ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- I hate this "waiting a week" shit with "The Night Of." I want to watch them all now.

- "Ballers" is still terrible. Athlete/celeb cameos are still terrible 99% of the time.

- I'll take LSU to win the SEC this year.

- Thank God my schedule is packed from now until Labor Day weekend- hopefully that will make these two shit months go faster.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
On the bet if it is 2.5, which seems like a 100% lock now, i think Phil and Tiger both win one.

Tiger's next outing is going to be scary to watch. If he were to come out with the yips and embarrass himself, i could see him saying forget it and retire, i really could, but that would be a pussy way out. What he should do is just admit it, say you are going to see some bad golf from him and play his way out of it. Many greats of the past have had the yips, don't be too proud to admit it.

Amazon Echo is going to look like a f-ing Treo (or Amazon Fire Phone) when HomeKit finally comes out swinging.
HomeKit may ultimately be a better product, but the Echo has been a nice little device for me (that's completely unnecessary, obviously). I can control our front porch lights from echo or my phone- which is nice when we are out of town or out late, and we have a few small appliances that I control through Echo and Tp-link outlets. The bluetooth speaker isnt the greatest but it is fine for what I use it for.

There are a few cute little apps you can enable that are interesting. Yesterday I set the PGA app to announce JB Holmes progress hole by hole, since most of his round wasnt televised. Kind of cool.

But like i said, The whole concept of the entire "smart home" is kind of unnecessary- but it's interesting to tinker with. I mean programmable lights have been around for awhile, and most newer thermostats can be programmed to run on a schedule too.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
-I caught a little bit of it. Meh, I don't think I'm going to pick up any shows. Probably cont watching Ballers for the occasional boob shot.

-Mr Robot coming out of the gates weird. It's on the clock.

Per Drew, #12 is going to be a Par 3 this year, with the Gold tees off of the Par 4 ladies teebox -- ugh, that's going to be a brutal hole. Apparently the idea is to speed up play, but that makes little-to-no sense, as that will instantly become probably the toughest Par 3 on the course, which at MCC, is saying a lot. I've played all over, and don't know of any course around here that has a more difficult collection of Par 3s.

[banana]

Fine by me on that hole. I get in trouble about 85% of the time off the tee.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Mr. Robot was a struggle for me as season 1 progressed. I plan to watch Season 2, or try -- but don't quite understand the sentiment that it was the best, or one of the best shows on TV.

Same with me. I kind of lost interest down the stretch.

HAMBURG SNACKDOWN:

- j/k

I don't have a clue what the details of this bet are, and for an outsider, it's better that way. I'm pulling for PTI because it makes for hilarious GYERO . . . especially since one of the original bettors seemingly doesn't even know what the final bet is. If Phil couldn't win that one, it's going to be tough for the over.

Nah. BBdK has never been more confident. Easy win for him. Especially with Tiger not even playing, and Phil turning 47 next year. They'll probably win a few more apiece.

A few rules:

-In sports always go pro sooner than later.
-Always take the under on # golf majors.

^Now, PTI acting all certain that those two are washed up is nauseating and I really hope we at least see something out of Tiger again.

-Also, suck on my balls, I was right, you were wrong. Lol.

PTI (pti) will lose the bet but for the enjoyment and smiles he gets out of this while it drags out, will be worth his eventual pay pal payment.

Reactions: _Chase_
Zero chance in hell I wouldn't pay out on this bet. (1) Only little bitched don't pay when they lose (2) Can you imagine how much shit you would take on gyero for not paying it out?

PTI may win the bet (he won't), but if he does, unless Phil and Tiger both retire or die, he's going to be waiting many more years.

Tom Watson should've won the British at 59.

That's the problem with this bet. There's no end. 20 years from now, when Phil is just the ceremonial starter at Augusta, and Tiger has an artificial leg and is 18 years into retirement, you clowns still won't admit defeat.

By the way, Tom Watson did NOT win the Open at 59. I just looked it up.

^ that's a national outrage. Fire up the petitions.

The key to winning majors, for the greats (which Tiger/Phil both are), is putting yourself into contention as many times as possible.

As Phil proved yesterday, he's not even CLOSE to being done having opportunities. It was arguably the best golf he's ever played, tbh. Tiger, we'll see -- but I just can't make myself believe he's truly done.

-Phil's swing is meant to last -- people could learn a lot from that. Tiger's violent swing is the complete opposite. DJ will play & contend for a long ass time for the same reasons Phil is.

Great time down at Forecastle this weekend. Top 5 bands I saw, in no particular order.

Moon Taxi
Unknown Mortal Orchestra
All Them Witches
Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
Ghostland Obervatory

HM to Madisen Ward & The Momma Bear, he rocked out pretty hard despite the weather.

Can't wait til next year.

Reactions: anon_aawvduncd4ay0
You're too old to win ever again. As evidence, I cite the fact that you did not win the last time you played. The fact that you shot 63, and 65 on Sunday, and were involved in one of the most incredible golfing duels of all-time does not matter even the slightest. Finished -17, 11 shots better than 3rd place at The Open = pack your shit up and head to the retirement home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT