ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way in hell OJ should have been convicted based upon the evidence presented at trial. With that said, he absolutely killed those people.

It has been interesting to hear the perspective of that one juror, particularly on Darden getting OJ to put the glove on.

The series has been good though I could have done without the actual photos of the body at the murder scene. Wow, he did almost cut her damn head off. That was gruesome to look at.

There's no way in hell OJ should have been convicted based upon the evidence presented at trial. With that said, he absolutely killed those people.

Completely disagree. There's no way he should've gotten off and I don't see how anyone without an agenda could say otherwise. Open and shut case.

You just can't overlook all the flaws in the case. It really is that simple regardless if you let race play a major role or not. It seems as if everyone involved was a rookie except the defense team.

Reactions: jayroon
1. The defense impeached the prosecution's lead detective (Furhman). He literally took the fifth amendment in front of the jury when asked whether he manufactured evidence for the case;

2. The defense cast doubt on the reliability of the physical evidence by calling into question the LAPD's collection methods and impeached the lead forensic witness (Fung) with video evidence;

3. The glove stunt completely backfired on Darden's bumbling ass. Asking a question at trial that you do not know the answer to is a cardinal sin;

4. The DA moved the case to downtown Los Angeles for political reasons instead of trying it in Brentwood, allowing the defense to stack the jury with defense jurors.

When you instruct a jury to make a finding beyond a reasonable doubt in those circumstances, you get an acquittal. Plus you have to understand that none of those people had a damned clue about the significance of DNA evidence in 1995. That's even more true when you factor in that most of the jury was uneducated and from a lower socioeconomic class. This was sort of glossed over in the documentary, but they had to find 12 people who could commit to being sequestered in this jury for up to six months. Guess who that rules out? Most people with jobs and college degrees.

Completely disagree. There's no way he should've gotten off and I don't see how anyone without an agenda could say otherwise. Open and shut case.
The prosecution shit the bed on the case. When you look at the evidence presented to the jury and the screw ups that were made in trying to define his guilt, it was pretty obvious why he got off. What we all saw was completely different than what the jury had to convict beyond a reasonable doubt on.

Reactions: maverick1
- In & Out is only in CA, TX and Vegas I believe. Restaurants have become something I pay a lot closer attention to now that I'm bidding them commercially.

- How can anyone dependent on good summer weather to make a living not love this weather? Anything to do with construction and you are busier than a dog with two peckers right now. Unreal.

- Every UL fan I saw today is just an excuse making machine trying to compare their baseball failures as a clear fav to UK's failures in basketball. You do not even have to provoke them and they use UK as a barometer of it being ok.

- Cavs roll tonight I'm afraid, and they might even get this thing to a game 7.

- For the first 3 weeks of every summer I try to convince myself to buy a pool. Just might plan ahead and buy one at the end of summer so that next year I'm good to go.

Add AZ to this and I think you've covered it.

Was listening to one of the defense attorneys on the OJ case the other day. He said the biggest shock he has learned since the trial was that Marcia Clark stating "we thought we would lose the case before it ever began." And "they brought racism into the trial by admitting having a black prosecutor on the team was planned." Worst mistake was the defense knew of all the racial tensions that had been going on for years, yet they decided to have the most controversial person be their star witness, Furman was a known racist.

They didn't decide to have Furhman as the star witness. They had to have him as a witness, whether he was a known racist or not, because he was the one that found the fvcking glove.

If OJ had been tried five years later he would have been convicted. DNA evidence has come a long way in terms of the way it's explained to the jury/cross examined. It's a more solid science now. The defense did their job, and OJ will die in prison anyway. THE SYSTEM WORKS

Saying that OJ should have been acquitted based on the case the state brought is total revisionist history. The verdict was shocking at the time to everyone. I was in law school at the time and the system's failure was especially unsettling to me and my classmates.

Reactions: wcc31
Very excited for my alma mater. The head coach is a buddy of mine that I played with for three years. We lost to eventual state champs (Harrison Co) 12-11 in 1998. I had pitched he day before and was ineligible. He has a great group of kids...I think they pull it off tonight. Would make a nice little story line for Scott and the Camels.

Chad thinks everyone is guilty, every time. What's new?

Pope has a 0% chance of breaking 90 this summer WITH ME, aka, playing real golf by the rules. Zero

I will bet anything you like up to a Grand. Come to Eli and I'll give you 3 shots at it.

Last edited:
Little man is spending the night with his grandparents, first night he's been away from us since he's been born.

I've got a movie on with the surround sound way too loud, knocking back West 6th ips's with Blanton's side cars, au gratin in the oven, caprese on the table waiting, and some 2" porter house slabs from the last cow I put up about to sear on the grill.

Feeling good about things right now.

I do like the idea of 3 chances at it, hell if it weren't for two really bad holes today I would have made it. We played the blues.

I probably can't do Eli this year, unless something happens and Seth ends up not getting married that Saturday. I mean, I might skip some weddings, but not his.

You're welcome to come down and play Greenbrier with me. I told Cawood he could officiate, since an independent will most certainly be needed for a wager like this.

Reactions: cawoodsct
I think it's really interesting that everybody who is saying I have no chance has never played with me.

Don't need to. For the record, I'm not saying you couldn't break 90 anywhere. I'm saying there is a 0% chance you could break 90 at the Eli this year.

Chad thinks everyone is guilty, every time. What's new?

Pope has a 0% chance of breaking 90 this summer WITH ME, aka, playing real golf by the rules. Zero

I will bet anything you like up to a Grand. Come to Eli and I'll give you 3 shots at it.
I'll take a grand that at the eli playing with BBdK he can't break 90.

Little man is spending the night with his grandparents, first night he's been away from us since he's been born.

I've got a movie on with the surround sound way too loud, knocking back West 6th ips's with Blanton's side cars, au gratin in the oven, caprese on the table waiting, and some 2" porter house slabs from the last cow I put up about to sear on the grill.

Feeling good about things right now.
Great call. Enjoy. You guys deserve it.

Reactions: robvio
Have you ever broken 90 in your LIFE? (No)

Have you ever played a round of golf strictly by the rules? (No)

Have you ever played a round of golf (by the rules) under actual pressure or with a lot of money at stake? (No)

...but suddenly in 2 months you are going to do all of those things, and shoot your best round ever, on the spot vs me? Lol, OK. I don't need to have played with you before...good luck!

Reactions: wcc31
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT