ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things.
#1. I wish Boogie would've knocked that stupid face off his head. God he's an epic douche.
#2. :eek: Boogie is in ridiculous shape. That's as svelte as he's ever looked.
#3. Right outside of STK/Cosmo. Dammit, I love that hotel.
#4. I really wish he would have punched him.
#5. What is that little dweeb in the background doing?
#6. I guess marshmellow face is moving on over to the NBA, good for UK. He may want to play nice with the best center in the world after all these years of antagonizing him. Doubt Cuz is amused.
CoBtBl8VIAURO8K.jpg:large
"Dammit, I'm gonna have to testify in a murder trial aren't I?" - little dweeb in background

So to recap- Harry Potter cover begat Pokemon Go! at stadium begat menstruation discussion.

This is fine.

Anth, sorry about your grandfather.

So, the White Sox clubhouse is something to behold right now. Adam Laroche retires right before the season after he was asked to scale back allowing his teenage son in the clubhouse a bit.

And tonight before their game, Chris Sale hated the throwback uniforms so much, he took a pair of scissors to every set of uniforms in the locker room and cut them up. [laughing] Seriously, how bad could they have been to literally take scissors to 25 sets of uniforms???

So, they sent his ass home and played in another set of throwbacks. What an asshole move. Suspend his ass without pay.

Welp, can't wait for stories from this year's Olympic village. The Australians just said they won't use it due to the conditions - exposed wiring, leaking pipes, clogged toilets.

Anth, sorry about your grandfather.

So, the White Sox clubhouse is something to behold right now. Adam Laroche retires right before the season after he was asked to scale back allowing his teenage son in the clubhouse a bit.

And tonight before their game, Chris Sale hated the throwback uniforms so much, he took a pair of scissors to every set of uniforms in the locker room and cut them up. [laughing] Seriously, how bad could they have been to literally take scissors to 25 sets of uniforms???

So, they sent his ass home and played in another set of throwbacks. What an asshole move. Suspend his ass without pay.

I like it. All these specialty unis are lame and cliche by now.

Here's what gets me. For the last 4-5 years - basically the entire career of Chris Sale - the White Sox have had this thing where they wear throwback uniforms every Sunday home game, and it's one throwback per season. The only throwbacks the Sox have worn that deserved to be cut up were these.

533405137_7d19448365_o.jpg

Also, Sale was the most outspoken critic of the way the team handled the Adam Laroche situation, which...I mean the kid's 13 and isn't special needs. It's weird. The whole thing is weird. Par for the course for BKH34-supported teams.

I feel like anths grandfather is the true Original Gangster. Worked til he was almost 90 as the "enforcer/muscle" at BHVAC. Had 3 generations named in his honor. Great man, from what I could tell. Sorry about your loss.

Anth -- Mitch Hedberg does a skit about the club sandwich.
"Do you like frilly toothpicks?"
"Yeah, I'm for em."
"F*** it. Let's start a club." :joy:

Back home after an awesome but whirlwind weekend. Great to see everyone. Looking forward to possibly a football game and definitely Vegas with the crew.

Adam Laroche -- I don't give a rip about the backstory. Don't bring your gd kid to work every day. Especially if you struggle to hit 200.

Quick randos...
- the schems/black mike/bellydancers/80-bmoney sure do have some cute kids
- boats boat is all that. very badass
- OSheas is such a great bar. something for everyone in there
- Lexington just keeps getting nicer
- the highlight may have been taking anth the 3rd up to kirwan tower with ws via jogging stroller and reminiscing. so many memories

Shew wee glad my seats were in the shade to see my local minor league soccer side dominate the outclassed competition from Louisville.

The sheer number of schmucks walking around with f'ing scarves in a heat wave pissed me off beyond measure. Oh, and the douche fans. I don't know what the soccer equivalent of an "arm chair quarterback" is, but I literally wanted to smash the guys' faces in around me.

"WHY ARE WE IN A 4-4-2-1?!?!?!?"
"Look at our spacing in the back, just terrible."
"Did you see how fast he got up the pitch on that break away?!?!?"

I pull for any team playing Louisville in any sport, even the GEL, but damn I'm ordering some Louisville City gear after that. I actually feel sorry that Willy has to, for occupational reasons, practically be branded with an FC Cincinnati pecker on his forehead to pimp out a franchise with that mouth-breathing fan base. I'm debating dropping the Reds/Bengals now since I assume the fan alligence overlap is significant.

Back to lurking.....

I think US soccer fans mostly consists of nerds who want to enjoy a sporting event but resent "normal" American sports (and their fans) for a variety of reasons.

That personality type overlaps with a strong desire for avoiding peccadillos like calling the "pitch" a "field," etc. It's a perfect storm of me wanting no part of the game day experience.

Plus, take that personality and add in a dash of native (Greater) Cincinnati / Lousiville guy:

"Amongst'em F.C."

Weekend Randoms:

Great seeing Pti this weekend. Hot as hell and nothing better than soaking in the lake.

Saw a bald eagle couple of times. Wasn't quick enough to get the camera, he gave us a pretty sweet fly by. Majestic.

Went to see "Hillary's America." Not quite as good as his first documentary on Obama, but did raise some eyebrows. Interesting how the Democratic party went from being the proslavery, pro KKK, anti womens suffrage party to now the "party for social justice." I'm sure he would have had a field day with this new DNC scandal.

Looking forward to some rain, just clear out by Saturday.

Reactions: Stonewall12
I've been trying to tell you how repulsive Cincinnati fan is for a decade.

He was describing Soccer Fan in general, dumbass. Learn Twitter or the soccer thread on this very board.

We get it, Soccer Fan. You know the game. Kin of Obnoxious Female Sports Fan, really.

Interesting how the Democratic party went from being the proslavery, pro KKK, anti womens suffrage party to now the "party for social justice."
Pretty ground breaking, HS history class level stuff. You might also be interested in knowing that Lincoln was a Republican and the South used to vote straight Democrat, but keep this in GYERO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT