Draft Props?

Skal O11.5, booked.

Only a few others available for me, for now. O/U

Hield 5.5
Poeltl 10.5
Sabonis 10.5
Malachi 16.5
Valentine 18.5

These things are so stupid. If Im GM of the T-Wolves, I give someone $10million and send him to Vegas and bet under on Buddy then draft him at 5.

-Team SAE all the way BTW

Definitely doesn't make sense from a Vegas standpoint, lots of people straight RAKED on the NFL draft. But maybe more didn't...likely. Vegas didn't become Vegas by being stupid.

They put out lines on the National Anthem for Super Bowl, etc, knowing numerous people have sat through and timed the 50+ rehearsals.

ACL had a Max bet on Jon Snow the other night, had to google -- assumed it was MMA or something.

Curious to see when the Props come off the board completely tonight...or if they will keep them going 'live' within a few picks. Definitely stalking Wojo at the moment looking for a cheat.

Money is coming in that Skal under, fwiw. Valentine has dropped a full slot to 17.5

Last edited:
If we're being honest with ourselves, SAE is vocalizing what we're all afraid of a little bit- turning into UNC under Dean Smith and doing less than more.

We've got a long way to go before we get there and I have no complaints... so far. But the insecurity is there.

Yep. This summarizes it for me. For 20+ years, my rebuttal to UNC fans (and I say "rebuttal", because I never start shit with them or anyone else) has been --- No program has ever done less with the talent that UNC has had over the decades.

It's the entire basis of the UNC Quiz - proven out by their (formerly) sizeable lead in number of McD's AAs and NBA players drafted, and their deficiency in corresponding titles.

My narrative always used to be that UNC prized the individual talent, players' pro success, rankings, "almosts" and fake titles above all else, but they were choke artists when it mattered. UK, on the other hand, didn't always bring in the top-to-bottom star-studded players, but through teamwork and clutch performances, has a history of coming together, gutting it out and bringing home titles under 3, 4, then 5 different coaches. UK is a program, not just a collection of talented players like UNC was. At least that's the argument I've had fun with for many years.

I'd prefer that we not fall into that framework. And we're not there yet, but it does kind of dilute my narrative.

Suffice to say, today's environment is far different because of the difficulty that the OAD culture creates for programs trying to have a semblance of continuity; and, there have been several years where Cal has overachieved and lost in the end. But it is a legitimate concern.

Once Cal gets a 2nd title the jokes are forever done/stale/over. Until then, with the talent he's assembled here and the high level of shit talking he does, its fair game, wrong or right.

Yep. And I agree, The Maestro can EAD. Nobody detests that program more than I do.

Let's just get 9 and then they can all EAD.

Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, Randle...that's a pretty exciting & young 1-4 out in LA to build around.

How much does Kobe retiring open up for a near-future FA or two to mold these dudes? BKH?

Big 'if' for none of the Top 8 to fall given the wide range of "Top 8" out there for each team, but that would be pretty dope for Skal:

Last edited:
If it helps UK basketball in any way, I like it. Right now we own the draft, so yeah, I care about what happens tonight. It's good for our brand.

Reactions: drxman1
SAE talking shit about Calipari is my hatboggan.
I love when SAE slams Calipari.
Keep up the I Hate John Calipari shtick SAE!
It's really funny when SAE hates Coach Cal.
I log in every day to read SAE criticize our terrible basketball coach.
I fully support SAE blasting Cal!
Quit being mean to SAE. Hating Coach Cal is hysterical.

[sick][sick][sick]

I mean, seriously what is up with all this male on male sucking action. First Rob, now Adrian...this a Louisville thing or what?

You can make fun of the greatest night in uk history statement all you want but he says that then breaks a 13 year final four drought, wins a national championship, goes on the wildest tourney run in program history, and came just short on making history. I think he put his money where his mouth is.

The draft isn't quite as fun without Stern.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
This may be the best Twitter night of the year, imo. Wojo, ftw.

Thon Maker looking like a 1st Rounder, despite being 2nd for months...so, there's that.

Ingram hit 80 3s last year (41%), compared to Redick's 95 (40%), as a freshman. Damn!

-Props went dead right after the Ingram selection, lol. Even Vegas knows the rest of the way is a crap shoot.

Last edited:
Not sure who put on Wilbon's makeup tonight but they got a little carried away and definitely didn't put it on evenly.

Is Jeff Goodman copying Wojo's info? Sure seems like it...each tweet pick has been seconds behind Woj.

Hoping for Murray at #5 for THE Randall! and our boy KAT :popcorn::pray:

Probably Dunn though...Rubio isn't cutting it. He's apparently #1 on Thibs board.

Murray & AD for PTI(pti)?

Reactions: PTI (pti)
Ugh. Murray to Denver seems like a waste, Boston screwed up the Murray to T'wolves Dream taking a lesser player over Dunn.

I have no idea how Jeff Goodman has had the career arc that he has had, but props to him. He's beating Woj over half the time tonight...and has a little more detail and convo with the coaches/etc it seems -- at least equal.

Kinda bizarre that he's who he is now.

^ good question. Just read an article on it and the only name that impressed me was Patrick Beverley. It mentioned Kyle Singler as well. Certainly long odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT