ADVERTISEMENT

Cal says Ugo may start now….

Ah. I was assuming it was an aau organization or something.

Well Cal’s threatening to start Ugo and bench Bradshaw. So I guess we will find out. Edward’s is already bleeding minutes. He needs another year here bad
The one actual problem with Klutch that isn't a boogeyman is they can pull strings and arrange for teams to draft players they represent. So for example, they could basically guarantee Edwards he'll be draft even if it's second round if he goes pro.

The one actual problem with Klutch that isn't a boogeyman is they can pull strings and arrange for teams to draft players they represent. So for example, they could basically guarantee Edwards he'll be draft even if it's second round if he goes pro.
No way anyone takes Edwards, though. Not unless something drastically changes from now until end of the season.

Agency that represents Edwards and Bradshaw. I believe they also represented Sharpe, and ever since them this board things Cal does whatever Klutch tells him to.
Klutch represented Livingston, not sharpe. They also represent numerous other college athletes, many of whom don’t start

Literally every agency does when they can.

Bradshaw doesn't have the strength to use what skills he has – and he keeps jumping on opposing players' backs for f-n rebounds for some reason. Z is still in Euro Ball mode and needs time to get adjusted (F- the NCAA).

Ugo is the answer for now. He's not a world beater, but y'all are right. The defense is totally different with him out there. He doesn't have to be a scoring threat. He just needs to lock down the middle and take points when he gets them (like that blown play where he dunked tonight).

Did you all know that Anthony Davis took the 30th fewest shots and still got MVP?
Is euro ball slower paced than American ball?

Yep! Me and a select few others said he would be a vital part of this team and were mostly laughed at over it. Said Bradshaw wasn’t strong enough. Welp, here we are.
I was definitely in that club...both Ugo and Adou are justifying the faith I had in their game in the off season and last year (I thought both needed more minutes) with how they're playing this year

Is euro ball slower paced than American ball?
Not that I'm aware of. Big Blue Nation's Croatian just has a tendency to look for calls where there won't be any and also hangs on the rim. Not sure what else he's picked up from his time in Europe, but he needs more college minutes and a rule book before he's trusted with the keys full time.

Reactions: NociHTTP
And FIBA rules are a good deal different.. different enough that it will likely throw an 18-year old player off when he comes to play stateside.

BigZ is also probably thrown off.. like all of our players are.. when they realize the type of fouls kentucky gets. I feel like I've seen it from every single player that's come here.. that look of "wait, that's a foul here?"

He was able to get his big long arms up and contest shots.. May not block the shot, but it affecteda lot of shots.. That was huge. Bradshaw plays so low, he doesn't affect the shots.

Z needs the minutes, not Ugo. Ugo does not allow us to play the way we need to. His man never has to leave the paint. Z will pull his man out for certain. Z could be a dominant big man but will take some games for him to adjust but he’s not going to adjust sitting on the bench. He needs to be playing 15-20 minutes/game. If he isn’t showing any signs of coming around after several games then can look at Ugo and Z to split the minutes between them more. Z could be a major weapon but we may never know.

Reactions: TFCats11 and ib4ky
IF, IF, IF UGO starts, Cal CANNOT play Edwards and Wagner with Reeves and Mitchell!!!!!!!!!
IMO, you go with UGO, Mitchell, Reeves, Dilly and Shepherd. The four best shooters playing with your best defensive inside presence.

Now riding the pine for UK, RIVALS 2023 #2, #3, and #6 players...........
THAT WILL NEVER EVER HAPPEN, even though that may be the best compliment of starters for UK's success, right now!!!!!!
They have to play, otherwise you have no depth…

They have to play, otherwise you have no depth…
Edwards and Bradshaw could ride the bench and we still have a solid 8 man rotation. Bradshaw at 9 if needed but he really isn’t bringing much value to the team. Hes too weak on the interior and if you want him in the game to extend the floor then Z is much better option for that. Bradshaw plays when Z is in foul trouble or to give Z a small rest when needed. Ugo plays when you want/need an interior defensive presence.

Needs to cuz Bradshaw isn’t the answer at the 5….Ugo brings what we need desperately ….DEFENSE !!!

Pick n roll defense was soo much better tonite cuz of Ugo.
Definitely played way better defense tonight. Still need to rebound way better and get our offense on track. I noticed we really started pushing with about 10 minutes left in the first half but we missed so many shots, a couple were fouls not called but we missed bunnies.

Edwards and Bradshaw could ride the bench and we still have a solid 8 man rotation. Bradshaw at 9 if needed but he really isn’t bringing much value to the team. Hes too weak on the interior and if you want him in the game to extend the floor then Z is much better option for that. Bradshaw plays when Z is in foul trouble or to give Z a small rest when needed. Ugo plays when you want/need an interior defensive presence.
Exactly this. I’d still like for Z to get minutes. His skill level overall is great.

Cal- Klutch is on line 3.
Remember...he sees better than he hears... [laughing]

UlMbr26.png

Reactions: UKortho
I'm not against this. He started the 2nd half, it wasn't horrible. The problem is he is a 7 footer that played 25 mins but only had 6 rebounds.

I've never understood why people think klutch has that type of control, especially in the age of NIL. It's simply not true.
They can direct recruits. Tick them off and no more of their guys. Which I would be fine with. They can recommend their guys transfer also. They do have some leverage.

Imo Bradshaw is clearly the worst of the 3. A concerning lack of rebounding for his size, but that's due to a concerning lack of strength. Ugh is a much better defender and rebounder and physical presence.

Bradshaw is a decent shooter for his size but z is way better while also being better at everything else.

To cals credit he stuck with Ugo at the expense of the other guys, especially z who barely played

I think Cal said this to probably try and motivate Bradshaw to be better, not sure if he serious or not.

Reactions: K_TIME
Bradshaw is another overrated 5 star kinder like Edwards.
Yeah, but I wonder too whether it was reasonable to put such high expectations on freshmen based on recruiting rankings?

Aren’t recruiting rankings just projections? And not only that, but my understanding is that they’re projections of future pro potential as much (or more) than expected performance and production even simply in comparison to other incoming freshmen. So, I’m wondering what other freshmen that were ranked much lower than the top ranked guys are greatly outperforming the top ranked guys so far this season?

Last edited:
Onyenso is tied with Erik Daniels on the career blocking list at #54 with 39 blocks He has that in far less than 1/4 the number of games. There are a lot of players on that list above him that managed to have quite a few more than him in a single season but this is Kentucky and Onyenso really hasn't played very many minutes.

Imo Bradshaw is clearly the worst of the 3. A concerning lack of rebounding for his size, but that's due to a concerning lack of strength. Ugh is a much better defender and rebounder and physical presence.

Bradshaw is a decent shooter for his size but z is way better while also being better at everything else.

To cals credit he stuck with Ugo at the expense of the other guys, especially z who barely played
Bradshaw is not a shooter. How many layups and dunks does he miss?

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
He played 2 minutes, he didn’t have time to look lost. I think he did grab a couple boards in his 2 minutes. He got beat on the baseline by his man one time, got yanked and never played again. In 2 minutes you don’t have time to look lost.
Calipari just went with the steadiest 5 in the 2nd half. If you looked lost or bewildered you didn't play in the 2nd half. He wasn't punishing Z.

Reactions: ukcatz12 and davtay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT