ADVERTISEMENT

Teams playing hard for average coaches

Mar 5, 2006
It always amazes me to watch teams like NC State play so hard for an average coach. Same goes with Texas A&M.

Cal has our guys tense & looking worse. McDonalds All Americans start looking like Team White Castle under Cal. I know, I know. I’m feeling like negative Nancy over here. I wish this team would play up to their ability in spite of Cal. The team that beat UNC earlier in the year can make a run. My faith is low right now though.

It always amazes me to watch teams like NC State play so hard for an average coach. Same goes with Texas A&M.

Cal has our guys tense & looking worse. McDonalds All Americans start looking like Team White Castle under Cal. I know, I know. I’m feeling like negative Nancy over here. I wish this team would play up to their ability in spite of Cal. The team that beat UNC earlier in the year can make a run. My faith is low right now though.
That’s because they care. The NC State guard was crying he was so happy. He said just a week ago our season was over but we decided to fight. Our coach says “this tournament doesn’t matter at all.” That’s why we play like we do.

Both NC State and A&M had one path to the tournament…..A&M HAD to beat us and the officials helped as much as possible it sure seemed. NC State HAD to win the whole conference tournament to get in. That kind of motivation is hard to match. I’ll be highly surprised if our guys don’t play much better this week. It’s not like they haven’t turned the level of play way up (Auburn, UT).

Both NC State and A&M had one path to the tournament…..A&M HAD to beat us and the officials helped as much as possible it sure seemed. NC State HAD to win the whole conference tournament to get in. That kind of motivation is hard to match. I’ll be highly surprised if our guys don’t play much better this week. It’s not like they haven’t turned the level of play way up (Auburn, UT).
I wouldn’t be surprised if they did. I also won’t be surprised if they come out as tight as ever and look nothing like they have all year.

Reactions: cathouse

I've never seen a Cal team not play hard. Nor has anyone else. Even Stevie Wonder can see that UK plays hard. Stevie is not willfully blind though. Nor does he attend the cult's talking points meetings.

Stop it. I won’t have you bad mouthing White Castle.

I can't imagine how nice it would be to have an average coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT