ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer....the sequel

pghlHyS.jpg

Taco night with a mug of Darwin Brewing Pirata Pils.
beer_296757.jpg

Damn, that's sad to hear. Not familiar with it, but still a bummer. Albany and the Upstate region seem to be in a bit of a boom for the alcohol business. Tons of apples in New York, so the cider business is getting crazy. New bourbons and whiskeys are coming on strong, and all the breweries are starting to take some big leaps.

Both Druthers and Shmaltz have had HUGE block parties this year where they just raked in the dough.

A fun time to be a drinker.

Woooo Hooooo!

SEC Kickoff Tailgate Party on 8/26 here in Austin.

Kentucky Ale is supplying UK alums a keg of the new Kentucky Vanilla Barrel Cream Ale. I've attended this kickoff party every year since 2009. Served beer the past two years at the UK alumni tent. Heh, got so plastered last year that I crashed my bicycle in the rain and later fell 20 feet down a hill. Riding the bus this year.

Wooooooo Hooooooo!

20637896_1515866135126439_6222206147805366796_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ommegang is a sick brewery to visit. Lot's of concerts in the summer, even some national acts (but mostly regional). Lots of people pitch tents ans camp out in the fields. Based in Cooperstown NY about a 45 min ride from albany (or I'd guess 2.5 hours from NYC), very Norman Rockwell-ish.. Great town. Some other breweries out there lile Cooperstown brewing and Butternuts, working for the latter a short while. Also the baseball hall of fame, which is very well done.

Ommegang/Cooperstown is definitely a top10 beer trip in the US
Thanks for the heads up. I'm adding it to my list. I like just about anything from Ommegang. Probably my favorite brewer.

I'm headed to Louisville for my own brewery tour. I'm starting at against the grain brewery. After that im just going to the highest recomended places. Is there any other must see breweries that I need to try? I am unfamiliar with the area and I don't always trust internet reviews. Thanks

Anybody when Bell's Best Brown Ale is coming out?

So my work team are foodies and beer .... snobs I think
BUT they've taken me on tours of 7 or 8 breweries in MN since we started traveling together

Some of the stuff they like is SHIT
Too complex and often tastes of licorice or perhaps an old comb

Then sometimes -- it just knocks my tallywhacker into the mire and I can only weep and ask for more cornbread.....etc

Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout. Seems crazy sampling this beer in the fall when it's famous for being a springtime release. Lots of caramel and cocoa. Barrel aging not so evident. Helluva kick. $9.75 on draft at Flying Saucer - Austin tonight. Touch of sweetness. I'm wondering if bottle conditioning is better. I rated 4.75 / 5 stars. Not perfect, but still great.

e54b7e86aedb5902276c6c9b72b343ab_320x320.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT