ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really necessary to live Tweet a funeral procession?

Hearse turning onto Bardstown Road. Driving slowly.

Procession moving slowly.

Still moving slowly toward the cemetery.

Estimate about 75 minutes until arrival at the cemetery.

Procession turns right. Slowly.

Slow going through this intersection as traffic is stopped the other way.

HOLY SHIT ALI'S A FUCIKNG ZOMBIE! HE'S ATTACKING MOURNERS!!!

J/K. Still moving slowly.

Mature Tree
453338593-tree-rollins-of-the-orlando-magic-laughs-gettyimages.jpg

This albums still bangs. Especially in the summer for some reason
Sublime_Self-Titled.jpg

Haven't been keeping up with the GYEROS/Cat Paw but if you haven't caught up on Peaky Blinders, you're doing it wrong. Tom Hardy is amazing in S3. For BBDK and other movie simpletons, he played Bane in Batman.

That stop out front of the Ali Center was pretty cool -- nice gesture for the cars on the other side of 64 to stop as well...

...something you see in small towns for nearly every funeral, but not here.

My wife couldn't get over every single car stopping for our entire procession when we were home for my Aunt's funeral last year, she'd never seen that before, lol.

I hate the local media. Two themes:
*I've never seen anything like this for anyone, anywhere? Really? Elvis. Michael Jackson. Heads of State. Chris Kyle.
*Ali was from Louisville. He loved Louisville. He always talked about Louisville. Louisville. I'm from Louisville. Ali was from Louisville. Louisville. OMG. Louisville.

Other than that, the whole funeral procession is pretty damn cool. Except for those damn fools that were shirtless or in wife beaters, deciding to jog along. Someone needed to tase their asses.

I don't think BlueKel gets it. He would've wanted the kids and fools in wife beaters to jog along the hearse. That's part of it. And that's the way it was in Zaire in 1974.

This is pretty amazing. Speechless tbh.

We were told when we got the last 2 removed that it's a pretty severe problem around here...and this area is nothing but huge/mature trees all over the place. Apparently all of them are (or will) be diseased or dead if not treated properly, and for the majority, it's too late.

Maybe Rob can chime in w/ some expert advice, they're all just huge ass annoying trees to me. I have no idea which is which, just know they're all way too big to have on a residential lot, imo.

JR's Tree Service. If you call them text me and I'll tell him to help as much as possible.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
-I think it's about time to get back out to Cali. We've been wanting to do Napa again. Couple days there, then fly down to the beach for a couple days seems like the play.

This is the play. Fly into SF and do a night there. while you're there, buy a cheap but durable suitcase. Do Napa for 3-4 days, take the wine you bought and fly down to San Diego, and do the beach thing SD thing for 3-4 nights. Done this twice now, and probably will again in August. On SW there's no weight limit for checked bags, so you can pack 15-20 bottles in your suitcase.

Reactions: wcc31 and drxman1
So I haven't been following is the Ali procession as big as the White Bronco chase in terms of people showing up on the side of the road and cheering?

On SW there's no weight limit for checked bags, so you can pack 15-20 bottles in your suitcase.

Since when? They typically do not care if you're over by a few pounds (which my wife is every touching time [eyeroll]) like some airlines, but there is a 50lb weight limit (unless you wanna pay a $75 charge)

Maximum weight is 50 pounds and maximum size is 62 inches (length + width + height) per check piece of luggage. Overweight items from 51 to 100 pounds and oversized items in excess of 62 inches but not more than 80 inches will be accepted for an overweight and oversize baggage fee of $75 per item.

https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/baggage/

Last edited:
Unless you're biz select I'm pretty sure you have weight limits. Probably won't do a full week since we're going on the family vacation next year but 2 days in Napa/Sonoma then 3 at the beach would be pretty solid. No real desire to be in Napa for more than 2 days anyway. Hopefully a late afternoon flight would be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT