ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer....the sequel

Liquor barn is having a Black Friday beer sale. They have lots of beers that I haven’t heard of mostly due to my inexperience. But here’s a list:

Goose island bourbon county stout 2017
Goose island bourbon county coffee stout
Goose island north woods stout
Goose island bourbon county barley wine
Goose island knob creek reserve stout
Goose island knob creek selection single barrel
Sam Adams utopia ($200+ beer)
Bells black note stout (100 rating on rate beer)
Ommegang bourbon barrel three philosophers

So, if you’ve heard of any of these, they’ll have them. It’s a limit to one of each beer per person. Just thought I’d add this list I’m case they were sought after commodities.

Yeah I’d say those are all pretty sought after...

I'm knocking back a bunch of blacksmiths on this wonderful day. Guinness and anything is fantastic but I prefer it mixed with smithwicks. Newcastle is my 2nd choice

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Southern Tier 2XMAS Winter Warmer. Another fine example of the style. Enjoyed last night.

986723632a212f0bc2a20f19de764dca_640x640.jpeg
Anyth
Southern Tier 2XMAS Winter Warmer. Another fine example of the style. Enjoyed last night.

Anything southernteiris amazing.

Southern Tier 2XMAS Winter Warmer. Another fine example of ir is amazing.

@CastleRubric : Pappy's open today 11-6. Currently beautiful weather here in the tri-state area on this Thanksgiving day.

You just made me smile a little

...and then I bellowed semi-intelligently at my lovely bride saying something to the effect that A FRIEND OF MINE ON THE INTERNET IS AT POPPYS!!!!

She gets it though
She gets it

God bless that patient and -- increasingly hot -- woman

Bell's Expedition Stout. 10.5% ABV. Super solid.

1cc2ed7761e1d8b3965ff81253093b1d_320x320.jpeg

I also hit up The Thirsty Heifer in Whitesburg this afternoon. Great tap selection. Nice atmosphere. Kick-ass burgers. Awesome staff. Had a good time.

Tomorrow: Lexington breweries. Be there. Aloha.

White Squirrel Brewing in Bowling Green, KY. Enjoyed two beers there a week ago tonight. Kolsch was good, and closely resembled the German beers from Cologne.

I've been trying to sample some White Squirrel beers for nearly 2 years. Finally made it. Place is more of a brewpub than a dedicated production brewery. Somewhat underwhelming. They only offered 4 beers of their own on tap. Okay for a one-time visit.

I just lucked into a bottle of one today. 2017 bottle of course.
bourbon%20county%20original%20%28Custom%29.jpg

Anybody had one of these? Is it worth the hype?
Was looking for that for a cousin in NC.
Didn't know it was Goose Island. I would think you could find it in his state.
Also there seems to be a shortage on Buffalo Trace.

Reactions: jameslee32
White Squirrel Brewing in Bowling Green, KY. Enjoyed two beers there a week ago tonight. Kolsch was good, and closely resembled the German beers from Cologne.

I've been trying to sample some White Squirrel beers for nearly 2 years. Finally made it. Place is more of a brewpub than a dedicated production brewery. Somewhat underwhelming. They only offered 4 beers of their own on tap. Okay for a one-time visit.
What is your favorite style? From what I can tell you seem to like lighter stuff.

Didn't think Cincy would been on there. And none from Florida (Tampa) or Cali.
Cincy was #4 last year also. Pittsburgh was up there also with less than 10 breweries. Not that it matters. All I know is you will find one you like just about anywhere you go these days. It's basically a renaissance in this town since I'm old enough to remember Wiedemann, Little Kings and Hudepohl.

Who is going to Cincy Beer fest next month? For those that are going the beer list has been posted. This is the Mecca craft beer event locally imo.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Who is going to Cincy Beer fest next month? For those that are going the beer list has been posted. This is the Mecca craft beer event locally imo.

The beerfest called Hunnapu in Tampa may be one of the best beer festivals in the world. Cheapest ticket in is $200 and you sample the rarest beers from all the famous breweries around the world. Plus you get a stash of Hunnapu, which is only released 1 time a year and it's at that beer feztival.

I'm sure Cincy's is great. Cincinnati Brewery has the Chickory beer which is prolly in my top 3 of all time

The beerfest called Hunnapu in Tampa may be one of the best beer festivals in the world. Cheapest ticket in is $200 and you sample the rarest beers from all the famous breweries around the world. Plus you get a stash of Hunnapu, which is only released 1 time a year and it's at that beer feztival.

I'm sure Cincy's is great. Cincinnati Brewery has the Chickory beer which is prolly in my top 3 of all time
Chickow from Listerman? It's fantastic if that's the one

Reactions: Willy4UK
Chickow from Listerman? It's fantastic if that's the one
Need to try it next time if available. I was there last month and tried Nutcase Porter. It was solid! They have burgers and hotdogs on site also. Awesome place to go before a Xavier game. Cops stop traffic on Dana Ave so you can cross the street then a golf cart takes you to the arena for free. Drunk Catholics rock!

Need to try it next time if available. I was there last month and tried Nutcase Porter. It was solid! They have burgers and hotdogs on site also. Awesome place to go before a Xavier game. Cops stop traffic on Dana Ave so you can cross the street then a golf cart takes you to the arena for free. Drunk Catholics rock!
[laughing]

Had no idea. I nearly attended Xavier way back when. Must make my way up there one of these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT