ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer....the sequel

I know people are going apey over Crank and Boom's bourbon ice cream, so, my million dollar idea of the day is to make an ice cream with this:
Founders-Rubaeus.png

This is like having a mouth full of fresh raspberries .
My old lady really likes this beer. I usually grab a couple singles of it every now and then.

Hey you mf'ers on Untappd. Is there a different way you are getting alerts to your phone when you app gets hit?

I don't even get noticed anymore on my app.
I royally effed up on Untappd. Joined the Texas beer Facebook group. Accepted friend requests from a whole bunch of fvckers I have no clue who they are. Now, my Untappd feed is filled with check-ins from folks I never knew existed. I check my Untappd feed for Wish list and find beers I never put there. Crazy shit. I'm gonna pair it down to the KY folks and this hot-looking single chick up in the DFW area, and leave it there. I effed up.

Reactions: Willy4UK
I royally effed up on Untappd. Joined the Texas beer Facebook group. Accepted friend requests from a whole bunch of fvckers I have no clue who they are. Now, my Untappd feed is filled with check-ins from folks I never knew existed. I check my Untappd feed for Wish list and find beers I never put there. Crazy shit. I'm gonna pair it down to the KY folks and this hot-looking single chick up in the DFW area, and leave it there. I effed up.

Whoa. I get nothing on Untappd now. Other than an arrow that says local breweries added beers.

Tonight...

Lagunitas Aunt Sally... Usually hate sours but this one is good. Had it by accident a few weeks ago at a bar and decided to buy a sixer .

Then gumballhead...enough said.

Finally, W6 Pennyrile Pale Ale for first time... 6.5/10

I enjoyed some Madtree Blood Orange PsycHOPathy IPA at a work party last weekend.

I don't know anything about beer and maybe that makes me a gaywad, but whatever.

What I'm saying is, I was always a big Ruby Red fan and this beer really hit the spot for me.
I sampled it last night at MadTree. I wasn't initially impressed so I chose an experimental called Treesearch instead. What it does is take Psychopathy to a whole new level in aftertaste. I need to drink a full pint for a better opinion.

Since so many breweries are opening here, I recommend everyone visit MadTree first on a trip to Cincy and then maybe work your way south with a slight detour east to 50 West Brewery then towards the downtown area breweries. MadTree is crowded for a reason. I would guess they have something for just about everyone.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Tonight...

Yum yum... not my favorite 3 floyds but it'll do.

Then, Victory Winter Cheers. Not a fan.

Saw Rhinegeist Dad today...is on the list for the weekend. All the Rhinegeist offerings are solid, IMO.

Hit this one in Disney, at epcot Norway. Wife put us eating at places with pissy beer and this was like finding a gold nugget. Practically no sweetness to it, just really strong malt. I know it was great by comparison but I'll look for it when I'm back home.
einstok-icelandic-toasted-porter.jpg

Hit this one in Disney, at epcot Norway. Wife put us eating at places with pissy beer and this was like finding a gold nugget. Practically no sweetness to it, just really strong malt. I know it was great by comparison but I'll look for it when I'm back home.
einstok-icelandic-toasted-porter.jpg

Einstock is pretty good shit. Hope you got to ride the Frozen ride.

I've been on a bourbon kick lately.. trying to cut back on the extra carbs in beer.

But it's 25 degrees where I am now, and about 6-inches last night (of snow, for all you immatures out there).. Making a fire tonight and need some good and heavy 8 percent winter type beer. The type that gives you a beer coat after like 2 or 3.

What do you guys have?

Had Deschutes Jubeale tailgaitng Sunday. Very solid seasonal with the right touch of spice and flavor, 6.7%. Buy a 6.

Not to rub it in but a friend of a friend is bringing a case of Zombie Dust from Chicagoland. Buying half of it at cost for a much nicer Thanksgiving than I first thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT