ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vet move is to tell them you are interested in joining, and would like to try out the course. Then you get a free round.

Your welcome.

Why was Booker even playing in these games for the Suns? He was toying with people out there.

I assume just to help out his buddy Tyler.

World's most boring elite professional athlete called it a career today.

I'm married with 2 kids and live in rural, South Central KY. I'm sorry my current travels don't permit me to experience such exotic, spiritual destinations like the colon of the Mississippi River. Perhaps if I was a nearly 40 bachelor?

By the way, I'm not looking forward to this. . . at all. I know what the consensus is around here is about Hamburg. I know what's there. Our training is at Bryan Station High and we're staying at the Hyatt Place. So yeah, this isn't exactly the Vacay this married dad was looking for.

Can't speak about Bryan Station high, and sitting in class all day blows, but there are worse places to be... At least you can stagger home from Harry's.

If you're staying in any part of Lexington sans wife and kids, the plan is simple. Take an Uber to Cowboys and stay until you only have return fare and ten extra dollars in your pocket. Then have the driver take you through Indi's drive-thru on the way back.

Rinse and repeat.

Had a weekend for sure.

- Friday night my daughter had a sleepover with 9 of her friends. Mom did a good job taking them to the pool for dinner and wearing them out. Home for snacks, movie ("Star Wars: The Force Awakens", MaxPowerrrette's choice) and tomfoolery. Dad and son stayed tf away upstairs like the Frank family.

- Saturday had a family funeral. Tough day, even tougher watching my kids deal with it. One of the down sides to parenting I guess. That night though we dropped them off with some other kids and went boating with some friends. LBYC hit the spot, per usual.

- Sunday did some yard work, watched my son run around the yard trying to find Pokemons with my phone, then go across the street and shoot some neighbor kids with Nerf guns. I'm up to 3 Pokemons btw. Come at me.

- Not ready for summer to wind down, mainly because now we have to start packing up our hosue to move. If I can pass on any advice to GYERO parents- once you have kids, DON'T MOVE. Seriously. This is gonna suck. Although I can already tell I'm gonna get to dump about 13 years worth of "I told you so" on my wife when she has to start packing up all the damn wedding "centerpieces" we've hauled home from receptions over the years and packed away, never to be seen again, despite by loud protests. HAVE FUN PACKING THEM THEY WERE GREAT KEEPSAKES YOU NAILED THAT ONE.

- Minor League Soccer this coming weekend with the UCLs tho.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
Rio and the dropouts are going to get golf removed from future Olympics.

It shouldnt be in the Olympics anyway. The Summer Olympics should be all the track and field crap, swimming, gymnastics, boxing, greco-roman wrestling and they should invent a summer themed luge. Nothing more, and it should take no more than 4 days.

I get grumpy when I have to go to Hamburg for anything. Loathe it over there.

Nicholasville Road traffic sucks, obviously, but I live so close I can get to everything via backroads when it's busy, so it never bothers me at all.

Several GYERO'ers and I live in the most underrated neighborhood in town. Nice, quiet, lots of character, great school district, convenient to everything, and lacks the pretentiousness of Montclair.

Reactions: Century Cat
Golf is a cold and unforgiving bitch.

anna-nordqvist-grounds-club-during-us-open.gif

As long as your inside the circle Tates Creek rush hour traffic is worse than Nicholasville. It only takes me about 15 minutes to get home when I go down Nicholasville Rd and cut through behind the arboretum compared to 30 trying to get down Tates Creek.

During 99% of the history of golf, that is not a penalty and it certainly doesn't violate the spirit of the rule.

It's a good rule and no one should ever be that close to the sand. Hard to feel sorry for her.

Agree. I mean, you learn that w/ your first set of cut-off clubs.

You can't touch the sand (or the ground in a hazard), period. DON'T GROUND YOUR CLUB. It doesn't get much clearer than that. Letting your club get .0000001 millimeters from the sand in a nervous (or any) situation is just dumb.

If you watch the hosel, she actually grounded it TWICE -- no pity here, that's just stupid.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
I accidentally left my driver in Louisville and *had* to play with my 3 wood the entire round at Charleston National. Suffice it to say, I probably won't be needing a driver ever again, and I apologize to anyone that I have ever played a round with while using one previously.

Was basically a different game for Dad. Never OB. Had a shot at par/bogey after my drive nearly every hole. I mean, I am idiot.

Last actual non-scramble I played last year I used my 5 wood for most "drives". Even used it to chip at the par 3s.

More enjoyable when you're not holding the rest of the group up trying to find your damn ball.

I might give these geek soccer teams a little more credit if they didn't do shit like adding FC on the name. We don't call it football here, you wannabes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT