ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you're referencing, but I could pretty easily crush you on here if I chose to do so. Probably in your best interest to STFU.
The picture above about parents paying rent. I feel like that was directed towards me because of what you know.

I'll go ahead and address that:

Could make a long winded post but won't. 2 years ago I was let go from my job and my house was foreclosed on.

Actually, that post was making fun of dumbass hipsters and locally sourced menus. Had nothing to do with you. I mostly try to ignore you. Posted it mainly for the likes of Chad, Richie, etc.

Reactions: JustinSphere
That cartoon was clearly making fun of hipsters. I don't think anyone here associates you with hipsters.

I'm all about some old school GYERO ribbing but some of this is going maybe a little too far.

Albeit his posting style is awful Chief is a nice dude in person. Let's move on. If you don't want to read his stuff then use the ignore feature. No need to go below the belt.
It's good Richie. I needed to get that off my shoulders. I've wanted to.

And this place provides levity sometimes.

Saturday's gonna be a big soccer ball day. USMNT in third place game and FCC and LFC play for the GYERO Cup in minor league soccer action.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Another swing and miss by CoolCat.

- @krazykats I'm watching the market most days. There have been some opportunities the past month. Today, I was doing some demographic research for a business plan/pitch next month.

Not poking fun, just legit wondered. You always talk about finance stuff.

- hipsters are the dumbest group I've ever heard of. Today I met a guy who invests in property around Germantown who swear within the last 4 years he bought properties for 35K down there and is now not allowing new tenants once leases are up. Then putting anywhere from 10-15K in the house to fix it up and the hipsters around there are paying anywhere from 140-170K a house!

They are truly a lost generation.

Reminds me of the Olympians in Beijing stepping off the airplane wearing medical masks in their face. Pussies.

Hipsters are paying market price for real estate??? Jesus, man. That is CRAY-ZEE. :scream:

Messis assist where he just popped the ball up in the air....:joy::joy::joy:.

July 1, 2016 = hands down the biggest, most lucrative month of my short career here at the big H. Not to go all krazykats humblebrag, but I may hit my year end goals this month or next. #coasting

No rest for the weary. Got out and did my regular speed work last night, on 1 days rest. :boxing:

Magic Lampe > Dragan Bender. But it's close.

Market price set because of them. No one else is buying 2BD 1 Bath 1,000-1,400 sq ft houses for 140-170K.

Smart people are shopping and moving out of the city because comps outside of germantown(hipster community) has those same houses for 100-115K.

So yea it is crazy, but more on the dumb side IMO.

F that I don't care about them, I'm pointing out how stupid they are. Good for my guys to get their money back in hand and build more houses.

Hard to offer consulting advice to people buying a product at 35-40K 4 years ago, renting it out, then investing 10-15K and selling it for almost triple their investment.

It is easy however to point out how dumb the people paying those prices are. Usually something a tight ass like PTI would laugh about, but not with my dumbass pointing out the stupidity. No way. No how.

I'll leave now.:victory:

Hmm, now it all makes sense. Was wondering why a 1200 sq ft Chevy Chase Adjacent bungalow, tastefully decorated by the gay couple who lived there previously, costs more than the 4000 sq ft ball home abominations in the middle of nowhere like Nicholasville.

So, where does Messi rank among the all time greats, soccer balls? Or, where does he have the potential to be when he's finished?

His accomplishments don't seem to match up with some yet, but his offensive skills sure as hell do from the novice eye.

Millennial hate, as well as baby boomer hate, is nauseating. I'm 32, so I don't really know where I'm classified, but you can bet your ass my generation is better than yours.

So, where does Messi rank among the all time greats, soccer balls? Or, where does he have the potential to be when he's finished?

His accomplishments don't seem to match up with some yet, but his offensive skills sure as hell do from the novice eye.
He's the best. Period.

Overall, he's the best. His accomplishments at the Professional Level are beyond compare. But if you throw World Cups into the equation (the only thing lacking on Messi's resume), Pele is at the top. But Pele played at a time when Brazilians didn't really play pro internationally like they do today. Those 2 guys are 1-2. Maradona is 3, though there are many Argentina73s who would argue Maradona is ahead of Messi b/c of his World Cup success.

Wow, this surprises me.

Figured it would be like any other sport, where the older folks would refuse to 'let go' of the best from their era, or before. They flashed a graphic last night, and he's on his way to doubling-up Maradona in national team goals...although I know that's just one component in the grand scheme.

Where does Ronaldo fit in?

Messi is a prime example of whey the US just simply throwing its best athletes at soccer is not the cure people think it would be. He is a buck 40 at best.

The best two players I've seen in my lifetime are Messi and Ronaldo (Brazil striker). The latter was the star on a World Cup Championship team. I'm not sure he is as good as Pele was tho.

Cristiano Ronaldo is a Top 10 guy. In basketball terms, he's basically Kobe.

Lebron = Messi
Russell = Pele
Magic = Maradona

Or something like that. Shout out to Franz Beckenbauer, cause he's my Bird. Love his old school game.

As a long time (several months now I think) minor league soccer ball, I can say that Messi is the GOAT. Followed by this one big dude for FCC I think #9 maybe who had this pretty awesome free kick one time.

Take it to the bank.

So Messi is the Goat, got it.

-Are there any nerdy Freakonomics style articles or books about the US Soccer fan resurgence? At first I was highly annoyed by it, but more and more I find it kinda cool, and more fascinating than anything else. Curious what/when started it all.

So Messi is the Goat, got it.

-Are there any nerdy Freakonomics style articles or books about the US Soccer fan resurgence? At first I was highly annoyed by it, but more and more I find it kinda cool, and more fascinating than anything else. Curious what/when started it all.

I need something like that. I'm in the "annoyed by it" stage. I would like to be a casual soccer ball, but it's not happening. Just not interested.

The US probably has better athletes than just about any other country. We only lack skill and coordination and intelligence right now.

Hopefully within a few years, we won't have to see another MLS player on the US roster.

- What a boring draft. I can barely get into it and it's usually my favorite thing about the NBA. Maybe some trades will spice things up. Some things that won't happen but I'd love to see nonetheless:

* Cousins ending up in Boston via some sort of trade. Actually, Cousins ending up anywhere but Sacramento via trade.

* Suns drafting Murray (trading either Bledsoe or Knight since this draft is so weak on PGs) and setting up a young poor man's Splash Brothers with he and Booker.

* NOLA ending up with Dunn. Get Davis some help.

* Ulis ending up on a contender.

- I'm generally not big on soaps/lotions/scents as I have a wiener, but I love me some Bath & Body Works Eucalyptus stuff. It really is stress relieving. Would never buy it myself, but the lass got some for me.

- Bill Simmons' new HBO show debuts tonight with Ben Affleck and Charles Barkley as guests. Curious how it will look.

- krazy's mind would be BLOWN at the housing prices in Oakland. $1M cribs that would go for $150k here.

- Something I still haven't mastered in a relationship-> acting like I give a shit when she gets all worked up about something that doesn't really matter. Like she'll be pissed off about something at work- of which of course I don't understand considering I'm not in her industry, at her office or know her co-workers- yet I'm supposed to be able to give good feedback? I'll listen. I'll be a sounding board for her to vent. But besides that, what the hell else am I supposed to do? Then she gets red at me!

Either right in front of or right behind Pearman (Ballard '87) as GOAT. The actual soccer is arguable, but when it comes to laying the wood, Pearman gets the nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT