ADVERTISEMENT

Greenberg update on ugo & bradshaw

Of course, it’s all about money and being healthy for NBA draft. Didn’t use to be that way. You can believe that Dan Issel would be ready to man up and play even if a little banged up.
You mean the same Dan Issel that played a drastically changed game over half a century ago? I hear ya, but you should probably compare players that played the game this century….

Reactions: BlueBlackNWhite
One thing is for certain. Any decision about when to play Bradshaw, or him playing for UK at all, made by Cal, the Dr's, the handlers, etc., will be solely about a his NBA future. This includes concerns about negative or damaging, image-impacting exposure.

(NBA) Player's first!

Yea, I’m not believing either these reports of extended time out for our players or the injuries. No way it takes months for a young, healthy athlete to heal from these reported injuries.
At UK it does

I have to believe Bradshaw will play because I can't imagine Cal, or anyone, having the ego to allow Sharpe 2.0 to play out so soon after the original. No way he'd survive, short of winning it all.

5 weeks until Big Z might be eligible....

5 more weeks after that Bradshaw and Ugo might play.. ...

Man the excitement around here never stops
Cant make up my mind if I want to start 4 guards or 3, 7 footers.

I read the entire thread, and it appears more and more of you are starting to see the obvious!

Cal allows the “injury card” to be played by anyone that doesn’t have confidence in their basketball skills, so they can use potential and measurements to springboard from HS to the pros.

This fits Bradshaw to the T, but Ugo didn’t have the HS hype, so I’m not sure what he’s thinking.

And yes, I’m absolutely saying these guys are hiding behind fake injuries!

I read the entire thread, and it appears more and more of you are starting to see the obvious!

Cal allows the “injury card” to be played by anyone that doesn’t have confidence in their basketball skills, so they can use potential and measurements to springboard from HS to the pros.

This fits Bradshaw to the T, but Ugo didn’t have the HS hype, so I’m not sure what he’s thinking.

And yes, I’m absolutely saying these guys are hiding behind fake injuries!

On Ugo, I'd say he and his handlers have an inflated and unrealistic view of his value to the NBA at this point. Regardless of that, Cal will handle Ugo as his handlers wish.

Last edited:
I have to believe Bradshaw will play because I can't imagine Cal, or anyone, having the ego to allow Sharpe 2.0 to play out so soon after the original. No way he'd survive, short of winning it all.
LOL , you are underestimating Cal‘s ego. He is probably using the “injury “ angle to try and keep some heat off his ass this time though.

Reactions: bnewt
IF he is so worried about the 5 spot, why didn't he recruit someone to play it? Ugo is a raw project, Bradshaw, if he plays, will play outside. Yet he let legitimate centers go elsewhere. Mitchell dropped in his lap and isn't a center & neither is Z. Again, poor coaching & decision making, which will again haunt UK.

Mitchell has played the 5 most, if not all, of his college career. Ivisic is 7'2 so what position does he play if he isn't a 5?

I think Calipari getting Ivisic is a direct response to the Bradshaw surgery.

What I don't understand is how two guys can be working out, shooting jumpers, etc. while still needing 5-6, maybe 7, weeks before they are cleared to play. That makes no sense.

one of my fav take-aways was "I've got a smart team" I may be drinking the koolaid, but I do think this team with DJ and Shepp and Mr. West Virginia and others seems to have high basketball IQ. I think that will be our special sauce.

Just saying it right now. If Bradshaw doesn't play for UK this year, I want Cal gone at the end of the season. Regardless of how we finish.
Same. If the timeline is correct & he’s 5 weeks away, now, that would put the target date around the 3rd week of November. That would be a full 8 months since he fractured his foot & nearly 5 months since his surgery. You’d think he tore an ACL. Definitely seems fishy, IMO.

But, the mystery surrounding his injury, all summer long, stunk to high heaven, too. It’s a damn shame that we even have to speculate whether or not something is up. But, it seems like it’s one shady thing after another, anymore. I can’t wait until this dysfunctional program finally goes in another direction & regains some form of normalcy. This bs is so old.

I already want him gone.

Unfortunately random message Board posters like us aren't who matters.
I've wanted him gone for years. Lots of damage has already been done to the program.

But every year, you get people saying - "but just look at that class we have coming in next year. He deserves one more shot".

And here we are with our monster class and several of them injured with extraordinarily long recovery times, worry about at least one not playing at all, another guy who might not be ruled eligible, and pre-season ranked with the also rans.

this is nothing like Sharpe 2.0
now if you had said Vanderbilt 2.0 that would be a much closer situation
Dude...it's all in the same direction regadless.

1. Keion Brooks has a mythical knee thing his Sophmore year...dunking in pro game but missed games to start the season.
2. Wheeler last year was a full out lie to fans after he pouted after being benched.
3. Terrance Clarke sprained ankle vs. UL in December....then misses all games until last game in SEC Tourney...for a damn sprained ankle.
4. Jared Vanderbilt saga was a mess from the get.
5. Shady Sharpe fiasco.

There are more but the point is....at this moment, the specifics all lead to one coach that is a sketchy as all get out and a history of trying to protect kids (and himself) for any criticism.

Mitchell has played the 5 most, if not all, of his college career. Ivisic is 7'2 so what position does he play if he isn't a 5?

What I don't understand is how two guys can be working out, shooting jumpers, etc. while still needing 5-6, maybe 7, weeks before they are cleared to play. That makes no sense.
how is Mitchell @ 6'9" going to match up against bigger stronger centers...........he isn't. Bradshaw was not going to play the center spot. He was going to play forward because that is what his handlers demanded & the gutless UK coach agreed. The only reason Ugo made such a quick return to UK after entering the portal is because there wasn't much interest in him & ccc promised him to start @ center. That is why he never attempted to land a big man except for the guy from Michigan & then was out bid. Just from looking at clips, Z is more mobile than Bradshaw or Ugo & has better overall skills. Bradshaw has never played out on the floor, yet ccc was going to start him at the forward position. The stupidity of his coaching & strategy is mind boggling.

1. Keion Brooks has a mythical knee thing his Sophmore year...dunking in pro game but missed games to start the season.
2. Wheeler last year was a full out lie to fans after he pouted after being benched.
3. Terrance Clarke sprained ankle vs. UL in December....then misses all games until last game in SEC Tourney...for a damn sprained ankle.
5. Shady Sharpe fiasco.

There are more but the point is....at this moment, the specifics all lead to one coach that is a sketchy as all get out and a history of trying to protect kids (and himself) for any criticism.
yet the only people that can see through his crap are the fans. apparently his boss has no authority over him or says anything to him.

Reactions: bigbluedon

5. Shady Sharpe fiasco.

like i said it is much more close to the Vanderbilt situation and nothing like the Sharpe situation
unlike Sharpe all the other players actually intended on playing and did
do you think other coaches would throw their players under the bus?
very very few coaches would ever do that

Y'all should read Cal's books. In one of them he says he frequently lies to fans about his players injuries to shield them from criticism.

Reactions: bigbluedon

It makes sense if you go with your gut. They're following the Sharpe playbook. Ugo's handlers probably telling him to sit out until he can transfer. Bradshaw probably being advised to sit and prep for the draft by Klutch. I'm sure people will think im a loony but that's what years of cal has done to me. After seeing Sahvir Wheeler bounce on the team mid season when he got benched, say he was gonna play in the tournament then say sike, and then seeing Ellen come out for Wheeler on senior night as he couldn't be bothered to show up. Nothing surprises me.

It would sure be nice if you would go away and boycott for as long he is here then. This constant whining and negativity from so many helps nothing.
And where did u come from? You are defending Stoops on the football board and now Cal. Are u related to both?

Cmon now , this is all I got left! Twins are done, Vikings are finished 5 games in...I gotta have something to carry me through winter! lol
My Niners going to win it all. I'm good. But what sucks is without Bradshaw we will suck in our standards. Not nothing past a first round win as a 4-5 seed. 9-12 losses and that sucks.

1300a689f08340f2b78304d64dca5d67_md.jpg

Njoku tried to melt his face off, and he never missed a game.
Now that's tough. (Like the song says, I guess.....)

Do other schools have players sit out forever for injuries that takes a month at most to heal?? I’m curious if duke or Kansas has star players that never heal from injuries and are 5 *.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT