house I have to go with Otter...honorable mention to a creepy Donald Sutherland.

I may need someone to give me some perspective but why is it important for players from the 90's to like Cal?
Because they were our gd idols growing up. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

The exchange in Caddyshack that kills me is between Spaulding and the Judge over playing golf over tennis. What about my asthma? [laughing]

Reactions: BarrySlice
Rodney Dangerfield, even still, getting no respect.

smdh

maxresdefault.jpg

FTW

Richie Farmer - jail
Sheppard - Zija
DA - Wisconsin critcism-weak ambassador of the Jordan Brand
Mercer - No open floor game- has he ever spoke?
Feldhaus - who knows?
Pelphrey - Now a Billy D wannabe Yankee
Pitino - lol
Turner Burner & 1 - TBD
Delk - awful on the call/no TV personality
Mills - fat and awful/condescending apostle of JC
Nazr - [thumb2]
Sean Woods - a dick
Ford - still a dick
Mashburn - STILL HOLDING UP OVER TIME THANK GOD THE TRUE CONSTANT IN MY UK FANDOM AS A KID----> ADULT

^ all pretty sobering, IMO

I guess if you didn't grow up in that era I could understand why you wouldn't get the relevance but for 75%+ of the fan base that 1996 team is THE TEAM. It's hard to explain how big they really were. Not sure we've seen or will see another group like that because the players don't stick around any more. Fairly important to play nice with influential alumni. I also think it's being overblown a bit.

-Feldhaus is still around. I see him at games. He hit on B$ once which made her year because he was her UK crush growing up. He's a big boy and not fat.
-DA, Pel, Shep, Turner, Ford, Delk(for sure), Mercer are all fine.
-Mills and Farmer can GGP.

Richie Farmer - jail
Sheppard - Zija
DA - Wisconsin critcism-weak ambassador of the Jordan Brand
Mercer - No open floor game- has he ever spoke?
Feldhaus - who knows?
Pelphrey - Now a Billy D wannabe Yankee
Pitino - lol
Turner Burner & 1 - TBD
Delk - awful on the call/no TV personality
Mills - fat and awful/condescending apostle of JC
Nazr - [thumb2]
Sean Woods - a dick
Ford - still a dick
Mashburn - STILL HOLDING UP OVER TIME THANK GOD THE TRUE CONSTANT IN MY UK FANDOM AS A KID----> ADULT

^ all pretty sobering, IMO

WTF??? No Gimel Martinez no care.

sch

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT