ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reds will trade away the farm. They're just waiting until after the All Star Game. Want to give the fans a chance to see "their" guys in the ASG before they start the fire sale.

- If the Reds are gonna blow it up they should fully blow it up. Don’t go half-way.

* Never ceases to amaze me how terrified teams are of doing this. Funny thing is, it typically works.

2 years ago, the Astros unloaded every overpaid player on their roster, lost 111 games, and crept thru the season with a payroll that as a team, iirc, was less than ARods individually. Fast forward to today, they're loaded with cheap young talent and one of the best team in baseball.

It's magic.

* The Bellydancers are awesome parents, and just win at life. Spending the week here with their 10-month old. Trying to be an accomodating friend, I kept mentioning all sorts of zoos, museums, and acquariams to take him to.

False.

They eventually began ridiculing me, insisted this was THEIR vacation, not their kiddos, and really just wanted to booze the whole time. [laughing] So, we've been spending the last 2 days pushing a baby stroller all over town and day drinking. Hell yeah. Get it together, GYERO parents. Step yo game up.

* Our governor issued a statement that he would defend county clerks religious rights to deny marriage licenses to same sex couples.

Ironically, he's Indian, and was married in a Hindu ceremony. What a POfS.

-

- Have listened to LeBatards local radio show for 7 or 8 years. He used to call his dad, secretly record their conversations and then air his dad screaming and cussing the Marlins. Fantastic.They had to change with the show going national but it still has a similar feel.

Ha, I wondered at first if that was really his dad, or just some gimmick for the show. That's awesome. I've always kinda hated LeBatard, but as mentioned before, that show is so silly & ridiculous that I actually like it.

MY SON TV SHOW BROUGHT TO YOU BY SCION. [laughing]

-3 days til Mehico.

-Free Agency is set up to be super wodie this year, indeed. Draft + Free Agency in the NBA is more fun than the sport itself imo.

-Anyone ever read Carl Hiassen? He's got his own unique style, for sure...kind of a crime/humor/satire schtick, makes for quick easy reads. Read 'Bad Monkey' a few summers ago, now going back through his older stuff.

-Baseball has way of magically/completely disappearing for me in the middle of the summer. I enjoy when it starts up, and then when it winds down with the pennant races through the WS. In between it marcus welby be hockey.

-Guess I'll give Kacey Musgraves' new album a spin this week. [smoke]

-About 50 or so cooks in on the Green Egg...after some frustration with the adjustment period & learning the damn thing (+ adding necessary accessories), the final verdict is: It's awesome.

-Really looking forward to the first in-depth documentary about this Prison Escape & Run. I eat that ish up...Sweat is singing loudly apparently, spilling basically everything. Sounds like an all-timer in terms of planning & execution. Have a weird appreciation for that kinda stuff, almost rooting for them in a sick/twisted way -- even though I'm definitely glad they were caught before they could hurt/kill anyone, and it's come out that was definitely their plan.

-Back2Back short weeks, leggo.

#early

read bad monkey (hiassen), and HATED it. just awful. he's a miami/key west guy, and i guess all of his books kind of follow that formula -- detective work, rich people, sex, plastic surgery. thought it was terrible.

Hmm...I'd recommend a book about someone who runs a lot, then.

Check this one out:

images

The Reds will trade away the farm. They're just waiting until after the All Star Game. Want to give the fans a chance to see "their" guys in the ASG before they start the fire sale.
I'm cool with this, makes sense, but yeah it has to be a full on blow up.

-Burgans have been our saving grace. Inspirational even. Cool to see you can have a kid, not neglect them, not leave them at home and still be fun people to hang around with. Surprising since most people make is sound like life is over, every thing revolves around Frozen and Gatti Land and you never get to see the light of day again.

-Harris saying Skal is clear. If true, man that eases my mind. Not going to lie I was quietly terrified. That's the difference in a good and great year.

- Like everything else, BBdK's taste in books is awful. He likes the same stuff as middle-age house wives.

- Was there any bigger lock than reports "leaking out" that Charles Matthews is a HUGE surprise? By October, we'll be hearing reports that NBA scouts LOVE him. Cal feeds the media this shit every year.

- I'm so glad we got Murray, not only because I love his game, but also because it put an end to the bullshit spring.

- Keep seeing Brandon Ingram getting Top 5 NBA love and I just don't get it. I like the kid but he's going to struggle to adapt to the physicality of the college game just like Tayshaun and Justin Jackson. Write it down.

Duke in general is being overrated. This team has a lot more in common with the '12 and '14 squads than last year.

- These odes to Bo Ryan are making me sick. The guy is nothing but a self-righteous prick.

Duke is always overrated, and so is Coach K. They lack athleticism and struggle with guards who can penetrate. When will he learn how to build a team correctly? Hard to believe they are top 5 pretty much every year and keep winning titles.

-Chad (every single year)

Chad's Taste:

Bachelor
Dave Matthews Band
HIMYM
Baby Gap Clothes
Chicken Fingers & Applesauce
Zooey
Anything that keeps it real, is cheap, and not very nice.

Dude is the TASTE Goat. Always been a little jelly. :100points:

Duke is always overrated, and so is Coach K. They lack athleticism and struggle with guards who can penetrate. When will he learn how to build a team correctly? Hard to believe they are top 5 pretty much every year and keep winning titles.

-Chad (every single year)

Nope. Not every year. I said from the get-go that last year was different primarily due to Winslow.

read bad monkey (hiassen), and HATED it. just awful. he's a miami/key west guy, and i guess all of his books kind of follow that formula -- detective work, rich people, sex, plastic surgery. thought it was terrible.

I've read Sick Puppy, Stormy Weather and Nature Girl and enjoyed all three. You may like his earlier stuff better but this is coming from a couple books a year reader.

...and I definitely agree about this year's team. Losing Cook/Jones/Winslow/Okafor - get real.

But yes, Chad does make that same post EVERY single year, including last year, despite the fact you liked Winslow. "Still not sold, etc, etc. Just wait until they play a team with attacking guards, etc, etc"

-What happened to MCF? Figured if anything would spawn a flyby post it would be the Bo news.

Reactions: Geese Feeder
...and I definitely agree about this year's team. Losing Cook/Jones/Winslow/Okafor - get real.

But yes, Chad does make that same post EVERY single year, including last year, despite the fact you liked Winslow.

Nope- not including last year.

The only year I've really been off about Duke was 2010. Besides that, I've been all over it.

Oh, you picked Duke to win last year (like I did?)

Quit lying liar.

No, but I said they were one of the Top 3 teams all year and knew they could make a run.

Last year was a different kind of Duke team than the past decade. They had a legit inside presence, and most importantly, some real physicality and athleticism on the wing.

i respect bbdks opinion on prank phone call comedic performers. other than that, he and his opinions can get pumped.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
chad's been right on the money about duke lately, except for the 2 years when they won the national championship. other than those 2 titles, he was right on.

Ha, I wondered at first if that was really his dad, or just some gimmick for the show. That's awesome. I've always kinda hated LeBatard, but as mentioned before, that show is so silly & ridiculous that I actually like it.

MY SON TV SHOW BROUGHT TO YOU BY SCION. [laughing]

When LeBatard was offered the TV show he said the only way he would do it is if his dad (who has a masters degree in engineering) was a co-host and his brother did all the artwork.

I thought this was an interesting article about the dynamic from a few years ago.

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/...e-dan-le-batard-chance-pay-back-some-dad-love

Reactions: MotorCityKat
chad's been right on the money about duke lately, except for the 2 years when they won the national championship. other than those 2 titles, he was right on.

Well, despite the image, those are two of the only 3 times in the last 11 years Duke has gotten past the Sweet 16. The other was a blowout E8 loss to Louisville.

It's not like Duke has been knocking on the door year in and year out. They've been more UConn than UK with their tourney runs the last decade.

Well, despite the image, those are two of the only 3 times in the last 11 years Duke has gotten past the Sweet 16. The other was a blowout E8 loss to Louisville.

It's not like Duke has been knocking on the door year in and year out. They've been more UConn than UK with their tourney runs the last decade.

you're more st johns than kentucky nowadays.

you're star has faded. a shell of your former self. kind of tough to admit that your posting isn't what it once was. younger posters dont even know what chad: the magazine was anymore. just fade off into the sunset, bro. go gracefully. maybe the guys over at kentuckysportsreport will give you a look.

Cool little chat with Adrian Wojnarowski in GQ about the NBA Draft.

The way I look at Twitter is this: I know people argue about, you should somehow defer to a television show. The draft is a ceremony. And the decision to draft the guy has already been made. So the news is already there. Would I wait for a team to announce they signed a free agent or announce they made a trade? No. My job is to break it. If I do that, what do they need me for? I don't care about their television show. It's a competitor. What do I care? I hope it complicates things. I don't care. That's their problem. Not mine.

http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-feed/2015/06/adrian-wojnarowski-interview.html

...quite fascinated with the dude of late, went back and read/re-read some articles about him. He's pretty much a villain to anyone that isn't a source of his, and many people are scared of him b/c of the weight he can throw around.

This is a long read, but one of the many articles features about the dude. Still amazing that he's so deeply connected.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/...basketballs-reporting-machine-gets-his-scoops

LeBatard doesn't take himself too seriously, which can be refreshing considering all of the other sports journos out there now. I know it's his gimmick and it's very manufactured, but him being "the butt of all jokes" is more likeable to me than the social crusaders that take themselves more seriously than the sports they write about.

Sr. LeBatard is just a likable guy. That's all there is to it. Seems like a fun-loving dude and with a dad like that, his son can't be that bad of a fella.

I also like Bomani although I can understand why others would not. I like "almost" any national sportswriter who is knowledgeable about college sports.

Last edited:
Watched 'Still Alice' with my wife a few months back, it was 'her turn', and she'd read the book. Awful...at least 'The Notebook' (great movie imo) had a happy love story attached.....this movie was plain dreadful & depressing.

-Saw a dead dog on the side of the road on the way to work.

Reminds me of my grandfather & Meemommie's relationship over their final years. It's a cool story for anyone who's gone through that imo.

You should watch with a strawberry beer sometime, bet you'd enjoy.

<--- 28 today. Seems like just yesterday PTI(pti) was telling me that 99% of females are sluts at one of the first Wodie Crew spring game tailgates, and trying to feed me liquor since I didn't drink at that point. I plan on doing absolutely nothing more than relaxing and watching Netflix today. #Old

Pretty confident that 1 in 10 faces you see on Tinder have tasted human meat. My God, someone ought to make a 'Faces of Tinder' site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT