ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer....the sequel

I loved 3 Points but they weren't as good as Taft's, 50W or Madtree either. I drove by a couple times. They have Broadway blocked off between 12th and 13th so you have to go east a block with all the one way streets in Pendleton. It might be bigger than Braxton on 6th Street in Covington, but not by much with the rooftop open.

Madtree has to be the biggest tap room by far, hell it's built like an airplane hanger but parking is insane so I haven't been back in a while. I haven't been to many of them since the pandemic except 50W and Wooden Cask at the Levee. Most all close early downtown which really negates the cool outdoor seating at some of them. Brewdog looks really cool from the street btw.
Brewdog is awesome. Super cool space, good beer and maybe the best food of all the breweries. I think Rhingeist has the biggest space then madtree for sure. Both of tafts are huge as well. Braxton's Covington space is big but the brew equipment takes up alot of room. The rooftop patio is nice but I wish it had a bathroom like Rhingeist. You would think 5 million would've bought one of those lol.

Brewdog is awesome. Super cool space, good beer and maybe the best food of all the breweries. I think Rhingeist has the biggest space then madtree for sure. Both of tafts are huge as well. Braxton's Covington space is big but the brew equipment takes up alot of room. The rooftop patio is nice but I wish it had a bathroom like Rhingeist. You would think 5 million would've bought one of those lol.
Idk about that comparison for the same reasons that Braxton has limited seating. I do know I'd rather be at Madtree this time of year vs Rhinegeist and not just for the beers. I was fairly miserable at Rhinegeist about a year ago with all the heat and poor circulation. Their new location in Camp Washington might be a lot cooler.

Martin House Best Maid Sour Pickle Beer. Indeed, unusual. Very similar to pickle juice, but with an alcohol kick. Essentially a salty gose. One is great for the novelty effect. Additional servings thereafter depend on individual tolerances.

9d80b6d546d1b5d3e5af66fcee0581b0_640x640.jpg

Martin House Best Maid Sour Pickle Beer. Indeed, unusual. Very similar to pickle juice, but with an alcohol kick. Essentially a salty gose. One is great for the novelty effect. Additional servings thereafter depend on individual tolerances.

9d80b6d546d1b5d3e5af66fcee0581b0_640x640.jpg
I tried a local one and struggled to finish it. No worries, Marzen's are back! Wish Sam Adams tap room was open though. They have a great patio.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
West Sixth Low Beam and Hop Static have both been on my regular list lately. Nosferatu is out and good this year. Always enjoy some Old Chub, too. Founder’s Breakfast Stout stays in my fridge and am enjoying some Harvest Ale.

50W has a 7.1% brown ale that's as tasty and complex as any I've tried in that style.
EkUqYWuXgAEHVPV.jpg
Can't wait to go there before a Reds game next season. Haven't been in there yet. Done Rhinegeist and the ones around GABP and PBS like Moerlein. I did the Cincy Underground tour and sampled whatever brewery we ended up at the end (red brick inside)

Reactions: jameslee32
Can't wait to go there before a Reds game next season. Haven't been in there yet. Done Rhinegeist and the ones around GABP and PBS like Moerlein. I did the Cincy Underground tour and sampled whatever brewery we ended up at the end (red brick inside)
About a 20 min drive to the ballpark alongside both the Little Miami and Ohio Rivers although you really don't see the Little Miami unless you cross a bridge. Therefore I'd suggest starting at Little Miami Brewery and working your way west on route 50 into downtown. That will take about 30 minutes driving but worth it.

Reactions: CB3UK
I've been saying the brewpub trend is past peak, but this is surprising. If any place in the region would be considered a "destination" brewery, it's them. It's crazy to me that places like Three Floyd's and Against The Grain are closed but BJ's is going right along. That place has the beer quality of an Alabama Speed-e Mart.

I've been saying the brewpub trend is past peak, but this is surprising. If any place in the region would be considered a "destination" brewery, it's them. It's crazy to me that places like Three Floyd's and Against The Grain are closed but BJ's is going right along. That place has the beer quality of an Alabama Speed-e Mart.
You mean BJs Brewhouse? We've got one here in Austin. It depends on what you order. Most of their house beers are contract brewed.

Many breweries in Austin are still open, albeit with social distancing restrictions. I drank a couple beers in Knoxville at Schulz-Brau on November 25. Sat outside with a relative. Same thing with social distancing there.

You mean BJs Brewhouse? We've got one here in Austin. It depends on what you order. Most of their house beers are contract brewed.

Many breweries in Austin are still open, albeit with social distancing restrictions. I drank a couple beers in Knoxville at Schulz-Brau on November 25. Sat outside with a relative. Same thing with social distancing there.
Yes. I've been to the one in Lexington twice and was pretty disappointed. The food was fine but I really didn't like any beer I ordered. Every one seemed like a bulk brewed version of the category if that makes sense.

The Apple Cider beer they have at Oaken Barrel in Indy is pretty good. 9.5% I believe but they only let you get 2 glasses which is a bummer.

Headed to Lex .. Prob Mirror Twin , Rock House .. any other suggestions other than Country Boy . I'm totally unimpressed with their line .

I prefer Ethereal in Lexington. Followed by West 6th and Mirror Twin. I don’t feel like Country Boy or Blue Stallion have it figured out as far as the IPA is concerned.

just my humble opinion. Cheers

I like Mirror Twins atmosphere but not their beer. It has gotten better since when they opened but otherwise not my thing. I still like going there because of the atmosphere.

I agree with above. Ethereal is my favorite all around. West 6th IMO has the best beer, but its a bit too lib and hipster for me.

Country Boy usually always has good music, I just havent been there in a long time because it was always too crowded to find seating. The beer is good. They have things figured out. I love their Gtown setup but I'm not gonna drive out to Gtown to drink for obvious reasons lol

ADVERTISEMENT