ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Got a speeding ticket today in New Jersey. On my freaking bike. 35 in a 25. WTF? Dude had the speed gun out and everything, showed me my speed. Fortunately first citation = no fine. But seriously, WTF? Cop was cool about it, managed not to shoot and kill me. Said something about an idiot crashing on that road and trying to sue the Parks Department, cause there were rocks on the road. Ridiculous. As is the response being to start ticketing bikers for speeding.

-Watched the Ben Stiller/Adam Driver flick "While We're Young" last night. If you want a vehicle to ramp up your hate of hipsters in general and Adam Driver specifically while being mildly entertained but mostly bored for 90 minutes - then this is the movie for you. Can't rec it enough if those are your requirements.

-Love the Echo so far, but I imagine 95% of my use will just be playing music.

Industry thoughts are that the Echo will become the IoT hub for the home given that it's voice driven. Something will have to in order to tie everything together.

-The Google Home will be another option. Considering it's Google, it SHOULD be better at answering questions and all that, but Echo definitely has a head start.

-Finally went through that entire 2011 thread. You all may have changed the bet later - not sure why pti would have done so but whatever - but the original bet from that thread was O/U 3.5, not 2.5. And bddk most definitely took the bet and said it would be done in 5 years. Only saw 73 saying he wanted the 2.5.

Again, you all may have changed it to 2.5 later - but it was, at least at first, 3.5.

I thought it was over 2 but I knew it wasn't in 2009. Thankfully PTI disagreed and came out looking like a complete buffoon. Nothing in life I enjoy more than making him look like an idiot.

Speeding ticket on a bike, lol. Running red lights should be enforced more but speeding is dumb.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Amazon Echo is going to look like a f-ing Treo (or Amazon Fire Phone) when HomeKit finally comes out swinging.

Depends on how open Apple is. With Google / Nest pushing Thread and already partnering with many, including Amazon Echo, Apple is going to have to be open and integrate easily with others. Google has been smart in that they've leveraged Nest to lead the way. HomeKit is going to have play nicely with Echo and others to dominate the space.

I thought it was over 2 but I knew it wasn't in 2009. Thankfully PTI disagreed and came out looking like a complete buffoon. Nothing in life I enjoy more than making him look like an idiot.

Speeding ticket on a bike, lol. Running red lights should be enforced more but speeding is dumb.
My cycling goal is to get a speeding ticket. So Jealous.

My one prime day purchase was the Globowl. I love it.

Hate turning on lights when going to take a whiz at night. Motion activated, no more missing the toilet for this guy.

What will they think of next...

Official & final Bet was 2.5. Per the 3 people involved who have discussed/posted/emailed/texted about it 740 times since it was made. Christ.

...Chase wasn't even involved in that 2011 convo that was linked, nor was anything ever confirmed/settled, which obviously came later since Chase & I have been the two in the bet from Day 1.

Any/all other lurkers/outsiders feel free to post what you "think" the bet was though, by all means.

-Still can't get over that Final Round. I'm sure '73 remembers tons of other occasions where final group both played flawless & record-setting golf, but I sure as hell don't.

-Sober weekend, 18 holes, Grilling, New Driver/Range, Gym, DVR. Solid.

-Ulis out there running that Summer Squad like a vet, which is the least surprising thing ever.

-3 weeks til Eli, which is always the first full weekend in August. Seems like the latest it's ever fallen on the calendar.

Per Drew, #12 is going to be a Par 3 this year, with the Gold tees off of the Par 4 ladies teebox -- ugh, that's going to be a brutal hole. Apparently the idea is to speed up play, but that makes little-to-no sense, as that will instantly become probably the toughest Par 3 on the course, which at MCC, is saying a lot. I've played all over, and don't know of any course around here that has a more difficult collection of Par 3s.

-One more week closer to Fall. [cheers]

Apparently -- believe Killa is trying to talk them out of it. Will be a Par 70, rather than the usual 71.

Don't like it. 12 is a short, but really good little hole, imo.

...if any of you are still seriously considering it, get your entries in. Filling up quickly, and will be a full field. Assumed everyone was using their new kids as excuses to not be able to play golf for 2 days. Good thing nobody else uses that excuse, or the tournament would be cancelled forever. :cry:

Reactions: TheShowKiller
Great weekend, was surreal finally getting back out on the boat. Must admit, they did a pretty good job on it. Most people thought it looked better now than when I bought it.

New stereo system was bumping. JL audio is the only choice for marine sound.

Water was damn near perfect. Started remembering why I liked boats. Looking forward to a special out of town guest the weekend. *cough*

There is still plenty of summer left. [banana]

So 2 Par 3s over water??? And you miss left or deep on that hole, you're screwed. Can't miss short and right. Geez. That's basically an island green.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Depends on how open Apple is. With Google / Nest pushing Thread and already partnering with many, including Amazon Echo, Apple is going to have to be open and integrate easily with others. Google has been smart in that they've leveraged Nest to lead the way. HomeKit is going to have play nicely with Echo and others to dominate the space.
No. It will depend on how good Siri's AI can be. Google will have better AI, and Alexa has better recognition since it is looking for more specific speech patterns for commands.

Apple will not be as open and will leave the bottom of the market to Android tinkerers while grabbing the larger margins at the top of the market.

-Would that even speed anything up? Seems like that is where everything log jams anyway.

-Steven, you outta come down and ride sometime.

-Much needed weekend around the house with little to do. Ended up working most of the weekend. Got a couple good rides in.

-Really didn't see much of the British, which is typical, and unfortunate. Pretty much why it still ranks 3rd for me.

-You winterballs are going to hate the next week. Going to be hot, even for me.

6a00d83452060169e201a3fd17bc7f970b-800wi

^ yep.

Memommie threw Jerry's informational index card away, fwiw. He's basically dead to her, hasn't asked me about him for updates for years now, but she still does everyone else. :100points:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT