ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was riveting but I thought it was a terrible basketball game. Missed lay ups, bad shots, one awful turnover after another.. Other than Kyrie's three it seemed like there were 20 empty possessions in a row down the stretch. It's fun to watch Steph and Klay when they are making those crazy shots, but it's equally painful to watch when they are air balling a bunch of them.

Gotta love this for the city of Cleveland. When a city's greatest hero decides to chase his dream by leaving town, and that city's back is against the wall, and the city and its owner whine and cry, and write a childish burn letter in comic sans, you'd like to think that maybe, just maybe, if they carry on like entitled children long enough, and turn their back on that hero and declare him a traitor, and not wish him well or commit themselves to moving onward and upward, that that hero will inexplicably decide to give that totally unrepentant city another chance, and that their behavior will be rewarded with them getting everything they wanted, despite having learned absolutely nothing from the entire journey.

Really brings a tear to my eye.

I get that it's 2016 and everyone is a snark troll but the piling on Golden State is a little much. They lost a barnburner G7 to one of the 5 GOAT. And that was without big games from their two stars.

Really enjoy just how quickly backlash comes these days. :thumbsdown:

Yesterday was one of the best days of TV of my lifetime. DJ winning the Open, Cavs/Warriors epic game 7 showdown, and the best episode of GoT to date.

-Say what you want about DJ as a person but that dude is fun to watch play golf. I envy that dude's game...and his hot girlfriend.

-LeBron is one of my childhood heroes so it's always awesome when he wins a title. Happy for those fellas and Cleveland fans.

-GoT showed once again why it's the best TV show of all time last night. RIP Wun Weg Wun Dar Wun.

-Me and Shootbag are doing our first trial podcast after the draft this week. Hyped to get that rollin. Gonna do a few practice shows thru June and July, then launching the real deal on itunes sometime mid-August. Added Patty Ice Towles to the list of guests to come on for an interview last night. That'll be fun.

-When is that Eli tournament you guys always talk about? Sounds like something I might be interested in.

Happy Monday

Anyone shitting on either team or the series is daft. Helluva series.

What more could you want?

An all-time great player versus an all-time great team. Basketball theory at its finest.

Don't like it? There is always minor league soccer.

Reactions: GYERater
I get that it's 2016 and everyone is a snark troll but the piling on Golden State is a little much. They lost a barnburner G7 to one of the 5 GOAT. And that was without big games from their two stars.

Really enjoy just how quickly backlash comes these days. :thumbsdown:

Kicking people in the nuts multiple times, throwing your mouthpiece at fans, leaving the bench to head to the locker room before the game ends, crazy wife tweets, flexing after every AND 1 opportunity, running down the floor after shooting before the ball goes into the basket, whining and crying after every single foul call against you, running the score up on hapless opponents during the regular season, and on and on and on.

Great season, great team...but they acted like a bunch of prima donnas.

Reactions: jayroon and WettCat
In 2014 there was a notindigenouselephant73 on the Alabama football board, making the exact same posts about UK, the Harrisons' faces, not shaking hands after Wisconsin, Cal, etc. just saying.

-Skip Bayless is an idiot. Kryie as the FMVP. LOL. Congrats on getting paid millions for being a douche troll.

-Man, I love the wall to wall US Open coverage but I was a little burnt out on it Sunday. Other than Joe Buck the coverage was much better this year. The rain compressing everything was pretty annoying.

-Warriors have always rubbed me the wrong way. Again, Curry/Thompson are fine and fun to watch but the rest of the cast is about as hateable as it gets.

-Got a little toasty yesterday but otherwise a wodie summer weekend.

-Fish tacos last night. WAF.

-First Fathers Day. Slept in a bit, hung with little man, watched golf, bike ride, more golf, family dinner, Finals, scotch. A+

-Work weekend on the horizon, ton of shit to catch up on, LEGGO.

Reactions: jayroon
In 2014 there was a notindigenouselephant73 on the Alabama football board, making the exact same posts about UK, the Harrisons' faces, not shaking hands after Wisconsin, Cal, etc. just saying.

Was that elephant still bitching about Deandre Liggins and Tubby Smith?

Kicking people in the nuts multiple times, throwing your mouthpiece at fans, leaving the bench to head to the locker room before the game ends, crazy wife tweets, flexing after every AND 1 opportunity, running down the floor after shooting before the ball goes into the basket, whining and crying after every single foul call against you, running the score up on hapless opponents during the regular season, and on and on and on.

Great season, great team...but they acted like a bunch of prima donnas.

As opposed to LeBron James? :joy:

-Thought the Fox coverage was fine. I love Zinger, and Faxon is decent other than looking like a human penis.

-What a game last night -- this does soooo much for LeBron it's ridiculous. The happiness/relief on his face last night was cool to watch.

What a dream night for the NBA. Two best players in the world, Game 7 -- like Chad, I didn't even know who I was rooting for. Warriors are the most fun team to watch in ages, but LeBron is LeBron. Watching him remind everyone who's the best player in the world those Final 3 games was unreal & historic. Nothing will top this one for him, nor should it.

When do the ratings come out? Quick google didn't reveal anything.

-DJ

-Nice relaxing & exhausting weekend. Played 18 holes at 7am Saturday, then went up to Lex to visit Baby Hovekamp & George for a few hours. Those kids are both happy & awesome.

...stopped by Midway on the way back, per Anth's rec. Grey Goose was solid, wife loved the little town.

-18 more yesterday morning, steaks on the grill, US Open, NBA Finals. What a great sports day.

-Picked up a See More Putter yesterday, have to try something new. If anyone wants a deal on a Custom Scotty I paid $500 for, hit me up. Needs refinishing, but a beaut. Just fell out of favor with it.

Reactions: jayroon
- Wedding in Columbia, Mo this weekend. Never been to anything that nice in my life. Unbelievable meals/reception/fireworks display/band/etc. They certainly did it up right.

- Definitely heading back to Columbia for the football road trip this fall. Nice college town. Reminded me a little of Athens.

- USGA... :rolleyes:

Meh, we'd decided to drive back to Louisville b/c nothing in Lexington's horrible food scene sounded good.

...then wife had one of her "I'm Starving" attacks on Versailles Rd, so we turned right and headed for some quick pizza.

My wife is completely psycho when she's hungry, and it happens in a matter of seconds out of nowhere. So weird, anyone else deal with this? I get hungry all the time, but I can wait awhile especially if I know my next meal is imminent. Not her, it drives me bonkers.

I was pulling for LeBron even though I picked against them. It was just incredible to see him find that next level for games 5, 6, & 7. One of the all time great performances in sports. The worst thing the Warriors ever did was piss LeBron off after game 4. It's like they learned nothing from Oberyn Martell.

My wife is completely psycho when she's hungry, and it happens in a matter of seconds out of nowhere. So weird, anyone else deal with this?

Constantly. We have to pack snacks like we have a toddler almost anytime we're in the car together. My wife goes from perfectly fine to the always enjoyable combination of slumped over sick and angry beast at a moments notice. Then, the smallest amount of food seems to do wonders. I don't get it.

Reactions: CoolCat45
And I still think LeBron makes it harder on himself by basically running the entire team. He should have some input into personnel decisions, but he would benefit greatly a strong, competent GM, especially in his later years when he won't be quite capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound.

Reactions: Hankshaker
And I still think LeBron makes it harder on himself by basically running the entire team. He should have some input into personnel decisions, but he would benefit greatly a strong, competent GM, especially in his later years when he won't be quite capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound.

Everyone talks about Lebron's legacy.

He is probably the person most genetically able to excel at basketball that the world has ever seen. Plus he seems like a smart, level-headed dude. But I cannot help but think that his biggest deficit is that he never had a mentor or someone else with the moxie to shape him.

Where would that guy be with a Phil Jackson or a Popovich?

He seems to surround himself with YES! men but is so touching talented that it does not matter on the day to day.

010715_meloshumpjr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT