ADVERTISEMENT

Grant NELSON withdraws from Draft, looking for a new team.

didn't know that is how NIL works
That's how economics works.

Why turn down more money to be a 6th through 10th man at KY. Whatever entity or entities in the KY fan or booster base pays NIL has to compete with every other team for a given player. Its semipro ball with no controls or turn based draft. You fight for every player.

To check compliance, of course. UK CAN NOT offer NIL or coordinate NIL. You can continue to advocate cheating on a message board with no consequences.
“The NIL director will be responsible for helping players develop and manage their brands, educating student-athletes on how to make smart decisions, while maximizing their NIL opportunities, and serving as an NIL liaison between internal units, among numerous other related duties.”

Seriously. Again everyone can see how you just pull BS out of the air.

“The NIL director will be responsible for helping players develop and manage their brands, educating student-athletes on how to make smart decisions, while maximizing their NIL opportunities, and serving as an NIL liaison between internal units, among numerous other related duties.”

Seriously. Again everyone can see how you just pull BS out of the air.
Where in that does it say a damn thing about paying, guarantees or or anything with regard to UK offering one red cent? NADA!!! Dude, that is compliance pure an simple. Well simple to most anyway. UK can not pay NIL. They can not pay to play. That means Cal too.

You are the one pulling crap out of stinky dark places and advocating that UK cheat.

Reactions: Graham51
THE LATEST ON NELSON:

The head of Iowa's NIL just reported Nelson is now down to 3-- Alabama, Baylor, and believe it or not, Iowa. He will make a final decision within two weeks and visiting Iowa likely next week.

And some might laugh, even I do somewhat as a Hawkeye, but Iowa has a very legitimate shot here. The one thing McCaffery has done well at Iowa is develop big men and in recent years has had huge success with Garza and the Murray brothers. That's what some believe might give Iowa the edge in the end-- it's what they are selling Nelson. And btw, Iowa has developed a very nice NIL collective-- now considered one of the top three or four in the Big 10.

THE LATEST ON NELSON:

The head of Iowa's NIL just reported Nelson is now down to 3-- Alabama, Baylor, and believe it or not, Iowa. He will make a final decision within two weeks and visiting Iowa likely next week.

And some might laugh, even I do somewhat as a Hawkeye, but Iowa has a very legitimate shot here. The one thing McCaffery has done well at Iowa is develop big men and in recent years has had huge success with Garza and the Murray brothers. That's what some believe might give Iowa the edge in the end-- it's what they are selling Nelson. And btw, Iowa has developed a very nice NIL collective-- now considered one of the top three or four in the Big 10.
another-one-bites-the-dust-queen-rock-d5xd5n7rt0rb5o1n.gif

THE LATEST ON NELSON:

Also FSU per this article.

THE LATEST ON NELSON:

Stupid question but does Iowa have a large nil pool for mens basketball?

In talking with his Coach, I know he'd be open to hearing from them with Oscar gone. He wouldn't consider them if Oscar returned. Well here you go-open window. Give him a call.
A talented big and Cal is not interested? Would be interesting to know how many top transfers Cal actually went hard after. And the ones he did, I wonder if he let them know where they would be with playing time without them even competing in practice? Makes me wonder if he is just peeved at the fans and not worrying about getting the best experienced players he can to win a championship. Just take care of his five stars coming in and then be done with it.

I know Reeves has said he likes it here at Kentucky but on the court he has seen first hand how Cal does things. The way he was done the first part of last season, I would understand if he leaves. Some on here blame the fans for negativity toward Cal that makes things worse but the way I look at it a lot of fans have just exposed how some players are mistreated because of not being a five star. It hasn't been the right thing to do. All players should compete and earn playing time in practice and not according to how many stars they have by their name.

Whatever it was, it wasn't Nelson committing to UK. At one point, I was optimistic about getting him. It is a dumpster fire right now with the program. If it's true that we aren't getting a commitment from a legit player in the portal, next season will be rocky. It is simply inexcusable to go into the season with 2 SO, 5 FR, and 3 Reclass FR. That's a recipe for disaster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT