ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get we aren't blessed with great choices here. But for the people who are thumping on Hillary's experience and resume, what has she done well?

I'll hang up and listen.

She's done a pretty good job stonewalling multiple investigations into her corruption/incompetence? Top notch email deleter? Really fills out a moo-moo? Isn't Bernie Sanders?

Hillary and Trump both grew up rich kids. But Trump is the one who gets slammed for it.

Hillary went to law school-and failed the bar her first try.

Pretty much her political career is the by product of being married to Bill. It's pretty reasonable to conclude that part of her staying with him after he disgraced the Presidency with his sex scandals was to launch hers.

She got elected in a New York, where she wasn't even from.

She got her ass whooped by Obama in 2008, who simply painted her as "Someone you can't trust" and then she took Secretary of State as a stepping stone.

Her run as Secretary of State, well that was one giant turd.

She's escaped indictment, but being branded a liar by the Director of the FBI and someone "with questionable judgment" might actually be worse.

So again, she's got a resume, but what has she done well?

Ok, now Chad's just trolling. You can vote for Hilary Clinton. I get it. Party alliance, terrified of Trump, etc. Fine.

But to actually LIKE her? You have to straight up have your head buried in the sand. Nobody likes Hilary Clinton. Not even her own staff or family. Come on.

Resume? Joker Phillips has a resume too. Want him to come coach your football team?

Wednesday Randoms:

- Never been a huge fan of 80s nostalgia for some reason (am a big fan of 90s nostalgia) but I'm going to check out "Stranger Things" soon- the reviews and buzz are great and it stars my girl Winona Ryder :)fire:).

- So, the Big 12 will expand. Could this be UC's big ticket? Looks like the Bearcats, BYU and UConn are the leading candidates.

- So, Baseball Guy, what will Bruce and Cozart fetch on the open market? Anything good?

- I hate sportswriters so much. UK's schedule features these games AWAY FROM HOME (Michigan State, Arizona State, UNC, Louisville) yet this isn't good enough for those dweebs.

- Blue turns 3 months old today. Good-looking dude- most popular guy in the neighborhood.

- Millennial Sports Podcast Checklist:

* Ironically declaring a "hot take"
* Multiple references to something said by another sportswriter on Twitter
* Advanced stats only- don't even think about using PPG or RBIs!
* Only use an athlete or coach's first name when discussing them
* Just so you know these dude's aren't your father's sportswriter, let's make sure to clumsily toss in a segment on pop culture

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
Yep- I'm a Hollywood Democrat, whatever that means. [laughing]

I love the conservative groupthink in this area- you people just can't fathom that liberals exist. It really irritates you guys. I've never understood that. I'm a Hollywood democrat and SAE has white liberal guilt.

I like Hilary Clinton. Always have. She's not perfect, but she's smart and has a good resume for the position. Despite the 25 years of witch hunts, she's still standing. I think she's a good person and will do a good job. You're welcome to disagree. :pray:
[laughing]

Michael Rappaport and the drummer from the Black Crowes have sports podcasts/radio shows. I mean, sports talk isn't exactly nuclear physics. It's essentially what you would talk about if you met up with your buddies at a bar after work. And yet . . .

Michael Rappaport and the drummer from the Black Crowes have sports podcasts/radio shows. I mean, sports talk isn't exactly nuclear physics. It's essentially what you would talk about if you met up with your buddies at a bar after work. And yet . . .

I couldn't handle Rappaport on a consistent basis- every once in awhile with Simmons is more than enough.

Ichiro hitting a cool .345 at age 42. Love that the argument about Ichiro >>> Rose bothers so many dorks, even if the argument doesnt carry enough weight. Bottom line is the dude is up there with the best hitters of all time and obviously you can't compare stats in different leagues with 100% accuracy, but it would be great for someone to pass Rose just to take even more shine off his loser life.

Number of people in the history of the universe that have changed political affiliation based on internet banter remains zero.

Sports journalist need to go back to newsie caps and tweed jackets and only using typewriters.

Wish there was a way to somehow find my entire Napster catalog from about 2000-2001. Had to have been some jams that I have long forgotten about.

Of the half dozen new neighbors i've met so far, not one of the wives works- which my wife has brought up a few times already. "But when the kids are born maybe I could stay home for awhile and see how it goes..." Sure you can stay home for a bit. Its called maternity leave- then you go back to work. Christ.

Been going bakc through old 30 for 30's since ive been battling some insomnia lately:
1. Guru of Go
2. Without Bias
3. Two Escobars
4. One Night in Vegas
5. June 17 1994

We tinkered with the idea of selling our rental house in Tuscaloosa and buying a place in Ft. Walton where my wife's family has a place, so we could use it a few weekends and rent it out the others. Then I talked to an agent down there about insurance costs for beach front property. LULZ. Nope. We'll keep our little place we already have which we charge way too much for and people line up to pay it. Unless there was a guarantee that this beach house would rented out consistently, i could see taking a loss annually with that "income property."

Maybe its just me but I feel like Netflix isnt getting many good movies anymore. There are a couple series i want to check out, but for features- the bootleg HBOGO password has been way more fruitful.

Think there's a decent rising segment of our population that is fiscally conservative and socially left of center. Unfortunately, the GOP has failed to realize this or tap into it. Or maybe their hands are tied by the Washington machine.

One of the main issues for the GOP is they must realize that the white male is darn near a minority now. You can't turn off Hispanics and blacks anymore and just market yourself to white males.

Do think once you get past all of the media fueled circus act that Trump plays up he is probably more socially moderate yet fiscally conservative than led to believe.

Maybe its just me but I feel like Netflix isnt getting many good movies anymore. There are a couple series i want to check out, but for features- the bootleg HBOGO password has been way more fruitful.

They lost a lot of their licenses apparently.

Think there's a decent rising segment of our population that is fiscally conservative and socially left of center.

ap111228110669.jpg

Michael Rappaport has been awful in everything he's every done.

-Thought he was decent in "Higher Learning". Seeing that movie in a packed, ethnically-diverse theater in Lexington with some of my honky frat brothers was an eye-opener. When Rappaport's character got curb-stomped by a group of black characters, many in the crowd stood up and started cheering and pumping their fists, and one guy even turned towards us and started cheering. That was awkward.

-Both candidates suck. Both parties suck. And yes, I know about the Libertarian guy. Just don't know enough about him yet to vote for him.

-I'd get more excited about KENTUCKY TAKEOVER DAY on the SECN if they actually showed some games they don't already show at other times during the year. For basketball, I'd love to see the home win over LSU in 1989(I think that's the year w/o live television, but there HAS to be video of it somewhere that they could synch up with Cawood's call), or the Brassow tip-in win over Arizona in Maui.

For football.....well.....maybe show the basketball win over #2-ranked Maryland from early in the 1998 season or something.

-BYU is in a tough spot. Ideally, they'd latch on to the Pac-12 if that league jumps to 14. They'd get the West Coast TV market, and they naturally recruit from that area(and the Samoans) anyway. But you can't stand by while the Big 12 expands, hoping for a Pac-12 invite that may never come.

-That new CFA breakfast sandwich isn't terrible, but it's really, really bland. The McD's egg white sandwich is a better call if you're looking to go that route.

Think there's a decent rising segment of our population that is fiscally conservative and socially left of center. Unfortunately, the GOP has failed to realize this or tap into it. Or maybe their hands are tied by the Washington machine.
or the fact those normal people don't get as politically active or even vote in numbers like the extremes do

If the Pac 12 has Utah, then why the hell would they need/want BYU?

If the Pac 12 has Utah, then why the hell would they need/want BYU?

Apples and oranges, bubs. Utah has a purely state-wide following. BYU, for obvious reasons, has a much broader appeal. My Mormon neighbors go bonkers when BYU gets a nationally-televised ANYTHING. The Pac-12 Network would get more eyeballs if they could feature the flagship university of an entire(and growing) religious group that is nationwide.

Reactions: ukalum01
UofL has called an emergency BOT meeting tomorrow - Ramsey finally out?
can't wait to see what state laws they break in this one

doesn't make sense but 'insiders' on twitter dot come seem convinced Memphis to B12 is a done deal. gets them into SEC territory, decent travel destination is I guess the logic, plus FedEx willing to pump a bunch of money into the school/conference. I'm sure BBdK is fired up for more conference realignment discussion. hopefully this will be it? the stupidity of some of the moves will never look good. it will take me 20 years to think Maryland is B1g not ACC.

Apples and oranges, bubs. Utah has a purely state-wide following. BYU, for obvious reasons, has a much broader appeal. My Mormon neighbors go bonkers when BYU gets a nationally-televised ANYTHING. The Pac-12 Network would get more eyeballs if they could feature the flagship university of an entire(and growing) religious group that is nationwide.

I understand, but the network system is about to be bunk considering sooner than later, people will be buying television stations a la carte. I don't see the P12, B10 or SEC expanding again any time soon.

Oh I guess we're all gonna insinuate things about Natalie Portman today, GYERO?

Some of you need to go into a different thread and think about what you're doing.

It's not my fault Gary Oldman killed her entire family, turning her into a desperate orphan looking for revenge with the help of a lonely hitman from the Eastern Bloc, Max.

I will not be the bad guy here. If you want to blame someone, blame Gary.

Inspired by their tour (which my friends says was actually really good), been listening to some GNR.:scream:

1. November Rain
2. Don't Cry
3. Sweet Child O'Mine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT