ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekend randoms:

El Rancho Tapatio with the nice expansion. Worship that ceviche. Caught the new X-men movie, was actually better than expected. Olivia Munn [smoke]

Hit up Willie's Locally Known Saturday night. Pretty cool little set up. Thought the food was decent but nothing special. Went with the brisket, was sliced way too thin to be taken seriously, really almost chopped...good flavor though.

Headed over to Marikka's for the first time in forever. Damn, that place is huge now.

Caught up on the final installments of Hell on Wheels, great show.

Gonna take a little roadie to Chicago my next week off. Was able to book two round trip tickets and the hotel with all credit card points on cards that I'm ready to cull. Just a nice feeling wrapping that up in time before the annual fee, and saved almost 2K out of my pocket. Gonna catch a Cubs game and probably see Book of Mormon.

Gotta be at a Professional Development meeting in Lexington from Tuesday through Friday. In a classroom from 8-4 every day. I'll be the oldest non-trainer there so I'm not sure how to feel about this.

So, is there in anything to do in the early evenings around the Hamburg area (/noboattub)?

-Solid weekend but that's 2 in row with no down time.

-Friday night up all night messing with a few pork shoulders. Kept having dreams the grill went out and I ruined the meat. Woke up like 3 times to go look and countless others checking my phone for the time.

-G's Bday party on Saturday. He had a blast. Guess I'm jut going to be dealing with several large obnoxious toys all over the house while he enjoys a box or paper bag more than any of them.

-Sunday 2.5 hour drive each way to my Step Grandmothers wake(no condolences needed) in Hardinsburg. 1.5 hours of 2 lane rd driving. Made me realize, I could not live in the country. Lex is small enough as it is.

-Hoping this weekend is much more relaxed.

-Haven't seen anything about Pokemon on my FB wall. Learn friends.

-Joshie, can I get a report on Pasta Garage?

-Drake's Friday. That place kills it but the food is really just above Applebee's. You can kind of navigate the menu I guess and the setup is really good.

-What a damn summer weather weekend, after you noobs were moaning about fall/winter. Gorgeous. Gon' get some rain later this week so enjoy today. Weekend should be solid again.

-Really wish I was doing Eli this year, need to get that back on the schedule for next summer.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
The only "big" toys that kids use a ton are XBox/PS consoles and bikes/scooters. The rest is all just a waste. Might throw a basketball goal in there as well.

Wait until you spend thousands on Legos that they'll build once and then put on a shelf, never to be played with again.

Wife nixed it, as we had made pasta the night before. We'll try to get over there before next week and let you know.

We ended up doing Palmer's instead. Had a nice Flounder w/ Imperial crab sauce and sauteed spinach. Was pleasantly surprised with how good my meal was.

Speaking of Pasta Garage, they're giving out $5 coupons here.

Anyone been to the new burger place at Lexington Green yet? Seems like the new Lakeside Live down there is the perfect setup to grab some drinks and listen to music.

We went to Lakeside live weekend before last when Halfway to Hazard played. Place was packed, parking was terrible (glad we uber). Saw the burger place, looked pretty good from what I saw.

Palmer's was surprisingly good. Just shared the street tacos and the shrimp lettuce wraps.

- Pretty chill weekend. Lass was at another out of town bachelorette party so I rolled out mom and dad's to play some euchre, catch a buzz and watch the pups run around.

- I hate the new Facebook feed. See the same damn posts from the same exact people 100x.

- "The Night Of" was terrific and exactly the kind of summer TV I need right now. I like that it's one season, 8 episodes, so you can see the story arch.

- I have no clue what Pokemon is. No idea.

- Beautiful weekend weatherwise. Wish that was the norm in July/August.

- Free Guided By Voices concert on Fountain Square this Friday night. I'll be there.

- College football podcasts on fleek for the next two months.

- Declan McKenna "Brazil"- great song.

- Peach Jam finals thoughts:

* Young would be an excellent college PG...and because of his size and athletic limitations, will be in college multiple years. Has a great feel for the game and has stupid range on his shot. Very impressive.

* But not as impressive as Michael Porter Jr. Sucks we won't be able to ever watch him play in the NCAA Tournament. He is an absolute stud.

* Quade Green showed me nothing. The fact he's the #3 PG in the class says a lot.

* You can see it with Bamba. Has a little Mutombo in him. Moves well for a big. Ridiculous length and he's not a beanpole either. Also has a good touch- his FT stroke looked great. With some coaching, he'll be outstanding.

* Young would be an excellent college PG...and because of his size and athletic limitations, will be in college multiple years..

I'm not saying he won't but Tyus Jones had a similar skill set and he was drafted in 1st round after one year in college. Throw in Young's extree deep range and that makes him even more attractive, IMO.

I'm not saying he won't but Tyus Jones had a similar skill set and he was drafted in 1st round after one year in college. Throw in Young's extree deep range and that makes him even more attractive, IMO.
If he comes here it is a strong bet he leaves after 1 year.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
:joy:... yeah we don't have UKADept members dragging homeless people in the building to inflate the weather averages. These are actual observations. Can't help that you're a simple minded dolt that only associates season with the extremes. OMG!! July is 95 + 90% humidity all the time when it's not raining.

85/66 + 72% humidity, does rain a bit this month
^If you can't handle that, move north.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
I can handle it fine, just like any other season. I love the seasons.

LOL at the guy who bitches about the weather the 341 days of the year it isn't OMG PERFECT telling someone to move. [laughing]

God, I can't WAIT til Fall/Winter. [banana]

Reactions: wcc31
We went to Lakeside live weekend before last when Halfway to Hazard played. Place was packed, parking was terrible (glad we uber). Saw the burger place, looked pretty good from what I saw.

Palmer's was surprisingly good. Just shared the street tacos and the shrimp lettuce wraps.

Park up top and go thru J-Beth. Easier to get out when you leave.

Palmer's is excellent. Their gnocchi (made by Lex Pasta Co.) is wonderful.

Tomorrow's Tuesday, so me either. 2nd best day of the week.

-Have sampled several things from Lexington Pasta Co at the St. Matthew's farmers market, including their gnocchi - good stuff.

-Congrats to my friend Jerry for quitting drinking, forever, and fully committing to a lifetime of sobriety. Proud of him. I'm not doing that, ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: anthonys735
What exactly do some of you people do on a daily basis such that your enjoyment is impeded by excessive temperatures?

Okay, you golf every so often. And....?

Do you work all day out in the fields?
Are you a farmer whose crop needs an abundant rain supply?
Are you training for the Olympics?
Do you have a sun allergy?

[eyeroll][eyeroll][eyeroll]

VACA RANDOMS

-Charleston for the 4th is always a treat. Nice to spend the holiday in a place that was so integral to the country's founding and within sight of places like Fort Moultrie and Fort Sumter. Always try to read a little of the history while down there.

-Shrimp and grits. Shrimp etouffee. Peel & eat. Pretty much got iodine poid'n.

-Little lady absolutely loved the beach and ocean, but tide pools FTW. Best part of the trip was watching her enjoy it all. Not even close. Made me realize how much more there is for her to experience... can not wait to take her more places now that she's somewhat old enough to get it.

-Been a craftie naysayer but made an effort down there to enjoy some local stuff. Pretty much crushed Palmetto Brewing all week. Island Wit and Pilsner are incredible. Even hit their brewery one night. Pretty good little outfit.

-Tried Feathertop and Little Jack's for dinner. Both new. Feathertop was okay, but Little Jack's was solid. The owner is from Henderson apparently. Place is almost a carbon copy of Jack Fry's, complete with The Pendennis Club and another cocktail named after the Hot Brown.

-Poe's Tavern never disappoints. Tell Tale FTW.

-My UK Football light is a'flickering. Not regretting cancelling my season tickets, but told my wife driving through Lexington last night that I was *almost* ready to get back into Commonwealth. It's whatever, I guess. I like JoJo Kemp.

-Excited to be back at the office. Amazing what a week away can do. I was struggling before the trip.

-Little bro's lake bachelor party coming up next.

-With a tan, my blue eyes >> Adrian's. Not sure it's even close.

-Enjoyed some Blade & Bow 22 year down there. Eek.

Last edited:
Gotta be at a Professional Development meeting in Lexington from Tuesday through Friday. In a classroom from 8-4 every day. I'll be the oldest non-trainer there so I'm not sure how to feel about this.

So, is there in anything to do in the early evenings around the Hamburg area (/noboattub)?

Besides eat / drink not a whole lot. The area is too bloated with chains. There's Brighton Trail if you want to get out and walk/ run. If you have your sticks with you, you can go over to Lakeside and try to get 9. I'm not sure if you can play at Andover without a membership but it would be closer. If you're looking for bars / pubs with music, slide over to Richmond Road or if your training is downtown, hang down there afterwards.

* Boat and Brady, please don't call Adrian Deep Dish again. That is mine. Your lawyers have been notified. TIA.

* Great weekend for this guy. Typical family stuff, but the weather helped make it great.

* Added some hyacinths and a water mint plant to the GYERO pond. It is looking spectacular. Deer hit it again last week so I have set up a perimeter of deer and rabbit repellant.

* There is a fawn with a severe limp that I have seen twice now. I thought it was a goner the first time I saw it, but last night it was with its Momma and had learned to move quickly despite whatever its ailment is. That post was for Sloot.

* I'm in my best exercise groove I've been in in a few years. Feels good. Might get down to a size 40 soon, BBdK!

* I guess I should water my grass. Getting awfully crispy in spots. Mowed yesterday and half the yard probably didn't need it.

* I did water part of the yard yesterday by inflating our H2O Go! Boogie pool/slide. It's a lot of work inflating and filling that thing just to have to empty it and deflate it at the end of the day. Kids did play in it all day.

I know someone who had to go buy a new one when a 245 lb bald man jumped down the waterslide about a dozen times resulting in a small leak the last time they used it. Rumor is he had fun, tho. Best $40 ever spent outside of Cowboys.

* Happy for the Harrison boys. People around here seem to forget they were the starting backcourt on back-to-back Final Four teams.

* The DJ from my wedding/gym teacher at my kids' school's ex wife's grandson (get that?) is receiving some interest from Calipari & crew. He currently has offers from Florida and Ohio State. Darius Bazley. 6'7 4* SF from Finneytown, OH. Class of 2018.

Last edited:
-Little lady absolutely loved the beach and ocean, but tide pools FTW. Best part of the trip was watching her enjoy it all. Not even close. Made me realize how much more there is for her to experience... can not wait to take her more places now that she's somewhat old enough to get it.

Nice. Rumblings of a crew family vacation next year. Hoping that is the location.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT