ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer....the sequel

Couple other decent ones for winter.

YuleTide by Royal Docks...picked up in Cleveland on business trip in December.

Christkindl by Christian Moerlein...great stuff.

Brewery wise, highly recommend Rhinegesit in Cincinnati. Awesome brewery. I only like a couple of their beers but the brewery itself is really cool.

Reactions: KARLITO12
Had a beer once from liquor barn called chili beer - I think it had a chili pepper in it.
Had one from Taft's last winter at the brewery and it was surprisingly good. Gold Star Chili sponsored an event there with giveaways. I use the ball cap when cutting grass.

Brewery wise, highly recommend Rhinegesit in Cincinnati. Awesome brewery. I only like a couple of their beers but the brewery itself is really cool.
My cousins hit up Moerlein last week. They loved it.

Country Boy has a Habanero beer called Nacho Bait that is some good stuff too....different from anything I've ever had, been around a while. If you haven't tried it IMO it is one of those things you love or hate, no in between.

you are correct - I’m. A Pepper head - but that shit was AWFUL

Reactions: AustinTXCat

Rhingeist is a very popular brewery. Huge and plenty of options. Good ipas and sours. The roof patio is cool. It gets crazy packed though. I haven't tried their food yet.
I also enjoy going to Fretboard, Brink and Woodburn as well.

Reactions: ManitouDan
off the chart good , very complex, full bodied and certainly for sipping only —15.2 % .

My god.. 15%?!

Im not going to even pretend.. i dont think I've ever been able to enjoy a beer over 11-12%. At that point, its not beer for me, and I'd rather just drink Bourbon or wine.

Reactions: jameslee32
My god.. 15%?!

Im not going to even pretend.. i dont think I've ever been able to enjoy a beer over 11-12%. At that point, its not beer for me, and I'd rather just drink Bourbon or wine.

I’m not even an experienced stout lover - but this one is surprisingly drinkable for its high booze content

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
My god.. 15%?!

Dude! You'd be shocked. SHOCKED! If I admitted some of the crap I've drank after UK wins and losses.....

Love ya, Coach Stoops and Coach Cal.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Country Boy has a Habanero beer called Nacho Bait that is some good stuff too....different from anything I've ever had, been around a while. If you haven't tried it IMO it is one of those things you love or hate, no in between.
Nacho Bait is fantastic. It burns all the way down. So good. Easy to drink more than one for sure.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
you are correct - I’m. A Pepper head - but that shit was AWFUL

Totally get ya. I really only like Nacho Bait from Country Boy...Shotgun Wedding ok, but that is about it for me.

I'm limited because i dont care for IPA's, never have.

I'm much more of a bourbon guy TBH.

Actually.. i do think Ive had stouts that got to 12ish.. and thats about the only ones that taste good at that level. Ive had some of the bourbon ales and belgium style at that percentage and couldn't do it.

Im on a pseudo dry January at the moment :/

Just went to High Grain brewing in Silverton Ohio. Fantastic place. Awesome beer and food. Definitely one of the most underrated breweries in Ohio for sure.

Has anyone mentioned frangelic mountain brown from founders? Have I? [roll]I’m drinking it again tonight and I love it! Amazing beer! $10-12 for a 4 pack.
fmb.png

Anyone tried the Dogfish Head American Beauty Hazy IPA? Saw it for the first time and am going to try it tonight.
Had it at the Village Idiot before a game about 5 years ago on tap. Complex and amazing stuff. Looked for it the next few years until I had some at a Pint Night at Deps last year. Since the company was bought by Boston Beer I'm not sure it's the same beer. I'd like to try it on tap again sometime down the road though.

Had it at the Village Idiot before a game about 5 years ago on tap. Complex and amazing stuff. Looked for it the next few years until I had some at a Pint Night at Deps last year. Since the company was bought by Boston Beer I'm not sure it's the same beer. I'd like to try it on tap again sometime down the road though.
It's named after the Grateful Dead. How could it be bad. Even has the dancing teddy bears on it.

Anyone tried the Dogfish Head American Beauty Hazy IPA? Saw it for the first time and am going to try it tonight.
Not yet, but I will keep an eye out for it.

Have not yet sampled, but looking for it.

Didn't Samuel Adams buy out Dogfish Head?
Yes. Win-win, in my opinion. Increased availability. Better Sam Adams than AB In-Bev or Molson-Coors.

It's named after the Grateful Dead. How could it be bad. Even has the dancing teddy bears on it.
Yeah got the dancing bear sticker on my spare 30 year-old Whirlpool fridge. They had free samples that night, $4 pints for sale and a raffle for a vintage looking dancing bear turntable in a case. What's not to love?

Did a Northcountry Brew tour (NY) with a few buddies right before COVID hit. Adirondack, Northway, Common Roots, Mean Max, Davidson, Single Cut. Nothing out of this world.. but Northway has some good shit. They had a few stouts that were great. Burly Beard Oatmeal Stout and a Chocolate and Cherry Stout. I would recommend their beer. Perfect for cold ass Adirondack winters.

Also, anyone join one of these online beer clubs? I just joined Shaker and Spoon for craft cocktails.. and I hear there's some real good clubs that send you hard to find beer, that you really cant get unless you live near the region.

Did a Northcountry Brew tour (NY) with a few buddies right before COVID hit. Adirondack, Northway, Common Roots, Mean Max, Davidson, Single Cut. Nothing out of this world.. but Northway has some good shit. They had a few stouts that were great. Burly Beard Oatmeal Stout and a Chocolate and Cherry Stout. I would recommend their beer. Perfect for cold ass Adirondack winters.

Also, anyone join one of these online beer clubs? I just joined Shaker and Spoon for craft cocktails.. and I hear there's some real good clubs that send you hard to find beer, that you really cant get unless you live near the region.
Sounds inviting for sure when it ain't easy getting away now. Hell, the only reason I want to go to Austin or Asheville is for the beer anyway!

Sounds inviting for sure when it ain't easy getting away now. Hell, the only reason I want to go to Austin or Asheville is for the beer anyway!
Come on down. You can couchsurf here with our psycho, bird-catching dog. Breweries should reopen next week. Before this pandemic, six breweries were located within 2-mile walking distance from our place. I'll know more next week after they come back online.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT