ADVERTISEMENT

Greenberg expects Oscar back…

Love Oscar but I don't see him back.I think he and Cal were never fully on the same page this past season.Not sure what happened but I do think Cal would prefer if Oscar left.I can see him using his final season elsewhere and wouldn't be shocked at all if he enters the portal.

Can't imagine Cal wants it. I think he's definitely retiring or moving on after next year and wanted a team full of freshman that won't push back on anything he says.

Would love to see it, though! Love watching him play.

Last edited:
Greenberg is clueless. Didn't CCC just announce Oscar will be testing the draft process?

Or, in other words, he's gonna push Oscar out...
I hope Oscar comes back (warts and all)...but I have to agree with this statement. Cal put out what he did before Oscar said a thing....so I'm guess he's not back at UK.

But a lineup of

PG - Wagner
SG - Reeves
SF - Edwards
PF -Bradshaw
C - Oscar

Bench
Shep
Dilly (I know he'd not likely play off bench)
Ware
Thiero

I'd love to see that and go to war with that group

Reactions: Fox2monk and chroix
Love Oscar but he's proven two years in a row because of his defensive deficiencies we can't even win the SEC with him, much less go deep in March.
Smash, love you like the brother I never had but that's zero sum thinking ie Oscar is a poor defender so UK can't win big. Ignores all the other variables that resulted in UK not winni g big last year.

I'd love to have Oscar's reliable production back, especially his exceptional rebounding.

Oscar is a team chemistry killer. We will never win anything of any substance with Oscar here. He is loved by the fans, rightfully so, but he needs to leave.
I think this is fair.Oscar is beloved by the fans but I think he has a different attitude with his teammates.Obviously there was some discord this past season.If Oscar and Dickinson are on the same team with attitude issues with teammates then it's over before it starts.

• Wow
Reactions: ruppsrunt66
For a six week period during the 2022 season -- with Oscar in the paint -- Kentucky was indisputably the best team in college basketball, surrounding Oscar with Wheeler, Grady, Brooks and Washington. That team destroyed UNC-Cheats on a neutral floor and Kansas at Phog -- the two finalists in that year's tournament -- beat Tennessee by 30, and so on.

So the claim that Kentucky can't be a championship team with Oscar is provably false. I don't think Oscar ever fully recovered from the pre-season surgery last year. The season starts, every day brings its physical stress, and you never get to 100 percent.

Surround him with Wagner, Dillingham, Reeves, Edwards, Bradshaw, Thiero, Sheppard and a proven 40 percent shooter from the portal who can be what Fredrick was supposed to be. Hope for good luck, for a change.

I'm all for it. If for no other reason than it pisses Calipari off.
I've said it before...Oscar should call a press conference ASAP and announce he is returning. Would love to see Calipari squirm after that. What could he do? Publicly say he didn't want Oscar back? Fans would march to Calipari's house with torches and pitchforks! LOL! Calipari could bury Oscar on the bench and be criticized all season for not playing him. And Oscar would still get paid! Perfect!

I'm all for it. If for no other reason than it pisses Calipari off.
I've said it before...Oscar should call a press conference ASAP and announce he is returning. Would love to see Calipari squirm after that. What could he do? Publicly say he didn't want Oscar back? Fans would march to Calipari's house with torches and pitchforks! LOL! Calipari could bury Oscar on the bench and be criticized all season for not playing him. And Oscar would still get paid! Perfect!
What a great fan!

• Haha
Reactions: ruppsrunt66
Playing Oscar at the 4 would be an absolute nightmare.

You guys have tried Oscar for 2 years and its been 2 of the most frustrating years in recent UK basketball memory. If I'm a UK fan I'm praying Oscar doesn't come back. He's not versatile enough to move around - he's a Center. Remember when he said he was coming back last Summer to show his versatility and shooting?

He is what he is and what he is hold UKs offense and defense back. He's a great ambassador for the program but its in everyone's best interest to not do this again.

Playing Oscar at the 4 would be an absolute nightmare.

You guys have tried Oscar for 2 years and its been 2 of the most frustrating years in recent UK basketball memory. If I'm a UK fan I'm praying Oscar doesn't come back. He's not versatile enough to move around - he's a Center. Remember when he said he was coming back last Summer to show his versatility and shooting?

He is what he is and what he is hold UKs offense and defense back. He's a great ambassador for the program but its in everyone's best interest to not do this again.
No doubt . I do think a four that crashes the boards and stays out of the lane might be a good role , and it’s what he’d do in the pros . I’d still have concerns defensively.

This makes zero sense, why would Calipari go after Dickinson if Oscar was returning? Unless Oscar comes off the bench, which would never happen. A team with Dickinson and Oscar on the floor at the same time would be catastrophic on the defensive end.

Reactions: EliteBlue
No doubt . I do think a four that crashes the boards and stays out of the lane might be a good role , and it’s what he’d do in the pros . I’d still have concerns defensively.
I think Dickinson is a horrible fit for UK as well but if its between Hunter and Oscar and I'm UK? I'm throwing bags of cash at Hunter 10/10 times because he at least brings something different from Oscar.

Its easy to say that because I don't think UK is a serious option for Dickinson but I'm just saying if you're picking between the two.

I hope Oscar comes back (warts and all)...but I have to agree with this statement. Cal put out what he did before Oscar said a thing....so I'm guess he's not back at UK.

But a lineup of

PG - Wagner
SG - Reeves
SF - Edwards
PF -Bradshaw
C - Oscar

Bench
Shep
Dilly (I know he'd not likely play off bench)
Ware
Thiero

I'd love to see that and go to war with that group
Switch Dillingham and Reeves, he will come off the bench. He seemed to do better with that role. Dillingham can break his man down off the dribble much better.

But will Cal actually take Oscar back?

I think Dickinson is a horrible fit for UK as well but if its between Hunter and Oscar and I'm UK? I'm throwing bags of cash at Hunter 10/10 times because he at least brings something different from Oscar.

Its easy to say that because I don't think UK is a serious option for Dickinson but I'm just saying if you're picking between the two.
The dude leaving Oregon has the most upside

The dude leaving Oregon has the most upside
Yep. I think he'd be perfect for UK...BUT....UK needs to recruit a versatile 4 and not another center. They need a depth Center - which Ugonna was perfect for. But the plan should be to start Bradshaw at the 5, a transfer 4 who can shoot and put the ball on the floor, Edwards at the 3 and then Reeves or Dillingham and Wagner at the guard spots - I'd start Reeves.

Bradshaw is the Center. He's perfect for Cal's 5 spot and I don't understand why there's been this move to move guys around and make them things they aren't. You don't want Bradshaw on the perimeter - he has no ball handling skills and I'd wager his shooting would be wildly inconsistent.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Not wanting Oscar back is just insane to me. He is the greatest rebounder in the modern era IMO. He has his limitations, but he's also a 20pts 20reb game waiting to happen. Please baby Jebus give me Oscar back!

dg4gj.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT