ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, Alum 10 was talking about $40 bar tabs, which hardly sounds like bottle service. Maybe you need to start catching up now you grumpy old sober driving bastard.

Chad does raise a valid point though. Leaving Kentucky in October is dumb. It's the best time of year here. Should have waited till November to go hogging.

Oktoberfest Zinzinnati moving from up near Fountain Square to 2nd & 3rd Streets between Walnut and Elm. Hopefully this helps with the spacing issues.

Let's be honest. Anyplace with ALL INCLUSIVE is a 3rd world country not worth getting overly braggy about.

-Ursch, I'm warning you. If I get off a plane in NOLA and you take me to a museum for 4 hours I'm likely to freak out. I'm just saying.

-I have no qualms about my desires in NOLA. The shitty of the shittiest bars on Bourbon St and eat FATTTTT!!! Very similar to Vegas in you just have to find what you like and enjoy it. I only get miserable when I stray. I've done the other areas, meh. I want to sing my ass off, drunk as hell on hand grenades, to a white DJ sorta karaoke rapping on stage at Razzos. I can do this at 3p or 3a, don't really care.

My last trip to Nola did not step foot in the quarter, and had a blast.

Figures Anth wouldn't want to go to the WW2 museum. He's a patriotic guy when he gets to wear American flag tshirts and swimsuits on the 4th of July, but thats about it.

I absolutely want to go. I love history and museums, I however don't want it to be my first stop. Much rather get up one morning, grab some coffee and go check it out until lunch. Coming in hot for a bachelor party #1 on the list isn't a somber war museum.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Frenchman St was awesome, IMO.

If you're visiting you can run through and do Bourbon St for a bit but I've kinda aged past it, I guess. NOLA has so much more to offer than just getting lit on Hurricanes @ Pat O'Brien's. Just my wag.

Reactions: drxman1
I guess it depends on how long you're here. 3-4 days of not leaving Bourbon Street...

[sick]

Mercy. That's not even opinion so much as fact. You will legitimately become ill. Violently so, even.

Reactions: drxman1
Agree somewhat. 5 days last SECT was o_O. Ridiculous, and kept me from attending the Final 4 weeks later. We got down a day early, and left a day late...which was fun, but ugh.

3 days is :fire:. I'm open for the last 1/2 day-Day, though. Check out the city, landmarks, etc. Sounds like a nice way to wrap up the trip for a few hours.

Reactions: catholic_back
Eh, we're checking the museum and actually doing an air boat thing one morning. But if you think I'm going from the plane to a 4 hour museum tour, you can firmly get pumped.

Last edited:
Reactions: wcc31
So you're gonna be blowing up Bourbon St, crushing hand grenades every 2-3 hours, enjoying cheap beer, with some white DJ sorta karaoke rapping on stage at Razzos....and then you're gonna go on an airboat in the morning?

Good Luck.

[laughing]

Oktoberfest Zinzinnati moving from up near Fountain Square to 2nd & 3rd Streets between Walnut and Elm. Hopefully this helps with the spacing issues.

It was waayyyyy better when it was up on Central in front of School of Performing Arts. 6 lanes across plus a median made for plenty of space. I hate all the shit by Fountain Square, way to jammed.

Just a friendly reminder that our SEC football program featured Harry Potter as the face of the team last year and is hosting Pokemon Go! before the start of season.

I'll be over here, drawing my blinds and getting smoked by BurntNugz420/69! in Star Wars: Battlefront if anyone needs me.

Got to branch out some on my last trip to NOLA. Spent some quality time at Jake and Snakes Christmas Lounge, got run from one place by a Jamaican dude yelling "all black", stayed with a queer and a hippie chick in an Air BnB that had all sorts of skulls (including real human) everywhere, watched my buddy puke on a palm tree as the sun was rising, and still spent some time on Bourbon St.

That place is up there with NYC as a location I will never get tired of visiting.

That shit deal I had to go into business with the other two fellas, yeah, dodged a bullet.

The one that worried me is going through a nasty divorce and the future ex dropped the dime he went to prison for kidnapping and got fired from his last job for stealing cash from 3 stores he managed.

Feel terrible for my buddy. It really hasn't fully hit him yet.

That place is up there with NYC as a location I will never get tired of visiting.
I was firmly done with it in April 2012 but, yes. I've done all that locals stuff and it's fine. I'm sure we'll hit Frenchman but I'd be lying if I tried to act like I wanted to do anything but crush Bourbon. Maybe if I was coming down with WS and hanging with just PTI for a few days. But for my last single college buddies bachelor party? Lol, no way. I'm going to grind these fools into the ground and it's going to be awesome.

That shit deal I had to go into business with the other two fellas, yeah, dodged a bullet.

The one that worried me is going through a nasty divorce and the future ex dropped the dime he went to prison for kidnapping and got fired from his last job for stealing cash from 3 stores he managed.

Damn. Sometimes you just have to follow your gut. I had the chance a few years ago to leave my current company and go be the VP of R&D. I thought about their offer long and had, I had my resignation letter written, and was going to pull the trigger on Monday morning. The weekend before, something didn't feel right and turned them down. Two months later the board fired the CEO for embezzling, they had to lay off a bunch of people, etc. Every time I see the guy who took the job after I turned it down, I just thank God that I came to my senses beforehand.

Eeek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT