ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer....the sequel

Lagunitas Sakitumi. 9% ABV. Super 32-oz bomber. Smooth. Love those spices. Probably available nationwide. Highly recommended.

4a7f11ada25b09032465e16af1b6f819_640x640.jpeg

@Willy4UK : I got another sixer of Texas beers for ya. Will deliver when we meet up.

@Willy4UK : Hey bro. I'm heading to Lakeland on Monday evening. How about getting together Tuesday evening at MoJo's for the game?

Reflecting back on Funky Buddha Hop Gun: absolutely superb. Best IPA I've ever drank that isn't a double or triple. I may get another six pack tonight. Just that good.

52d2902850d7bd352e9e847491200962_320x320.jpeg

Oh, one beer out of the Texas sixer exploded in my backpack during transit on the flight. It was a sour. Made a slight mess. Gotta wash all my clothes again today. At any rate, still got 5 great brews. You'll like the double IPA.

Saw a couple places released belles hopslam today. Bought a 6 pack and a four pack of founders Sumatra brown. Hope these are good. Will be my first time trying both. I’ve become a really big fan of founders.

Willy: Had a blast last night with y'all. Thanks much for the beers. I'll try them over the next couple days.

Check it out. I'm currently sitting at Brew Hub. I rode the Lakeland city bus to Swindell Rd and then cruised the service road via sidewalks on JR's loaner bicycle the rest of the way to here. Too easy. Plan on describing the journey for an upcoming website.

Every Wednesday, between 12 noon and 9 pm, they offer $3 beers. Diver Down Imperial Red Ale (8 %) = crazy good. They contract-brew Big Bend (Texas) here.

Never been a huge fan of the lager. The Summer Shady is fair but I was given one of these and because my expectation were so low, I didn't think it was all that bad. But not even close to my favorite porter. It's a macro brew now like Ballast Point.

img_3408.jpg

Had the 50 West Punch You in the EyePA downtown last night at 1/2 off Happy Hour. A very smooth and tasty 9.2% powerhouse. Those always scare me if I have to drive but only had the one with a much lighter 7.2% Rhinegeist Truth and a 5.2% New Belgium Fat Tire. Only 3 miles to go once I left the bus though. Passed out on the couch anyway, 5:30 AM came early on Thursday.

Had the 50 West Punch You in the EyePA downtown last night at 1/2 off Happy Hour. A very smooth and tasty 9.2% powerhouse. Those always scare me if I have to drive but only had the one with a much lighter 7.2% Rhinegeist Truth and a 5.2% New Belgium Fat Tire. Only 3 miles to go once I left the bus though. Passed out on the couch anyway, 5:30 AM came early on Thursday.
[thumb2]

Big smile. Good stuff, man!

Found out that about every major new popular beer brewery is bought out in 2 years

Booo. I enjoyed the hell outta some Funky Buddha in FL earlier this month. Hate to hear it.

Drank a Mango Smash today from Dallas brewery. Some guy brought it in. It was good.

Guy I talked to today said on a financial market that "craft beer" is at it's peak.

He said beer between 5%-7% ABV are 20% down

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Drank a Mango Smash today from Dallas brewery. Some guy brought it in. It was good.

Guy I talked to today said on a financial market that "craft beer" is at it's peak.

He said beer between 5%-7% ABV are 20% down
Funky Buddha and Cigar City are the best FL breweries, in my opinion. Big beer knows where the money's at.

Sad stuff.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Just found out today that Funky Buddha was bought out by Modelo company
InBev owns Grupo Modelo but Constellation Brands owns the US rights to sell Modelo, Corona and Pacifico. They also own Funky Buddah, Ballast Point, many wines, spirits like High West and Casa Noble Tequila.

Last edited:
Reactions: Willy4UK
InBev owns Grupo Modelo but Constellation Brands owns the US rights to sell Modelo, Corona and Pacifico. They also own Funky Buddah, Ballast Point, many wines, spirits like High West and Casa Noble Tequila.

Thanks man. That's better info and more of it too

Reactions: jameslee32
ADVERTISEMENT