ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately at UK, I think people like Vaught glam onto parents, so they end up speaking to the media more than we would prefer. But Patrick has been gone 6 years now, so unless she had something really insightful, I'm not sure why they were even interviewing her.

-Lex is a great town for a family. Love it but it does have drawbacks. I'm very happy there.

-Peter Sagan is such a badass. The tour this year has been super entertaining. My boy Quintana is starting to really annoy me. Won't attack. Grow a set.

-Burger week is a great idea but honestly 95% of them sound horrible. I'm a beef+bacon+cheese guy. Specialty gourmet burgers typically suck.

10458035_G.jpg

Until you can order the burgers takeout burger week is pointless to me. Might go to JDI or Smithtown and try it out this weekend but I'm going to any of these places on my lunch break.

I'm out of town this year, but I thought Burger Week was pretty solid last year. They post all of the burgers, so you know which ones to avoid and it's certainly not like I went everyday but it was nice to grab something different for lunch once and something different for dinner once.

I've invested all my $$$ in my local gentrified neighborhood's new macaron shop.

No gentrified neighborhood has made it until they have a LGBT themed ice cream truck and shop, imo.

Bea Arthur, Mermaid, and Salty Pimps sundaes ftw, imo.

Eagerly anticipating Richie's review of J-Dub's new restaurant, 'SET', after his lassie makes him go there.

The idea for SET came from restaurants Stallings and Wagner have visited in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.

For example, STK, a steakhouse in Las Vegas, has a live deejay. SET will have a live deejay playing in a booth in the small lounge area during dinner. And the idea for the unique serving platters such as a Louisville Slugger baseball bat slider plate (shown in the photos above) came from Los Angeles restaurant
Barton G, which is known for its over-the-top and fun presentation. Barton G’s macaroni and cheese, for instance, is served on a giant mouse trap.

http://insiderlouisville.com/uncategorized/set-theatre-square/

Reactions: Mashburned
Can't imagine wanting to eat anything named after Bea Arthur...that's just disgusting.

Eagerly anticipating Richie's review of J-Dub's new restaurant, 'SET', after his lassie makes him go there.

The idea for SET came from restaurants Stallings and Wagner have visited in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.

For example, STK, a steakhouse in Las Vegas, has a live deejay. SET will have a live deejay playing in a booth in the small lounge area during dinner. And the idea for the unique serving platters such as a Louisville Slugger baseball bat slider plate (shown in the photos above) came from Los Angeles restaurant
Barton G, which is known for its over-the-top and fun presentation. Barton G’s macaroni and cheese, for instance, is served on a giant mouse trap.

http://insiderlouisville.com/uncategorized/set-theatre-square/

:confused:

Lotta rumblings of the Ludlow area turning hip.

If they come for the yacht club, there will be blood. Probably.

Certainly starting to notice a disconnect with the younger generations and i think im a reasonable minded man. This is the first year i have noticed this.

*(do not quote reasonable minded man and put false underneath it, thanks!)*

Imagine trying to order something simple off the menu like mini cheeseburgers and having this brought out to you [laughing]

SET-at-Theatre-Sq-7.jpg

American Globs > Salty Pimp, although both are awesome.

Line was a block long when we walked by, missed out this time. :(
Back in their salad days, when it was just Doug and Bryan in the truck, they used to stop by a gay bar on my block. (I realized it was a gay bar after doing the big gay ice cream truck math after the fact).

I had it three times by myself, while my wife was off doing something else. She was pretty confused upon my explanation of the sundae remnants on the counter, "Where did you get ice cream?" - "Um, excuse me, that's not just ice cream. It's queer ice cream. These awesome gay dudes in a rainbow truck came by and made it right outside. You just missed them!" (x3).

I'm a "Mermaid" man and my wife is "Salty Pimp" gal. It cracked them up.

Imagine trying to order something simple off the menu like mini cheeseburgers and having this brought out to you [laughing]

SET-at-Theatre-Sq-7.jpg

Maybe the trendy kids at Whogivesafuk Tech Middle School don't appreciate the fact that their plate looks like a baseball bat, but some of us cool grown up kids here at GYERO enjoy a good presentation.

For example, serve me an ice cream sundae in a Darth Vader helmet and I might need some of those pants mentioned on a previous page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT