ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer....the sequel

Did a Northcountry Brew tour (NY) with a few buddies right before COVID hit. Adirondack, Northway, Common Roots, Mean Max, Davidson, Single Cut. Nothing out of this world.. but Northway has some good shit. They had a few stouts that were great. Burly Beard Oatmeal Stout and a Chocolate and Cherry Stout. I would recommend their beer. Perfect for cold ass Adirondack winters.

Also, anyone join one of these online beer clubs? I just joined Shaker and Spoon for craft cocktails.. and I hear there's some real good clubs that send you hard to find beer, that you really cant get unless you live near the region.
If you are into cherry stouts you have try the Cherry Cordial stout from Woodburn brewing out of Cincinnati. It's the best that I have had. Great balance and body

Reactions: jameslee32
Come on down. You can couchsurf here with our psycho, bird-catching dog. Breweries should reopen next week. Before this pandemic, six breweries were located within 2-mile walking distance from our place. I'll know more next week after they come back online.

Austin -- you have a Untapped profile ? -- Friend me .. ManitouDan

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Request sent from Beerhunter101. Thanks.

I haven't graded 25 % of what I've tasted . Sometime I do , sometimes I don't , went to a share last night with a few guys that come up with high end highly rated stuff all the time .. they were on stouts and DIPA's and TIPA's last night .. so dang good.

Come on down. You can couchsurf here with our psycho, bird-catching dog. Breweries should reopen next week. Before this pandemic, six breweries were located within 2-mile walking distance from our place. I'll know more next week after they come back online.
Wow! Brewery heaven! But that would be my last solo trip as a married man.

Hey AustinTXCat. I’ve been in Austin for 6 years now. What Breweries do you like down here? I think my girlfriend and I are going to Pinthouse tomorrow for some pizza and Electric Jellyfish!

If you are into cherry stouts you have try the Cherry Cordial stout from Woodburn brewing out of Cincinnati. It's the best that I have had. Great balance and body
On the flip side, didn't at all care for the cherry brew at Sam Adams brewery. You can of course find something good there and the place is stellar. Helps to have a million dollars to renovate.

Reactions: KARLITO12
Hey AustinTXCat. I’ve been in Austin for 6 years now. What Breweries do you like down here? I think my girlfriend and I are going to Pinthouse tomorrow for some pizza and Electric Jellyfish!
Electric Jellyfish is good.

Adelbert's and Black Star Coop, with some colleagues from work. Brewtorium a couple times yearly, also with work mates. We have not visited Adelbert's since early March. 4th Tap about 1-2 times per year. I usually walk or bike. Celis is open and I may visit Memorial Day weekend, also within biking/walking distance (2 miles).

I really like Austin Beerworks They are located 3 miles from our place. Many options in our part of ATX.

I've been drinking alot of Braxton's Hop Fit lately. It's a low calorie ipa that tastes like one that is 6.5 % apv. Pretty awesome. A few other breweries have something similar. Definitely recommend it if you are trying to get fit and drink beer. Only 100 calories

Here's an interesting Texas entry: Lone Star Rio Jade. 4.5% ABV. Light malts. Light Citrus. Decent. Although brew by Pabst these days, I'm happy this old horse has branched out a bit.

4b1056d6a8bd5c2a67db237daf5e5221_640x640.jpg

Reactions: Punkin Puss
Currently at Ethereal Brewing and Public House in downtown Lex. Beer is excellent. Wish more outdoor seating existed. Only two benches.
That whole area outside with picnic tables is theres. I was there last Saturday, plenty of seating out there. Yes the beer is delicious there.

That whole area outside with picnic tables is theres. I was there last Saturday, plenty of seating out there. Yes the beer is delicious there.
Across from Jeff Ruby's on Vine St near the bus station? Love the other place more on Manchester at the old distillery. Good time. Great service at both. I hated sitting inside on a nice day. My daughter and her cousin dropped me off at public house on Vine. At least I got to walk over to Dupree on Main and chat a bit with those folks.

Reactions: Rebelfreedomeagle
Across from Jeff Ruby's on Vine St near the bus station? Love the other place more on Manchester at the old distillery. Good time. Great service at both. I hated sitting inside on a nice day. My daughter and her cousin dropped me off at public house on Vine. At least I got to walk over to Dupree on Main and chat a bit with those folks.
Ohhhhhh. Thats their new remote tap house location. That opened mere weeks ago if that. I cannot attest to the veracity of your seating statement for that location [laughing]

Ohhhhhh. Thats their new remote tap house location. That opened mere weeks ago if that. I cannot attest to the veracity of your seating statement for that location [laughing]
Same. I didn't know they opened another location. Been a couple years for me.

Braxton is on #4 though so not too surprising. Fastest growing in the Nati.

Reactions: Rebelfreedomeagle
Same. I didn't know they opened another location. Been a couple years for me.

Braxton is on #4 though so not too surprising. Fastest growing in the Nati.
I just havent had a Braxton beer I really liked yet. We get all of them in Lex.

How is 50W? They sponsor one of the Bengals or Reds podcasts I listen to. Its my to do next time I come up there for a game.

I give them props because I've never had anything bad from them. That's a pretty good accomplishment these days. Their winter sampler was really pretty solid.

Tried Narragansett lager for the first time. That's going in my "lawm mowing" category. I tried it on a whim but that's a damn solid lager. Nice and refreshing since it's hot AF .

How is 50W? They sponsor one of the Bengals or Reds podcasts I listen to. Its my to do next time I come up there for a game.
I love 50W beers personally. One of my faves in town. Braxton and Rhinegeist have good locations and decent beers but probably not in my Top 5 before the pandemic.

It will be interesting to see who survives and thrives in this environment.

Has anyone tried Wooden Cask from Newport, KY? I've tried their lager and IPA and both have been great.
I like their beers. They specialize in Scottish ales and I like that style which helps. They recently opened a much smaller 2nd location at Newport on the Levee.

50 west is awesome. One of the best breweries in Cincinnati imo. Their sours and ipas are great. Very well rounded brewery. Super cool place too

I love 50W beers personally. One of my faves in town. Braxton and Rhinegeist have good locations and decent beers but probably not in my Top 5 before the pandemic.

It will be interesting to see who survives and thrives in this environment.
You should try Northern Row. Its 300 feet from Rhingeist. Very cool space and some damn solid beers. Definitely worth checking out, as is Samuel Adams which is also close by.

I went to Third Eye brewing in Sharronville this weekend for the first time. They have a really nice place, good food and damn solid brew. I was very impressed. Definitely one of my favorite spots I've been to and I will be back. They got their brewer from Brink which is probably the best small brewery in Cincinnati. Great staff and very organized for a place that's only been open for 2 weeks.

You should try Northern Row. Its 300 feet from Rhingeist. Very cool space and some damn solid beers. Definitely worth checking out, as is Samuel Adams which is also close by.
I remember when it became news then forgot all about it. Can't wait until then because I know exactly where it is in OTR!

Been to Sam's a couple times. Beautiful space with a great location. I need to go back and see what they have on tap by Dogfish Head.

I went to Third Eye brewing in Sharronville this weekend for the first time. They have a really nice place, good food and damn solid brew. I was very impressed. Definitely one of my favorite spots I've been to and I will be back. They got their brewer from Brink which is probably the best small brewery in Cincinnati. Great staff and very organized for a place that's only been open for 2 weeks.
Brink is great! I need to see more breweries up north. I was in Mason this morning running errands. I doubt I need GPS to find just about any of them from here to Dayton. Lived up there for 8 years and been working in Cincy for decades.

Madtree is a awesome all around brewery. Great space, food and they have the biggest selection of self made brews I've seen. I believe they have up to 32 of their own stuff to choose from. Very impressive

At Humble Monk brewing right now. Right across from Urban Artifact. Cool little spot if you are looking for a change of pace from UA.

I was wondering why 3 Points Urban hadn't reopened yet. Evidently they have sold their space to Braxton Brewing. If true this would give Braxton 4. This space would be way bigger than any of their others. Being in Pendleton puts them very close to Brewdog, Rhingeist and many other very fine breweries. Although I will miss 3 points this should be for the best

Braxton has some amazing beers but you have to go the brewery to get them. Their canned stuff is not very good. Most breweries flagship stuff that they can is dated. Same for Rhingeist and madtree. If you want the best stuff a brewery offers you have to go to the taproom. Braxton labs has small batch stuff is amazing. Problem is that most stuff they do is only done once, no matter how good it is

I was wondering why 3 Points Urban hadn't reopened yet. Evidently they have sold their space to Braxton Brewing. If true this would give Braxton 4. This space would be way bigger than any of their others. Being in Pendleton puts them very close to Brewdog, Rhingeist and many other very fine breweries. Although I will miss 3 points this should be for the best
I loved 3 Points but they weren't as good as Taft's, 50W or Madtree either. I drove by a couple times. They have Broadway blocked off between 12th and 13th so you have to go east a block with all the one way streets in Pendleton. It might be bigger than Braxton on 6th Street in Covington, but not by much with the rooftop open.

Madtree has to be the biggest tap room by far, hell it's built like an airplane hanger but parking is insane so I haven't been back in a while. I haven't been to many of them since the pandemic except 50W and Wooden Cask at the Levee. Most all close early downtown which really negates the cool outdoor seating at some of them. Brewdog looks really cool from the street btw.

ADVERTISEMENT