ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think a back-to-the-basket scorer is necessary as long as you have guys who can get-to and score at the rim. All 3 of our guards and Bam can do that. Last year, we only had Briscoe.
Boldfaced for emphasis. Even some of our good teams recently have been some of the layup-missingest teams ever fielded by men.

But then there's this, and hopefully the embed code works.

Guards who can finish and absorb contact can get you to heaven. If our guys can come within a few percentage points on their layups to the 2012 team - IMO the best finishing team at UK ever - we'll be quite alright.

CmEBMVTWMAAX3cS.jpg

Really- who did '96 have that was a true back-to-the-basket post? Walker was crafty and did work on the offensive glass. Pope and McCarty were both more comfortable facing the basket.

Having a guy like that is a bonus, but as long as you can hit the glass, play above the rim and have guys who can attack off the bounce, you're fine.

What I'm saying is- this team is just as talented as our '96 squad and won't lose more than two games.

Still time for some of you stragglers to wish me a happy birthday on Facebook. Not going to name names, but I have noticed a few of you are still absent from my timeline. Not a good look, imo.

Jim Rome's show is actually only 20 minutes on podcast. They cut out the 2:40 of commercials, may give it a look now.

A true clone would know that the best part of the show is the first 15-30 minutes.

..and that's the part I catch nearly every day, and have for 15 years.

His Year in Review, now THAT is a podcast worth devoting some time to. Smackoff Friday btw, he said "there are no layups" this year. Gonna be arguably the best and most intense sporting event of the year based on what he's been saying this week. I'm kinda nervous, don't even know who I'm rooting for.

SEC Average/Median Loss Margin

2013 (SOS 20th):

8 losses
  • 21.1 average
  • 16.5 median
**Contract Extension**

2014 (SOS 36th):

6 losses
  • 24.0 average
  • 26.0 median
**Contract Extension**

2015 (SOS 65th):

6 losses
  • 13.8 average
  • 10.5 median
2016 (SOS projected 51st):

635845711076688305-AP-277303089641.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneDougan
Taking notes, screen shots if you will, of your sarcastic UK football posts. The list for future pumps is growing.

Oh, and Shitbag isn't old enough to be jaded by UK football...you should be in off season optimistic mode, you have to pay some dues before you can be pissy about the gridiron cayts in June. Some emotional scar tissue must be built up, you need a few years of paying for season tickets and wondering why or spending money you shouldn't traveling into town from 3 hours away to get your heart ripped out.

Yeah podcasts are stupid, but listening to a song you've heard 38x or more is AMAZING!

I get so tired of the same songs, plus I'm actually learning stuff depending on the podcast.

Learn learning @B.B.d.K. lil' Fizzletron or whoever you're listening to isn't teaching you anything.

I dont have the attention span for podcasts. I either forget they are on or focus on them without doing what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm a music guy.

UK FB will be much improved this year. People are selling Jokers suck short IMO.

Can't wait for this bball season, it's going to be an exciting year. I'm going to be nervous as shit when we meet duke in the final four though.

Work has been bonkers lately. Couple of potentially big deals on the horizon. Closed a couple of big deals in the last few weeks too.

Taco Tuesday, looking forward to gnoshung some guacamole and sipping a mojito.

I've been reading your all's surly football posts for 5 years now. GYERO has crushed any hope that has ever lingered in my soul for UK Football. Probably better to be like this now and spare myself inevitable years of disappointment.

I've been reading your all's surly football posts for 5 years now. GYERO has crushed any hope that has ever lingered in my soul for UK Football. Probably better to be like this now and spare myself inevitable years of disappointment.

In 2002, my girlfriend (whose parents lived on a lake next to LSU's campus in Baton Rouge, mind you) and I ran from the upper deck of Commonwealth to rush the field after Kentucky beat LSU... only to find people numbly walking like zombies out of the bowl telling us that we had lost on a miracle last second play.

Screw your internet angst, junior.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Shew, was a hot one out there today. Wish somebody would have told me.

Just because you guys are dead inside doesn't mean you shouldn't wish Chad a happy birthday. Smh.

Thanks to Huber on the Yeti hookup. Sure would hate to roll up with some ghetto ass cooler like a real simpleton.

The young guys think they know, but you need to have your hearts torn out a few more times before you really know. Don't worry, it's coming.

If it's any consolation, I'm still in the stands, pint of Evan William's tucked behind my shirt, hootin' and hollerin' for the Cats at every home game. I just enjoy ruffling everyone's UK football feathers.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT