ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer....the sequel

6-pack of good old Hopslam cans. Purchased at local H.E.B. for $16.49. Life is good. Very good.

27545455_10214406783823999_3617804854948217843_n.jpg

Need some advice from anyone with experience in the Central Florida beer market. My father will be spending the next month snowbirding in Sarasota, so I'm looking for some recommendations on local/regional canned/bottled beers to have him haul back. I've had most of the Cigar City lineup, so what other breweries and specific brews should I be targeting? Style wise, looking for IPAs and IPA variants, pale ales, browns, and could go into stouts since it is the season.

I started trying a lot of different beers thanks to this thread a while back. I’ve really liked trying porters and stouts and noticed KBS by founders is a popular one and tough to get your hands on when it comes out.

Well, it looks like it’s being released at the end of March and beginning of April. Does anyone know how accessible this beer is? I know hoplslam is a popular beer and I went to liquor barn the evening it came out and they still had some left that night but said it would probably be sold out that day or the next. Is KBS similar or do lines form at stores causing it to sell out soon as the doors open?

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Founders KBS being released this week. Anyone know around Louisville who and specifically when anyone will have it? Really wanting to try this!!!!

A couple comments -- To the central florida poster -- Playalinda Brewing company in Titusville is the freaking real deal. Fantastic brews every year I've visited there . And Coasters in Cocoa Beach has a GREAT selection of Belgian/German stuff .

Also an off the hook mead from a Columbus brewer that is not to be missed -- Brothers Drake Bourbon Barrel aged Apple pie Mead . At 14% it is smooth as silk , sweet but so damn good its a shame you cant drink a ton of it .

ADVERTISEMENT