ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer....the sequel

Founders Curmudgeon's Better Half. 12.7% ABV. Absolutely stellar. Perfect combo of bready malt, maple, bourbon, raisin, molasses. Awesome. Highly recommended.

b6ef73adb31fd0bbe11a7c5fd64eeea1_640x640.jpg

Just got back from my 3 day Charlotte trip. We went to 14 breweries in total. There are some awesome venues there. I still think cincinnati has the best beer around but it was fun. The coolest spots were Protagonist, OMB, Ghost face and Wooden robot. Really good atmospheres there and some good food. The best beer to me was from Ghost face and 11 lakes.

Just got back from my 3 day Charlotte trip. We went to 14 breweries in total. There are some awesome venues there. I still think cincinnati has the best beer around but it was fun. The coolest spots were Protagonist, OMB, Ghost face and Wooden robot. Really good atmospheres there and some good food. The best beer to me was from Ghost face and 11 lakes.
Just 14?? 😏

During my trip back to KY earlier this month, I stocked up on KY-brewed beers (cans) for upcoming football season. Purchased the suds at Scottsville Rd. Kroger location in Bowling Green. Secured enough "game brew", which should last through at least week 7 if carefully rationed. Also picked up some Brewdogs and Kentucky Beer Cheese. My stash survived the 910 mile journey back to ATX. Chilling in the fridge for next 35 days.

Go Cats!

216001631_10224458673874968_2704161466397921795_n.jpg

During my trip back to KY earlier this month, I stocked up on KY-brewed beers (cans) for upcoming football season. Purchased the suds at Scottsville Rd. Kroger location in Bowling Green. Secured enough "game brew", which should last through at least week 7 if carefully rationed. Also picked up some Brewdogs and Kentucky Beer Cheese. My stash survived the 910 mile journey back to ATX. Chilling in the fridge for next 35 days.

Go Cats!

That's one heck of a good haul. That's a tour of Kentucky in one cart.

Reactions: AustinTXCat

Go Cats!

The Brewdog Juicy is the best of that group that I can see.

Go Cats!

On second thought, surprised Bert hadn’t bought all the good stuff 😉

• Haha
Ok, this isn't about great beer. Maybe it's just a good beer post: Went to Trader Joe's. I try to always buy locals but couldn't handle another IPA. Simpler Times lager is pretty good. BA reviews are either snobs crapping on it or people calling them out. Yes it's a bulk beer but I'm going to keep some around. This one is making me question some BA reviewers. Just wondering what folks here think because brands, prices, and exclusivity have never been big deals to me.

Ok, this isn't about great beer. Maybe it's just a good beer post: Went to Trader Joe's. I try to always buy locals but couldn't handle another IPA. Simpler Times lager is pretty good. BA reviews are either snobs crapping on it or people calling them out. Yes it's a bulk beer but I'm going to keep some around. This one is making me question some BA reviewers. Just wondering what folks here think because brands, prices, and exclusivity have never been big deals to me.
We've got a Trader Joe's 5 miles away. Have not stopped in a couple years. In fact, I've visited Lexington Trader Joe's since my last trip to our TJ here in ATX. Yeah, probably around 4 years or so. Heard about Simpler Times. Plan on picking up a sixer soon. It's a craft brew. TJ usually contracts decent brewers and wineries for their own labels. Problem with BA and even Untappd focus on the "influencers" and other snobs. If you venture outside their parameters, then they make you aware in an unfortunate public manner.

Reactions: Rebelfreedomeagle
Really thinking that Northway Brewing is Upstate NY's best beer maker. It's located just outside of Lake George in the Adirondacks. Stopped there yesterday after day tripping.

They were selling a Dark Lager (A lager that tastes like a stout) that was delicious. AND a 24 16oz case for $30. Some of these beer places charge you not much less than if you ordered the beer at a bar.

I'm sure theres some other smaller breweries I haven't had much of, that might be better.. But Northway just has a great selection, good prices, and some of my favorite stouts.

513c36b4fa5074ce74301e2a620523bc_1280x1280.jpg

Not the best can art though...

On a side note, Bullitt County is soon to open their first brewery in Mt Washington. Gallant Fox Brewing is going where the old Karate place used to be. I am pumped to say the least. Don't have to go far for a growler. They have a little place out in the Clifton area. Never had one of their beers. I should go and check it out as it's right around the corner from where my Daughter lives.

Anyone here brew their own beer? Been thinking for a while about getting into it. I will go BIAB as it takes much less equipment. A good buddy of mine used to brew his own and it was fantastic. He did the porters and stouts, which is my favorite.

On a side note, Bullitt County is soon to open their first brewery in Mt Washington. Gallant Fox Brewing is going where the old Karate place used to be. I am pumped to say the least. Don't have to go far for a growler. They have a little place out in the Clifton area. Never had one of their beers. I should go and check it out as it's right around the corner from where my Daughter lives.
Big fan of Gallant Fox. Low key brewery with good variety. Their 8 Bit Pale Ale is up there among my favorite locally

Reactions: BC_Wader
Big fan of Gallant Fox. Low key brewery with good variety. Their 8 Bit Pale Ale is up there among my favorite locally
Cut my beer teeth on IPAs. I can't drink them anymore. My palate has changed. They just tear my stomach up anymore. I have always been partial to stouts and porters, though I've been getting into heffe's, dunkels, and belgians more and more.

Reactions: bkingUK
Cut my beer teeth on IPAs. I can't drink them anymore. My palate has changed. They just tear my stomach up anymore. I have always been partial to stouts and porters, though I've been getting into heffe's, dunkels, and belgians more and more.
I’m getting close to that point. I love IPAs but they guarantee regret. Might be getting old

• Haha
Reactions: BC_Wader
ADVERTISEMENT