ADVERTISEMENT

Greenberg update on ugo & bradshaw

I predict one of them will play v KU, prolly Bradshaw as his injury was earlier in the summer plus Big Z ofcourse.

Reactions: gharding07
I just said I hate the guy, not sure what else you want me to say. Really sick of him injuring our players, happens every damn year.
I can't stand him, either, but he's not the one injuring the players. The Cal is basically Grandma to these kids who are just using us for Draft Night. "Come here, honey, you got a boo boo? Here, go sit over there on the bench for a couple of months, it's going to be alright. Your draft status won't be affected, Granny's got you covered".

Reactions: bigbluedon
I’ll be surprised if Bradshaw plays this year. I hope he does, but 5-6 weeks from now is a late start and he (rightfully?) won’t want to jeopardize his draft stock. Current trend in college sports. Happens in football too where they now sit out bowl games.

At this point I believe nothing that Cal says. If he is telling the truth then they should be back right in the middle of our cupcake diet.
Stonehill on the 17th of Nov and St Joes on the 20th.

I'll bet ya a Jaeger Bomb, Car Bomb and Flaming Dr Pepper three row chug at next guys wknd. Love watching you puke.

You in?

That sounds like absolute hell. Take out the Jaeger Bomb and I’m in. I’ll replace the Jaegar bomb with smoking a parliament at the end to ensure I still puke.

• Haha
Reactions: HagginHall1999
That sounds like absolute hell. Take out the Jaeger Bomb and I’m in. I’ll replace the Jaegar bomb with smoking a parliament at the end to ensure I still puke.

Alright, so deal? You don't think he doesn't play at all or just for Kansas game?

I just said I hate the guy, not sure what else you want me to say. Really sick of him injuring our players, happens every damn year.
Thank you for responding to my post!!! It's soooo nice of you!!! And you did just a great great job with your response. I think people here really look up to you because of your Witt. Just a great job. Really, the best.

Chances a guy who’s not allowed near the court till January is gonna ramp all the way up to banging against SEC-level big bodies under the basket by March AT KENTUCKY despite having a real or perceived NBA future to protect. Yeah I’ll be holding my breath to see a lot out of these guys.

Reactions: RunninRichie
He clearly said another fice to six weeks…which who knows as usually they go longer with Cals guys

But why can’t Ky fans get information besides interviews wjtb Seth Greenberg (Cal ass kisser) and dumb NBA pro day? Ky fans are treated like more garbage by Cal as usual. Can’t bother to take presser to fanbase to talk of how the injury is going, how the team will unfold due to it, etc.

But no…we get of his bulljive injury reports before the season even starts

Both Ugo and Bradshaw have been scheduled to be evaluated by their doctors the last 2 weeks according to Pilgrim. Sounds like that has happened, and the doctors are saying 5/6 MORE weeks. Is it 5/6 more weeks to start practice? Full contact? Play in games, etc? we dont know.

Pilgrim has been saying for months, that UK staff has said they were NOT going to rush either one of them back.

Injuries are an organic thing. You have timelines, but people heal differently... you have a week or two setback with something that can throw the schedule off.

Both Ugo and Bradshaw have been scheduled to be evaluated by their doctors the last 2 weeks according to Pilgrim. Sounds like that has happened, and the doctors are saying 5/6 MORE weeks. Is it 5/6 more weeks to start practice? Full contact? Play in games, etc? we dont know.

Pilgrim has been saying for months, that UK staff has said they were NOT going to rush either one of them back.

Injuries are an organic thing. You have timelines, but people heal differently... you have a week or two setback with something that can throw the schedule off.
I swear. This is so frustrating. I figured Ugo was more hurt than let on. But ti's been nearly 3-4 months for Bradshaw. And now another 2?

Guess we will se him in January if ever.

Strange how we NEVER seem to have guys heal early or on time.

I’ll be surprised if Bradshaw plays this year. I hope he does, but 5-6 weeks from now is a late start and he (rightfully?) won’t want to jeopardize his draft stock. Current trend in college sports. Happens in football too where they now sit out bowl games.
Yeah I am starting to think the same thing but I hope I am wrong. I think he knows he is a guy who is going to be doing a lot of his developing in the pros. The way this Kentucky team is going to be succesful is with our gaurd play and what we need from our bigs is just rebounding and defense.

I just see Bradshaw as the type of guy who sees $$ signs and isn't willing to risk that for some college success. I think this is a big reason why he has gone all out to endear himself to the fanbase. If he does play I think it will come down to whether he is having success or not. If he is exposed in anyway I think he will opt out in order to protect his draft status.

Big Z is gonna be a beast anyways, not worried
the sopranos smoking GIF

This is probably also why we made a YUGE push for Ivisic and even went to extremes to get him eligible, when we'd probably rather have just let him walk.

It's apparent how bad we need him now.. but thankfully he's 7-2 and we just need him to NOT let the paint get totally exposed.
We need him because our other two bigs are not dependable for multiple reasons. Cal even said in the interview this week that he's concerned about the five spot. Why would he be concerned if we're expecting both of our previous bigs back? Probably because Bradshaw's injury was only supposed to last through early September (August according to Bradshaw himself) but now here we are almost in mid-october and he's expected out another five or six weeks? This has the foul stench of Clutch sports all over it. If Bradshaw doesn't play this season Cal might as well pack his bags. No more Sharpe-level drama allowed.

I think he will play but if he is out too long he will be ineffective and a bigger disruption than help. We have seen that to be the case many times. I would as soon see Big Z be integrated into the system and share the 5 with Mitchell.

We need him because our other two bigs are not dependable for multiple reasons. Cal even said in the interview this week that he's concerned about the five spot. Why would he be concerned if we're expecting both of our previous bigs back? Probably because Bradshaw's injury was only supposed to last through early September (August according to Bradshaw himself) but now here we are almost in mid-october and he's expected out another five or six weeks? This has the foul stench of Clutch sports all over it. If Bradshaw doesn't play this season Cal might as well pack his bags. No more Sharpe-level drama allowed.
IF he is so worried about the 5 spot, why didn't he recruit someone to play it? Ugo is a raw project, Bradshaw, if he plays, will play outside. Yet he let legitimate centers go elsewhere. Mitchell dropped in his lap and isn't a center & neither is Z. Again, poor coaching & decision making, which will again haunt UK.

and ccc continues to allow those type of players to use UK, its facilities & its drawing power
He's not continuing to allow it. He encourages it. People are naive if they don't think his primary focus is getting kids drafted. Everything he's done lately - including letting players recuperate for far longer than anyone would expect - is aimed at the draft and the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT