ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer....the sequel

Update

1. Knob Knee at the New Albanian (way ahead of the rest, maybe the best brown Lager I have ever had)
2. Bells (really good, not surprised)
3. Schalfly
4. Paulener
5. Rhineghast (Cincy local)
6. Goose Island (surprisingly good, but it was on tap instead of a bottle)
7. Sun King (OK)
8. Great Lakes
9. Sam Adams
10. Leinenkugels (meh)
11. Hofbrau Hous (this stuff tasted like Corona, surprisingly bad)

I hope you guys appreciate all the hard work I am putting in drinking this beer.
I went to make my own six at the liquor store last night and was shocked that most of the Oktoberfests are already gone. I talked to the clerk and he said they were nearly out of SA and were saving some for regulars. I did get Braxton, Rheingeist, and West Sixth. I'm partial to locals but, even so, West Sixth's was the winner. The Braxton had a lot of piney hops (compared to the other two) and I can see IPA fans really liking it.

I went to make my own six at the liquor store last night and was shocked that most of the Oktoberfests are already gone. I talked to the clerk and he said they were nearly out of SA and were saving some for regulars. I did get Braxton, Rheingeist, and West Sixth. I'm partial to locals but, even so, West Sixth's was the winner. The Braxton had a lot of piney hops (compared to the other two) and I can see IPA fans really liking it.
The guy at my local store told me the Victory was really good. I have not seen West 6th. There is a Left Hand at my local store as well that I have not tried.

Update

1. Knob Knee at the New Albanian (way ahead of the rest, maybe the best brown Lager I have ever had)
3. Schalfly
4. Paulener
7. Sun King (OK)
8. Great Lakes
9. Sam Adams
10. Leinenkugels (meh)

I hope you guys appreciate all the hard work I am putting in drinking this beer.

I'll write you in for my liver donation.

Update

3. Schalfly
4. Paulener
7. Sun King (OK)
8. Great Lakes
9. Sam Adams
10. Leinenkugels (meh)

We do appreciate it. I'll be on the look out for Knob Knee. IS New Albanian the same brewery that makes that gluten free beer?

I knew it! I just googled it. I have had the Hoptimus and the Elector.
Those are both really good too. We go all the time so I get to try everything they make. They have some really interesting stuff sometimes. The have one called Old Lightning Rod with a picture of Ben Franklin on it, they call it a colonial ale. It is was bitter and buttery tasting. Anyway, an old school and very creative brewery. They're Christmas Ale called Naughty Claus is amazing too.

Those are both really good too. We go all the time so I get to try everything they make. They have some really interesting stuff sometimes. The have one called Old Lightning Rod with a picture of Ben Franklin on it, they call it a colonial ale. It is was bitter and buttery tasting. Anyway, an old school and very creative brewery. They're Christmas Ale called Naughty Claus is amazing too.

Their beer label art is awesome. Damn, can't wait to try that Knob Knee then. Hopefully we can get it down here in Fla soon

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Ballast Point Orange Vanilla Fathom. Very interesting and the price was right ($3.64 for a 22 oz bomber at Sam's Club, Austin). Interesting flavor combo.

02-beers-primary-image-ov-fathom.png

York Street in Newport is soon to be the home of Wooden Cask Brewery. The former owner of Rivertown Brewery is opening it and will sell 5 flagship beers year round. Traditional style English, Irish and Scottish Ales is the focus with lighter ABV beers and a double IPA to choose from.

I had this one the other day, Sour Monkey. An Imperial sour. Whewwwee that thing was sour tart.

Thing was so tart it that puckered my butthole into inverting my hemorrhoids. Seriously

Victory-Sour-Monkey.jpeg

I had this one the other day, Sour Monkey. An Imperial sour. Whewwwee that thing was sour tart.

Thing was so tart it that puckered my butthole into inverting my hemorrhoids. Seriously

Victory-Sour-Monkey.jpeg

I enjoy the occasional sour. My only complaint is they all taste basically the same.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Was invited by someone I know to a Stout party with his drinking club.

Need a good recommendation to bring.

Only stout I like is Founders Oatmeal Breakfast Stout.

Anything Imperial stout and you'be the man.

Not sure what's available your way.

Backwoods Bastard from Founders is a pretty good one.

At Outer Light Brewery in Connecticut. Pretty solid.

Saison De Groton - first spicy beer I liked. Ancho chilis and lime but subtle.
Subduction - passion fruit IPA but not so passion-y like Avery.

Two Roads.. Probably the most well known CT brewery is an hour west but don't think we'll make it.

West 6th Half-Bite session IPA is pretty damn good.

West 6th knows how to work with hops, everything else they do is not up to the same level imo*

*I haven't had Snake Cake, which is apparently unreal

West 6th knows how to work with hops, everything else they do is not up to the same level imo*

Hope to hit up West 6th on the 23rd or 25th of next month. Still hope to get tickets for the Cats game against Cleveland State or UT-Martin.

Seasonal beers always come out a season before they should. It's annoying..

But.. I do like winter beers.. Bundle up, trek down to the local watering hole during the blizzard.. Grab a shot and a heavy winter beer.. Life is good

Last edited:
I guess winter beers are starting to come out since I saw Shiner Cheer today at the liquor store today.
I always pick up a bomber of Shiner Holiday Cheer every November, usually between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Here in Texas, we're also seeing Shiner Texas Warmer (6.8% ABV) and Shiner Homespun Cream Ale. Cream ale was decent. Plan on sampling the warmer this coming Friday evening.

Reactions: Willy4UK

I have always loved their Cocoa Porter. Hell, I wear one of their buttons on my UK hat.

I know people are going apey over Crank and Boom's bourbon ice cream, so, my million dollar idea of the day is to make an ice cream with this:
Founders-Rubaeus.png

This is like having a mouth full of fresh raspberries .

Presently working on a Karbach Quintuple IPA. Extremely well-brewed. Very smooth. Awesome balance. 11.2% ABV. Nearly Hi-Res territory. Probably hard to locate outside Texas. One of my new faves.

14374151_1709805156008767_1864153408626229248_n.jpg
Yum! I always sample similar beers to this one. The best are just as you describe. First time I tried American Beauty at The Village Idiot, I thought the same.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT