ADVERTISEMENT

Greenberg expects Oscar back…

Lol… we’d have to score 150 to win.
We add Dickinson, and Oscar returns.

Oscar stretches his shot out to 3pt range (like PPat did).
On offense, one or the other steps out 18-21' with the other in the paint, switching back & forth.
On defense, Cal hires a zone AC (maybe one of Boeheim's guys), and (even though I prefer man) we play a 3-2 (not a 2-3) with 3 guys around the 3pt line and those 2 manning the paint.
Bradshaw can back them both up, and depending on Collins return or not, play 10-20mpg.
When we do play m2m D, Dickinson guards the C, Oscar guards the PF.

• Haha
Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
I hope Oscar comes back (warts and all)...but I have to agree with this statement. Cal put out what he did before Oscar said a thing....so I'm guess he's not back at UK.

But a lineup of

PG - Wagner
SG - Reeves
SF - Edwards
PF -Bradshaw
C - Oscar

Bench
Shep
Dilly (I know he'd not likely play off bench)
Ware
Thiero

I'd love to see that and go to war with that group

That bench is nowhere near good enough.

Ware as our only backup big, expecting him to play 20-25 MPG?

That starting lineup is elite, but Dilly is the only guy on that bench who I think can actually contribute to a championship team.

Ware and Thiero cannot be counted on to actually log any minutes.

Need to go get another big (even if Oscar returns), and another 3 & D guy.

I'd like to see a UK team with balance that looks something like this:

G - Wagner - 12 ppg
G - Reeves - 12 ppg
F - Edwards - 12 ppg
F - Bradshaw - 9 ppg
C - Oscar - 13 ppg
-----
Dillingham - 8 ppg
Stretch four from portal - 6 ppg
Thiero - 4 ppg
Sheppard - 4 ppg
Ware - 2 ppg

On offense, one or the other steps out 18-21' with the other in the paint, switching back & forth.
On defense, Cal hires a zone AC (maybe one of Boeheim's guys), and (even though I prefer man) we play a 3-2 (not a 2-3) with 3 guys around the 3pt line and those 2 manning the paint.
Bradshaw can back them both up, and depending on Collins return or not, play 10-20mpg.

Bradshaw is more talented than both of them. 😂😂😂

You want him as a 4? He’s a rim running, athletic 5 who can space the floor a little when needed IMO. He can protect the rim. In the era of the versatile 4 who can put it on the floor, consistently hit 3s and handle the ball well enough to put it on the floor - I don’t think he can do any of those things at the 4. I’d also question his agility and quickness to guard the 4 out to the perimeter.

I don’t know why people are overthinking this kid. I think Bradshaw is maybe the best center in this class and is the exact sort of center Cals best teams had. It’s clear Cal plans on a Freshman heavy lineup even though I highly question that in todays game. If we assume Reeves returns and Collins and Oscar are gone - which is what I think happens and with that assumption UK needs a starting PF, a decent backup C, and a knockdown SG from the portal. I’d start Bradshaw, Transfer, Edwards, Reeves, Wagner.
I’ve only seen him in the McDonalds game and he’s not a 5 based on that.

This could be the funniest thing I've ever read.

Good point, some guy commented on it saying 3 players are committing in that time frame and sometime next week somebody big is entering the portal

It’s likely going to be:

Starters

G Dillingham
G Wagner
F Edwards
F Bradshaw
F Tshiebwe or Transfer

Reserves

G Sheppard
G Reeves or Transfer
G Thiero
F Collins or Transfer
F Ware

Would like to see Collins back and making a big jump from his Sophomore to Junior year. Like a Richards type jump. That would be nice.

I also want to see us get a stretch 4 from the portal. Someone like Sestina or Willis. Someone who will give us 10-15 minutes off the bench, knock down some big shots and not pout on the bench when he doesn’t get to play for long stretches. A team player ready to shoot when he does get to play.
That team with Oscar looks a whole lot better then or transfer at the 5 huh? We lose Oscar any shot of the title is out the window.

That team with Oscar looks a whole lot better then or transfer at the 5 huh? We lose Oscar any shot of the title is out the window.
Probably depends on who the transfer is, but I think we probably have a down grade offensively if we lose Tshiebwe. Might see a defensive upgrade, though.

Also, now it looks like Onyenso will be back if Tshiebwe leaves. That would be a downgrade offensively and an upgrade defensively, most likely as long as Onyenso is as good as advertised at shot blocking/rim protecting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT