ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer....the sequel

puff3-1024x682.jpg

On vacation, on meds...and drinking this shit whilst pondering the cosmos (and my fragrant ballsack).

Enjoy.
[laughing]

Drank last November while visiting relatives back home. Awesome stuff.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Austin - I had the Shiner Family Reunion pack and my wife said the peach (brewer special) was really good - do they have it sold separately there?

Reactions: AustinTXCat
I've been digging some Goses lately. Geeses? Gosies? I'm not sure. Perfect for summer. The salt will be a big hurdle for some, but it actually makes it more refreshing and great for the sweltering months.

a1c4db00670ecbe9fa2e6d86642fab28_640x640.jpg

Avery-El-Gose-Cans-1.jpg

Avery makes some good shit. I've only recently started to put weight into entire brewers.. where as for more or less the last decade, I just had different beers from all over.

Avery, 21st Amendment, and Ballast Point never disappoint.

Just did a road trip to Cape Cod for the week, and hit 3 breweries and had roughly a dozen different local cans. Putting it on a map and will post it here with some thoughts. While the Cape is pretty lame, and Massachusetts people are the GD worst group of people to roam the Earth.. it was a solid beer trip that any beer fan should try and accomplish.

How spread out are there? Are there areas or trips/trails you can take?

That's what someone should do.. Go around and come up with all different brew routes you can take if you're in a particular area.

Ha, there's a ton of areas, all across the nation, where you can hit up a few brewers within a half hour of each other. Kind of like the Bourbon Trail. But much closer.

I'll be going on another Mass one.. and then hoping to get out to Portland Maine to see Allagash/Shipyard/Peak Organic/Foundation/Sebago.

Heck, Portland already has this covered, although a lot of the breweries seem to be pretty local to Maine.

https://themainebrewbus.com/activities/best-of-portland/

Ha, there's a ton of areas, all across the nation, where you can hit up a few brewers within a half hour of each other. Kind of like the Bourbon Trail. But much closer.

I'll be going on another Mass one.. and then hoping to get out to Portland Maine to see Allagash/Shipyard/Peak Organic/Foundation/Sebago.

Heck, Portland already has this covered, although a lot of the breweries seem to be pretty local to Maine.

https://themainebrewbus.com/activities/best-of-portland/

F**** Portland. Selling their commie beer

Indeed. Love such areas. No need to drive.

Austin offers such a trail, or "district", if you will. 6 breweries are now located within about a 1.5 square-mile area.

Austin Beerworks
Adelbert's Brewery
Celis Brewing
Oskar Blues Brewery Austin
4th Tap Brewing Cooperative
Circle Brewing Company

Last year, I participated in bicycle beer run between Adelbert's, 4th Tap and Circle. Cool stuff.

Little Rock, AR and Nashville also come to mind. Dallas is getting there.

Yeah I have to imagine any top50 city is going to have SOME area where you can hit some breweries. Some will have more local establishments, but maybe that's better.

Even the crappy cities in Upstate New York are starting to develop some forms of trails or routes to go on, even if they're unsanctioned.

Talk about a dream job. Go city to city and map out a beer trail. Create a website as a database for people to reference. Have Google search involved so that any time someone types "Beer trail/map/route" or "beer in city X" you pop up towards the top.

Talk about a dream job. Go city to city and map out a beer trail. Create a website as a database for people to reference. Have Google search involved so that any time someone types "Beer trail/map/route" or "beer in city X" you pop up towards the top.
Brilliant minds think alike.

I've pretty much visualized this exact same idea for a couple years now. Will also include get-in/out info via Greyhound/Megabus/Amtrak. May go live with an Austin, Houston and San Antonio version before September. South Florida, around Miami and Broward County, offers lots of options near all the rail stations.

Went to Cape May brewery this morning and drank my cock off. Kids ruined it and were bored or something.

In any case, filled my growler with a honey Porter at 8.5 ABV.

I've been hitting every brewery that I can lately. I'm from around cincinnati and I only have 3 left to do. I'm on a crazy sour kick of late. If you like sours you have to hit up urban artifact brewery. That place is amazing. Best sours by far. As of now I'm pounding down some peach dodo from rhinegeist. Delicious. Raspberry beret from streetside is also awesome and has an amazing red color. As much as I like cincy beers though I like Daytons scene even more. Honestly it is the brewery hidden gem of the world. As always it is fantastic to hear from you beer lovers out there. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate this thread. Just good to know there are other beer nerds out there like me

I remembered some of you guys touting Three Floyds Brewery a while back. I saw this one (Alpha King) on a bar draft list the other day so I tried one for my second round. It blew the doors off of the Rhinegeist that I was drinking. All I can say is THANK YOU!!!

alphaking.jpg

Last edited:
5 or 6 lake trips this summer.. means tons of lighter beers. This coming weekend it's:

Victory_SummerLove_12ozCan_Hi-ResRGB.jpg

lawnmower%20lager.png
Founders-Releasing-Green-Zebra-Watermelon-Gose-Aug.-15-Feature.jpg

And of course.. gotta have a few of these to slam while you're doing canonballs off the boat.

ci_1057.jpg

That lawnmower beer was pretty damn good. Kind of like a coors light with more depth (again, these are for summer drinking).. Also added these to the coolers:

bells_oarsman_ale.jpg

Go-Long.jpg

Up on Lake George in the Adironacks, there's a brew pub that opened for Adirondack brewing. Trying it out today.

bottles.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT