ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Nice little evening downtown at some wine deal in the Pavilion. Ended up getting take out Athenian and sipping a scotch while watching the Reds comeback.

-HK, didn't you all do an escape room at some point? Looking at one for a company outing during our annual managers retreat. Also, Indy peeps... restaurant recommendations for around 10 people. Dinner only and not St Elmo's.

-Really starting to dislike both teams.Irving annoys me as much as Green.

-Hope Oakmont lives up to the hype. Looking for a brutal course and lots of complaining.

-Ive eaten as Sullivans Steakhouse and it good. Cool place with great food and some live jazz in the background.

-Chief may sound ridiculous asking about Lebron being top 10, but he is actually accurate. He's the least clutch superstar Ive ever seen. Jordan went to 6 straight finals too, Lebron. He just won all of them.

This pains me to say because he's a rapist ninja, but Kobe > Lebron. 5 rings, one of the most clutch performers ever, hit huge shots in the playoffs. Yeah, Ill take Kobe over Lebron. Cant wait for Bron to get slapped around in the Finals again next year.

I also think that the NBA is in a bad place when Steph Curry is the face of the league. Doesnt say much about your competition when a 6'3 non-athletic whitish-black guy can dominate everyone. The NBA has become a glorified 3 point shooting contest with little to no defense. Post play is completely non-existant, but gee is sure is fun to watch those guys shoot 60 3's like they did last night.

I think Lebron is in the 8-12 Range. His talent is Top 3, but the results just don't match up. Is that unfair to Lebron? For sure. But Magic wasn't as talented as Lebron...but he was a better basketball player. And his accomplishments, and ability to lift up his teammates say otherwise. Same goes for Bird.

Jordan
Magic
Kareem
Russell
Chamberlain
Bird
Duncan

I think that the Top 7 is pretty clear. Maybe throw Big O in there as well. Then you have Lebron, Hakeem, Shaq, and Kobe. Then it drops off to Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, etc.

Last edited:
TV shows: Peaky Blinders is at the top of my list currently, followed closely by Turn, Bloodline and then Vikings.

Bourbon: Basil Hayden, Four Roses and then 1792

Trying to decide between Michigan State at MSG and NC in Vegas. Always wanted to see the Cats in MSG as so much history there but the Cats in Vegas would be awesome for obvious reasons.

Who ya got for the Belmont?

Reactions: wcc31
Those Dean Martin roasts are just fabulous. Can totally see SAE in the audience with Richie, wearing tuxes, smoking a few heaters, downing some bourbon or scotch on the rocks.

This one from Foster Brooks (another Louisville legend) is out of this world...literally have been crying for 5 minutes. This shit just doesn't happen anymore.

Who ya got for the Belmont?

This bunch at 12 furlongs = throw the "pace scenario" out the window--with my laptop not far behind--as it won't matter. Majority of these will never run this distance again, so it's basically who'll be left standing at the end.

Exaggerator is heads and shoulders, but will hold no value..

So, will be playing these in some exoticas:

Exaggerator, Cherry Wine, Lani, and Suddenbreakingnews.

GLA..[thumb2]

I think Lebron is in the 8-12 Range. His talent is Top 3, but the results just don't match up. Is that unfair to Lebron? For sure. But Magic wasn't as talented as Lebron...but he was a better basketball player. And his accomplishments, and ability to lift up his teammates say otherwise. Same goes for Bird.

Jordan
Magic
Kareem
Russell
Chamberlain
Bird
Duncan

I think that the Top 7 is pretty clear. Maybe throw Big O in there as well. Then you have Lebron, Hakeem, Shaq, and Kobe. Then it drops off to Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, etc.

No Isiah?

Yes Lebron is easily top 10 ever. He has weaknesses, but they are only so glaring because he has no management that will stand up to him and actually demand specific expectations from him on the floor. In Miami he didn't just get his way because Pat Riley allowed the coach to do his job and Wade was enough of a superstar to keep Lebron in check.

Dan Gilbert also messed up by not keeping Wiggins and telling Lebron he is 6'9 260 and will be the most agile PF in the league. That would have made them a better team prepared to handle a team as versatile as GS.

Pizza = Bazbeaux
Black Market is cool - big tables...10 people could fit around
MacNivens - Irish pub

All of those are on Mass Ave, and there are tons of other places within walking distance. Cajun place called Yats; every bit as good as B&T, but probably too casual for what you're doing.

Pizza = Bazbeaux
Black Market is cool - big tables...10 people could fit around
MacNivens - Irish pub

All of those are on Mass Ave, and there are tons of other places within walking distance. Cajun place called Yats; every bit as good as B&T, but probably too casual for what you're doing.

Much better pizza than bazbeaux to be had, but Mass. Ave. Is a great spot to check out. Let me know if you have something specific in mind food wise or geographically. I waste a ton of money dining out around here...

- I like Sudenbreakingnews and that crazy ass Lani with Exaggerrator. Lani will run for days but I'm not sure has a high gear to kick into.

- I always feel Hakeem is an overlooked all-time great. In his prime, he was nearly unguardable. I'm glad to see the folks in this thread give him the props he deserves. :basketball:s, all of y'all.

I was leaning towards Brody because he is coming in "fresh", but Cherry Wine has been tearing it up in the morning since they shipped in, and might have a shot filling out the bottom.

Except for Cavorting, it's been a fairly quiet day at Casa Hoss. But, thanks to that filly, currently in 7th in a Belmont Derby Wars challenge...Dig Deep in the Woody Stephens...leggoooo!

Last edited:
- I like Sudenbreakingnews and that crazy ass Lani with Exaggerrator. Lani will run for days but I'm not sure has a high gear to kick into.

- I always feel Hakeem is an overlooked all-time great. In his prime, he was nearly unguardable. I'm glad to see the folks in this thread give him the props he deserves. :basketball:s, all of y'all.

Im on Suddenbreaking news too. My guy likes Destin so Im going to do a 2-4-all and a 4-2-all tri.

This bunch at 12 furlongs = throw the "pace scenario" out the window--with my laptop not far behind--as it won't matter. Majority of these will never run this distance again, so it's basically who'll be left standing at the end.

Exaggerator is heads and shoulders, but will hold no value..

So, will be playing these in some exoticas:

Exaggerator, Cherry Wine, Lani, and Suddenbreakingnews.

GLA..[thumb2]

Belmont Park 11 $5.00 WPS 1 ;)

:thumbsdown:

Last edited:
I don't watch a lot of soccer so I imagine Chumps is pretty irate at this ref in the U.S. game.

Last edited:
Much better pizza than bazbeaux to be had, but Mass. Ave. Is a great spot to check out. Let me know if you have something specific in mind food wise or geographically. I waste a ton of money dining out around here...
We're staying at the Omni. So downtown is preferred, we'll wonder out on one day but walk-able is better. This is what we have so far, Palimino is boring but reasonable price and nice for a last dinner. Any ideas to sub in there for a group of 13?

1st Night: St. Elmo's
2nd Night: Napolese
3rd Night: Sun King Tour then St. Joseph Brewery dinner
4th Night: Palaminos
Hungover meal as I leave town = Patachou(of course)

^^ All solid choices. The only one I listed earlier that is downtown would be Spoke and Steele. Having a group of 13 means you probably want to do everything on foot close to the hotel, but Fountain Square and Mass Ave. (bout a 15 min walk from the Omni) are where most of the good new spots are.

Other options for downtown to replace Palaminos are Nada and Cerulean. Just be sure to call ahead, because I've never been with that big of a group.

If you want a cheap place to drink Ike and Jonesy's is right across the street. It's divey; avoid the food. Kilroy's is the go-to for bar food.

Also, if you're a coffee guy, ignore the Starbucks and walk a block west to Bee's Roasters. They're legit.

http://spokeandsteele.com/

http://ceruleanrestaurant.com/indianapolis/

http://eatdrinknada.com/indianapolis/

Last edited:
-This pains me to say because he's a rapist ninja, but Kobe > Lebron. 5 rings, one of the most clutch performers ever, hit huge shots in the playoffs. Yeah, Ill take Kobe over Lebron. Cant wait for Bron to get slapped around in the Finals again next year.

I also think that the NBA is in a bad place when Steph Curry is the face of the league. Doesnt say much about your competition when a 6'3 non-athletic whitish-black guy can dominate everyone. The NBA has become a glorified 3 point shooting contest with little to no defense. Post play is completely non-existant, but gee is sure is fun to watch those guys shoot 60 3's like they did last night.
-If you actually look at the numbers, Kobe is pretty unclutch by star standards. Crazy how some athletes get certain labels that just stick with them. Kobe hit a lot of big shots because he took a lot, he would never pass in that situation...also missed a lot, a whole lot. More often than Lebron, actually.

-Lebron is a weird guy. Hard to peg how I feel about him. Incredible talent, seems to be a hard worker, never been in any trouble (whachuwantacookie?), I think his love for his hometown is real and admirable. However, his power play as a super star screwed him as a player and his passive aggressive social media nonsense with his teammates is nauseating. I also agree with 73, if he would embrace PF rather than run from it, it would make him more effective and probably extend his prime a couple years.

-I think Curry is the best thing to happen to the NBA since Magic/Bird. GS's ability to spread the floor, along with the "new" rules, has lead to a free flowing ball movement era that rewards unselfishness and skill...really what the game was meant to be. You and 73 can pine for the days of Knicks 84 Heat 78, watching Anthony Mason and Alonzo Morning wrestle for 30 seconds on every position while the other 8 guys on the court stood and watched. No thanks.

I've only met him a couple times and it was like 8 years ago but I'm almost positive I sat a couple rows behind AP.com at church the day after he posted again.

Im unusually suspicious of most bathroom attendants, but particularly the ones at the airport. What's the point? I get it when a fancy club wants uncle Tom in there yucking it up for loose change, but do I really need a homeless guy to waive his hand in front of the motion activated paper towel disposal for me??

Lebron seems to make bad players better, and great players worse. It's unprecedented. He may be the cautionary tale of too much too soon. He probably could have benefitted from some early career humility. A half dozen years of playing for bad teams, growing the proverbial shoulder chip, building a solid nucleus organically thru the draft, adding a few role players to solidify the roster on a well established franchise.....oh well. Hash tag THE CHOSEN ONE. [pfftt]

Back from an absolute first class 5-day business qualifier trip in St Pete Beach. Just an awesome time. Our guest speaker was Kyle Maynard, a quadrapalegic whose climbed Kilimanjaro, played high school football, owns a cross fit gym, wrote a bestseller, been on Oprah and Larry King, etc, etc. Amazing week.

Louisville baseball :cool2:

We've been at war in some form or fashion with the Middle East for most of my lifetime. Rather than continuing to double down our efforts and ratchet up the intensity, what do y'all say we pack em up and head home? Worked in Nam. We got no business having even a single military boot on the ground over there. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT