ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ a fellow at work today has twins going into kindergarten. He apparently just received their list of items to bring to school on the first day. Obviously he is shit out of luck X2 but the list itself is pretty ridiculous. Its a 1.5 page word doc with everything from their normal school stuff like crayons and pencils and a bunch of glue to certain types of acceptable back packs, 3 boxes of kleenex for their snotty little noses, printer ink cartridges (wtf) and other random shit.

I mean I went to private school (wouldnt dare mess with the public system... yikes) where basic academic needs were provided for us so maybe its the norm. A little over the top imo.

Most golfers period rarely win majors. Being 40 vs 33 has nothing to do with it this day in age, if you're talking about the game's best players.

Phil is 46, Patrick Reed is 25. Reed has no advantage over Phil at this moment, period.

He's still one of the best players in the world, as he proved yet again with authority.

[laughing] at PTI(pti)'s magic number now being 41, btw. Should be 42-43 by 2018, I'm guessing.

Reactions: _Chase_
Anyone going to the Bahamas this year?
  • October 14: Big Blue Madness, Rupp Arena, Lexington
  • October 21: Blue White Game, Rupp Arena, Lexington
  • October 30: Clarion, Rupp Arena, Lexington (Exhibition)
  • November 6: Asbury, Rupp Arena, Lexington (Exhibition)
  • November 11: Stephen F. Austin, Rupp Arena, Lexington
  • November 13: Canisius, Rupp Arena, Lexington
  • November 15: Michigan State, Madison Square Garden, New York
  • November 20: Duquesne, Rupp Arena, Lexington
  • November 23: Cleveland State, Rupp Arena, Lexington
  • November 25: UT-Martin, Rupp Arena, Lexington
  • November 28: Kentucky vs. Arizona State, Atlantis, Bahamas
  • December 3: Kentucky vs. UCLA, Rupp Arena, Lexington
  • December 11: Kentucky vs. Hofstra, Barclays Center, New York City
  • December 17: Kentucky vs. North Carolina, T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas
  • December 21: Kentucky vs. Louisville, Yum! Center, Louisville
  • January 28: Kentucky vs. Kansas, Rupp Arena, Lexington

fowler-second

Guys who are 41 and up don't win majors very often.

It's okay, man. It's not even an opinion. Just a fact. We can be on the same side of this argument.

Golfers like Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods don't come along very often, which is why I made the bet.

Comparing them to whoever you are comparing them to, with them pretty much being in the first 'era' of older people competing regularly, is stupid and irrelevant - as we saw yesterday with a 40 & 46 year old beating the field by 11-12 shots.

Thank God Henson hasn't turned 41 yet he would have choked lol.

Golfers like Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods don't come along very often, which is why I made the bet.

Comparing them to whoever you are comparing them to, with them pretty much being in the first 'era' of older people competing regularly, is stupid and irrelevant - as we saw yesterday with a 40 & 46 year old beating the field by 11-12 shots.

Thank God Henson hasn't turned 41 yet he would have choked lol.
Average age of the top 4 at the British was 42.25 years old. 40,46,49,34

People with Iphone/Galaxy 6s and above do not win majors very often. Look it up, only happened a few times over 100+ years.

^ pretty much what PTI(pti) is saying, imo. Times have changed, COMPLETELY -- as we are seeing over and over and over and over.

In 2009 (or 11), 40 was PTI's magic age, he wore it TF out. Now, it's 41. Soon it will be 44. I'm noticing a trend.

Can Froome be beaten?

I won't go through all the contenders to clog up GYERO, but I'll hit a few big names here.

When will Quintana make his move? Can he make a move that Team Sky & Froome can't match? He's 2'59" behind.

Mollema was obviously not happy about the jury decision about what to do with the Froome/motorbike accident. Does he have what it takes to make up time? (1'47")

Since I'm from the US :) I wonder about Tejay Van Garderen. Does he even have what it takes? He dropped like a fly near the end of Stage 15. Is this a sign of what's to come? Also on BMC, Richie Porte. Is he strong enough to make a shot at winning or does he serve solely at keep Tejay in the game? Tejay is 4'47" behind and Richie 4'27".

Adam Yates, really exciting young rider and will likely win the Young Rider Classification (white jersey). I would be excited to see him to podium or even win it all. He's 2'45" behind.

Reactions: cawoodsct
Anyone going to the Bahamas this year?
  • October 14: Big Blue Madness, Rupp Arena, Lexington
  • October 21: Blue White Game, Rupp Arena, Lexington
  • October 30: Clarion, Rupp Arena, Lexington (Exhibition)
  • November 6: Asbury, Rupp Arena, Lexington (Exhibition)
  • November 11: Stephen F. Austin, Rupp Arena, Lexington
  • November 13: Canisius, Rupp Arena, Lexington
  • November 15: Michigan State, Madison Square Garden, New York
  • November 20: Duquesne, Rupp Arena, Lexington
  • November 23: Cleveland State, Rupp Arena, Lexington
  • November 25: UT-Martin, Rupp Arena, Lexington
  • November 28: Kentucky vs. Arizona State, Atlantis, Bahamas
  • December 3: Kentucky vs. UCLA, Rupp Arena, Lexington
  • December 11: Kentucky vs. Hofstra, Barclays Center, New York City
  • December 17: Kentucky vs. North Carolina, T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas
  • December 21: Kentucky vs. Louisville, Yum! Center, Louisville
  • January 28: Kentucky vs. Kansas, Rupp Arena, Lexington

That's a long break between Dec 21st and likely Jan 3rd for start of SEC though. [sick]

Todd I know you were at the Bojangles last night because I saw your super sweaty back as you were waiting for food. I also saw you drop your wallet over the half wall divider and then exclaim "oops dropped my wallet" in case anybody saw you and wondered what you were doing - I did. Thanks for the explanation.

I was sitting in the VIP high tops by he window, staring angrily at any and everything near the line where they deliver the food was - over by the Pepsi machine with that stupid cherry drink that was awful. Must have waited 30 min for food. I eventually accused them of forgetting my order which did not set well with the manager lady with the buzzcut, but the little Mexican helper girl was sweet about it and gave me an extra bo-berry biscuit. It sucked, though. "It's not that we forgot your order, it's that we're out of chicken". I held my tongue. I was a broken and hungry man at that point.

Hope your chicken experience was much better than mine.

Glad to see CFA dump the biscuit. It was a shallow attempt to be more like the traditional chicken and biscuits places, and it was poorly executed. They have shuberts for crying out loud. A half ass frozen biscuit never really fit in their menu, tbh.

* I neglected to mention the fact that I ordered the chicken supremes because I don't want to be ridiculed for ordering tenders...but these are the supreme tenders, tbh, and they are so good that Bo couldn't keep them in stock. If I would have just got a standard 8pc box of chicken I think my experience would have been pretty good, but right now I'm still just a little hurt about the whole deal.

Reactions: KingLlama
No, their chick minis are neglected. Few years ago they were *always* fresh. Now, they're reheated or something. They lack the browning on top, and the honey is not as noticeable.

a 2 week break from 12/21/16 to 1/3/17 really leaves the UK calendar open for #StoopsTroops to slip in with no possible conflicts any number of bowl possibilities tho
:cool:

Reactions: Wodie Sloot
No, they're an entree. I could show you a few things about CFA, tbh. Hating minis is what they want you think because it's a high cost item for them. Other than the sandwich, with no cheese, it is the premier item of CFA and the reason their breakfast exists.

[laughing] at Mashburned.

You should have said something. Or at least pulled out your wallet to ID yourself by showing your GYERO rolleyes sticker.

I had just come from mowing my parents' yard in that stupid heat. Probably should've gone home to freshen up first, but the rest of the family was at home anxiously awaiting some chicken goodness.That meal lived up to the hype. Was basically a hero for enduring the wait to bring it home.

And yeah, I did announce my wallet drop. But that was only to keep my rambunctious 7-year-old from saying "DADDY WHY ARE YOU CRAWLING UNDER THAT TABLE??" about five times on a loop.

Say something next time.

Reactions: Mashburned
The chicken biscuit made it's debut in 1986 at the opening of their FIRST stand alone restaurant.

The chicken minis were launched 18 years later, in 2004.

Anything else you need from Poultry God?

The chicken itself is brilliant in the chicken biscuit, HOWEVER its brilliance doesn't completely overcome the mediocrity of the Chick-fil-A biscuit. Compared to other fast food biscuits- McD's, Hardees, KFC, etc.- it just does not pass the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT