ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer....the sequel

I'm currently indulging in a Texas Hop Bomb by Pedernales Brewing of Fredericksburg, TX.

Cue "La Grange".

beer_415508.jpg

Found some hoptium tonight. Awesome stuff. In the past, it seemed difficult to find, but tonight they had a ton of it so maybe this "season" there will be more or perhaps I just caught them after a restock.

Also, been crushing Streaker by Rhinegeist, which is great as well. Highly recommend for extended drinking sessions as it's perfect mix of flavor and ABV.

Now time for a cigar.

Found some hoptium tonight. Awesome stuff. In the past, it seemed difficult to find, but tonight they had a ton of it so maybe this "season" there will be more or perhaps I just caught them after a restock.

Also, been crushing Streaker by Rhinegeist, which is great as well. Highly recommend for extended drinking sessions as it's perfect mix of flavor and ABV.

Now time for a cigar.

Good, glad you joined the mix. We love beer up in this bitch. No disrespect to LadyCat, she handles her own.

Wait, you new?

I'm new to this board every month or so, when I tie one on.

Quickly skimmed through the last month or so again, and didn't see it mentioned, so apologize if has been... Bells hopsolution is good too.

I'm new to this board every month or so, when I tie one on.

Quickly skimmed through the last month or so again, and didn't see it mentioned, so apologize if has been... Bells hopsolution is good too.

No apologies needed here bro. Hoptium is a fine ass beer.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Hey @AustinTXCat , just wanted ya to know in trying 6 tonight I've never ever had in my whole entire life:

SawWorks brown ale 5.8% - Knoxville
SawWorks rocky hop IPA 6.1% - "
SawWorks No Easy Day IPA 5.8% - "
Southern Prohibition Suzy B dirty blonde ale 5% - Hattiesburg, MS
TN Brew Works Cutaway IPA 6% - Nashville
Back Forty Naked Pig pale ale 6% - Gadsden, AL

and i ain't "sampling" shit. I'm *drinking* every single one of these mother ****ers.
I drank Brown Ale from the tap at the brewery in Knoxville 3 months ago. Good stuff.

Enjoy!

I've never had anything by Saw Works. Hadn't ever heard of it. Kroger had several today. Found it interesting they only had it in cans haha
Saw Works is very good. My daughter, her fiance and my ex-bro in-law made the trip with me to KnoxVegas. We had a great time. Because I drove that day, I was forced to limit myself to one beer. Saw Works Brown was it, and it was good.

Went out last night, tried a half dozen with good reviews, and was disappointed in every single one of them. BA reviews have been good to me before so I'll just attribute it to bad luck.

High point of the night was when I gave up and ordered one I've had before - Blue Stallion Dunkel. I've always liked it but after sampling some misses, it was beyond fantastic.

Went out last night, tried a half dozen with good reviews, and was disappointed in every single one of them. BA reviews have been good to me before so I'll just attribute it to bad luck.

High point of the night was when I gave up and ordered one I've had before - Blue Stallion Dunkel. I've always liked it but after sampling some misses, it was beyond fantastic.

That blows.

1. Fort Collins Rocky Mtn IPA 6.2% - Fort Collins, CO
2. Victory Dirt Wolf Double IPA 8.7% - Downington, PA
3. Starr Hill Northern Lights IPA 6.2% - Charlottesville, VA
4. Bard's malt beer 4.6% - Utica, NY
5. Abita Turbodog 5.6% - Covington, LA
6. Victoria 4% - Modelo, MEX

I'd been trying to make that post for 3 hours.

Surprised you don't walk in a joint and demand the highest ABV

Beer Camp 2016 is out. I picked up a 12-pack at Whole Foods - Domain earlier today. 3/6 are decently high ABV. Sierra Nevada had quite a marketing thing going with this initiative. Plan to sample one later tonight.

Apparently watermelon beer is the new big thing. Noticed today that Leinenkugel's has a watermelon shandy. I'm curious but was unwilling to buy the 24-pack sampler to try it out.

Apparently watermelon beer is the new big thing. Noticed today that Leinenkugel's has a watermelon shandy. I'm curious but was unwilling to buy the 24-pack sampler to try it out.

24 pack of watermelon beer [laughing]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT