ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer....the sequel

I thought AB owns Goose Island but that's more to handle their regular beers - I think Goose Island still does their specialty beers themselves that only have smaller distribution (Bourbon County, etc.).

Yep from what i know and dunno where i heard it. AB does their regs. And they let GI to do their own specialty stuff. That Bourbon County is awesome and i usually don't like bourbon barrels

Reactions: BleedinBlue85
Amberbock after punching the clock on Friday. Heavenly nectar for the blue collar sector. Good enough for me anyway.

Sure. Sounds good. You punch out everyday. How about try diff beers?

Good advice. I'm cheap and Amberbock is happy hour priced with the usual domestics at my watering hole. To be honest, I didn't read the earlier posts. Fat Tire was ok with me. Question: Does Amberbock (two tall drafts) make me feel older/worse than say two gooseneck buds? Daily basis/overall health.

Went to Schnitz brewing in Jasper IN today. Pretty good beer these guys brew. Have went head to head with these guys before in the Straseenfest home brew contest for several years. They opened a small brewery in Jasper recently and also have really good pizza there.
The IPA is my favorite and always buy a 4 pack of cans when I'm in the area.
If any of yall are ever in that area should check them out. Although I think their operation hours is freaking dumb. Who opens a brewery/restaurant at 4pm?

Reactions: AustinTXCat
I am a beer simpleton. I have no problem admitting that. I don't drink much anyway. I still enjoy reading this thread from time to time though and have sampled a few of the suggestions from this thread now and again. So keep up the good work, gentlemen.

Back to me being a beer simpleton...i have been enjoying West Sixth IPA and Sam Adams Rebel IPA lately.

Carry on…

Can't say I blame you. I just tried zombie dust for the first time last summer. It was almost impossible to find. Finally my buddy got some and let me have one. I've tried so many beers that never lived up to the hype so I wasn't expecting much. Boy was I wrong. It really was the real deal. I don't know how they do it but it is so balanced. Never had anything like it which is saying a lot because I pride myself on trying to taste every beer in existence.

Can't say I blame you. I just tried zombie dust for the first time last summer. It was almost impossible to find. Finally my buddy got some and let me have one. I've tried so many beers that never lived up to the hype so I wasn't expecting much. Boy was I wrong. It really was the real deal. I don't know how they do it but it is so balanced. Never had anything like it which is saying a lot because I pride myself on trying to taste every beer in existence.
I make a pretty dang close clone of it. That and the Gumballhead clone. It's usually on tap in my house all summer.

Sounds good to me. I'm not a brewer but just a diligent guinea pig. How many batches did it take to get it that close?

First nice day of Spring this past Friday (for where I live, anyways).. had to grab a Hell Or High Watermelon at the local spot.

Spent a few hours at Braxton brewery last night. 16 beers to choose from. The sheer spectrum was well represented. Yesterday's headlines was the beer I liked the most. It's a pretty good sour. They also had a Graters ice cream raspberry chocolate chip stout they I've been wanting to try. I was really disappointed in that order one. It just tasted like a average stout to me. I couldn't taste any raspberry. Other than that Braxton is one of the better breweries around cincy. Really cool hangout.

I visited the Omaha, NE area this past weekend. Hit up Benson Brewing in Midtown with relatives. Decent suds. Debut IPA really stood out. Drove out near University of Iowa and sampled a couple local brews at 30hop with @UKGrad93 . Yard Sale IPA by Lion Bridge tasted especially nice. Good burger, too. I brought back six Nebraska-brewed beers on the plane in my hold-baggage. Plan on drinking a few this coming weekend.

Spent a few hours at Braxton brewery last night. 16 beers to choose from. The sheer spectrum was well represented. Yesterday's headlines was the beer I liked the most. It's a pretty good sour. They also had a Graters ice cream raspberry chocolate chip stout they I've been wanting to try. I was really disappointed in that order one. It just tasted like a average stout to me. I couldn't taste any raspberry. Other than that Braxton is one of the better breweries around cincy. Really cool hangout.
Yeah I would think trying to get raspberry out of a stout with chocolate in it would be a difficult recipe. Coffee and or chocolate are my go to's when I'm making stouts. Oh yeah. And alcohol. Imperial stouts are the best haha

Big news coming from my hometown of Alexandria ky. Alexandria brewing co will be breaking ground very soon on our very first brewery. Huge for me because there isnt a brewery with in 15 to 20 miles of my house.

Big news coming from my hometown of Alexandria ky. Alexandria brewing co will be breaking ground very soon on our very first brewery. Huge for me because there isnt a brewery with in 15 to 20 miles of my house.
I'd bet Blank Slate by Lunken Airport and Wooden Cask in Newport are both less than 15 miles. Enjoyed them both.

Been drinking the crap out of this lately. $10 a 6-pack at Kroger @ 9.6%. :cheers2:

USA-Photo-12oz_1.png

Finally sampled Bell's Oberon. One of the better wheats out there that's not brewed in Germany. Gorgeous cloud. Nice, subtle fruity notes. Those who have been following 'Great Beer' threads over the years know how much I enjoy good wheat beer.

921790329f644867bc464df5f70ebcc0_320x320.jpg

Two weeks ago i had a Bell's 30th anniversary imperial stout. Whoa was it delicious

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT