ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning,"

Next defendant:

"Sir, ****insert background sob story**** could you please not ruin my life either?"

"Well let's see here...do you play college football for my favorite team? No? Well, I'm sorry boy, it seems you're a menace and I'll be seeking the max."

Seriously though if you get in a car and someone does that to you, leave the car and call a grown up. That's not safe.

At the former place of business, we had a female service porter who was taking customers through the car wash and bobbing knobs for cash.

We didn't find out about it until she'd been fired for something unrelated. One of her "regular" washes ended up telling somebody what she was doing.

At the former place of business, we had a female service porter who was taking customers through the car wash and bobbing knobs for cash.

We didn't find out about it until she'd been fired for something unrelated. One of her "regular" washes ended up telling somebody what she was doing.

Kinda cool.

What are we talking about here Padre, she decent looking or just some busted tweeker?

Would love to see the overnight ratings on GOT, by the way. Also tremendous, I assume.

Went to NYC to run a 100 miler, and it was amazing. The course was laid out to go thru as many parks as possible. We basically saw EVERYTHING. For the record, the original plan was to see Avenue Q, do the 9/11 Museum, spend a day at a spa, an outdoor yoga class....hell, I even booked a Sex and the City tour. Plans changed, of course. Going back again next year, and will be spending 4-5 days.

Incredibly happy for Cleveland and Lebron. That's a storybook championship. Oh, and I think Steph should keep shooting 3-pointers. Just my 2 cents.

Running sucks, I get it. But jogging along the river in Brooklyn at 6am, and having the picture perfect view of the sun rise and slowly light up the epic skyline in the City..... Crossing the Brooklyn Bridge at 8am on a Sunday, 97 miles and 27 hours into a 100-mile adventure just as the city is starting to come to life.... Cruising into Times Square blasting Drive by Truckers on the celly after more than 1 entire day on my feet and celebrating another hard earned belt buckle..... No apologies from this guy. The entire event was absolutely badass. If the highlight of my trip were which pizza I ate, you may understand. Not how I roll, though.

Can't believe 73s criticism of Curry. Ironically, it's like he just described Larry Birds game, only took it easy on him.

Dinner = wings, Zapps, Barqs, brownie sundae. Diet starts tomorrow.

I love when runners try to convince people that it is not a godforsaken activity reserved for people who secretly hate themselves.

I've seen the Brooklyn sunrise, too. I was still half-drunk and I just finished fornicating with a woman that I would not introduce to my mother. Waited around and got some Grimaldi's. Was a pretty decent day.

Admittedly, most runners (and endurance athletes) are self indulgent geeks. And I won't argue with anyone who thinks the sport sucks. It does by most people's standards. I just happen to like it.

I also like....no, LOVE the delicious irony of anths consistent criticism. He's an endurance sport fanboy, desperately (and secretly) desires to accomplish anything in the tri sports, and yet remains little more than a sideline sitting poser who's incapable of committing the necessary work. He's filled with envy, but the defense mechanism he projects sure is cute. This is a sport you can buy your way into, can't get in because you "know somebody," and can't get upgraded because of your last name.

MCF crushes it, though. So thank god someone in that family put the genes to work.

Also, we should call "running" what it actually is: fanciful trotting.

None of those numbnuts in stupid shorts are actually, you know, running. Instead they are trotting like jackanannies for no damn good reason.

Enjoy.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Quick update on the Bbdk/Aime romance. I asked her if she was familiar with the name AB and her response was "that name sounds familiar, why?" I haven't elaborated, yet

Meh, I'm not committing that type of time required. I've done it a few times over the years and got in great shape. Just not my thing. I do enjoy watching though. Especially cycling. I'm also not making fun of endurance sports, just you because you make it weird. Like drive across the country to run 27 hours, then leave the next day without even showering. Or fly to NYC and spend 36 hours there mainly walking around the city. Or spend a weekend in an obscure town running a race with 10 other people. Running 10 or 12 per year. Its not really the running as much as your actions around the events.

Sorry, pal. It's f*cking weird. Literally everyone of your friends agree. You can poke fun at me for being ok with exercising 5-6 times a week to stay in shape if you want.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Its not really the running as much as your actions around the events.

Boy, I sure would love to know the cool/normal way to run 100 miles. I didn't think there was one.

Jot that shit down and send me a memo.

Pay extra money to cut the course and ensure a top 10 finish?
Overspend on cute, matching, designer gear?
Hire a "guy" to run the last 30 miles for you?

Quick update on the Bbdk/Aime romance. I asked her if she was familiar with the name AB and her response was "that name sounds familiar, why?" I haven't elaborated, yet

Umm, seriously? That's pretty creepy, stop being a dbag -- that was 15 years ago. There was no 'romance', she was a nice chick. We spent about 15 minutes together, iirc.

I have no idea who you are but keep my name out of your mouth, thanks.

Last edited:
Eh, it's a small town. Dropped it in general conversation and dropped it. Not like I had put my investigators hat on trying to dig up dirt.

Glad GYERO hyped up this OJ thing, probably wouldn't have watched otherwise -- kinda thought I'd heard his story too many times already, but I was incorrect.

What a great production. Only 2 in, but the inside look at his life before is pretty fascinating. Man, what a charming & calculated dude he was at a young age...I assume that's setting the table for the monster that he became, and likely always was. Good stuff.

I could listen to/watch Carl Douglas all day long.

What a strange, but intriguing diva/weirdo/animated/over dramatic attention whore that guy is. He's like the legal version of Stephen A, but 1000x less annoying.

Reactions: MotorCityKat
Nicole Brown appeared to be one of those women who got hotter with age...or it could've just been early 80s hair styles were terrible.

I thought 1&2 into early 3 was the doc at its best. I've seen enough about the trial through the years. The interesting stuff was the lead up.

Reactions: drxman1
OJ's rap video with the topless girls [laughing]

Nicole was most certainly a babe. I was always under the impression she was banging Ron Goldman, but I guess it was really his boss the restaurant owner...and Marcus Allen. Old Ron was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Agree, the first 3 were the best.

Was quite surprised they showed that graphic photo or her neck wound.

Reactions: SportsGuyNIndy
Just finished watching it last night. Didn't really learn anything new about the trial. I knew the prosecution blew it, I knew Cochran was an unethical POS, and I knew the jury got it wrong.

But the details on OJ and his life were fascinating. He basically spent 25 years distancing himself from the black community, then they make a martyr out of him for killing a white woman and getting away with it. I couldn't imagine that trial taking place now, with the advent of social media.

Main takeaway: OJ was a calculating, narcissistic sociopath who was addicted to fame, was nice to strangers & liked hanging out with white folks. When I was a kid I sent a bunch of requests to famous athletes for autographed pictures, most of which went ignored. The first one to respond was OJ. He even personalized it. I never forgot that.

ALSO, I spent most of this past weekend hanging out with Richie's parents. They're good eggs. [thumb2]

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT