ADVERTISEMENT

Grant NELSON withdraws from Draft, looking for a new team.

Based on what?
What do you base your opinion of players on? lol.

I watch him and form an opinion.

Size: That's pretty objective - measured at 6'10.
Mobility: I've watched games of NDSU. I've seen videos of him play. He can move and dribble. His combine times from agility drills at the combine...sub-10 second lane agility time and 3.21 second 3/4 court sprint time. At 6'10 that is superb.

If the players we have coming in are better than Nelson, I will eat crow as we win the national title.

Mobility: I've watched games of NDSU. I've seen videos of him play. He can move and dribble. His combine times from agility drills at the combine...sub-10 second lane agility time and 3.21 second 3/4 court sprint time. At 6'10 that is superb.

If the players we have coming in are better than Nelson, I will eat crow as we win the national title.

So the freshmen have to win the national title to be deemed better than this guy? Give me a break.

We wouldn't win it with him or without him due to can't coach cal.

So the freshmen have to win the national title to be deemed better than this guy? Give me a break.

wtf???? Maybe try reading. Let me help...

I said Nelson would be better than any other player on our team.

You said Based on what?

I said Based on what I've seen of him in game, videos, and measurables. And that if he is not the best player on our team, I would eat crow while UK wins the title.

Your response???? Freshman have to win the national title to be better than Nelson??? I suggest you attend third grade again and practice reading comprehension.

He is better than anyone else on our roster currently. He is better than any of the three who make a decision today. He will play if Calipari chooses to recruit him to the team. The real question is whether Calipari will actively pursue him
He didn’t impress scouts at the combine from what I have read, but would still take him. No way he is better than Wagner, Edwards or Bradshaw though.

Suuuuuurrrrreeee. Of course not, that would be against the “rules”.
Yup. Better to lose than be cheating scum bags like Kansas, U6, The Filth, Puke…
UK couldn't win IF they cheated with this coach
of course, I don't know how you would cheat now with players being paid legally
UK can’t pay players. That’s not how NIL works. This is on boosters and fans. You want a player? Pony up. We’re talking 10’s of thousands. Maybe more. Yiu want 10 good players, pony up. Remember yuh have to pay more for your 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th man than the are paying for another schools first. Welcome to NiL.

Was he told that he wouldn't be drafted?
Seems like a player that should have risen after workouts.

I just don’t understand why we aren’t even on his list
No clue. Maybe the list will change after Oscar's announcement. It does say his initial short list. Maybe he adds us if Oscar bounces for the Association.

wtf???? Maybe try reading. Let me help...

I said Nelson would be better than any other player on our team.

You said Based on what?

I said Based on what I've seen of him in game, videos, and measurables. And that if he is not the best player on our team, I would eat crow while UK wins the title.

Your response???? Freshman have to win the national title to be better than Nelson??? I suggest you attend third grade again and practice reading comprehension.

You are the one talking about eating crow if we win the title next year.

This guy isn't that good or he would be going pro.

The only hope I have left is Kaluma comes back to college and we go after him, but Kentucky will do what they have all offseason, sit there and do nothing and watch him go to Kansas or Arizona or something like that

You are the one talking about eating crow if we win the title next year.

This guy isn't that good or he would be going pro.
Eating crow while winning the title if all players on our roster are better than Grant Nelson.

Drew Timme played 100 years at Gonzaga. Is he no good? There are great college players that are not great NBA prospects.

But, IMO, Grant Nelson looks the part of a pro. I've read where he impressed scouts with his size, agility, and ball handling. But came up short in shooting. A quick search shows Nelson has a slash line of 50.8/30.5/72.2. He shot 225 career 3p and made 30.5%. So, I could see where shooting would be a concern for NBA scouts.

He has two years of eligibility left. Sign me up for 2 years of Nelson.

Cal nor UK have anything to do with NIL money. They don’t pay it, don’t offer it don’t guarantee it. End of story.
Yet the UK women’s basketball team just hired a NIL coordinator 6 days ago. You can continue to make dumb ass statements, on a message board with no consequences.

true about ccc, but this kid would at least make it fun to watch the games again
without him, not worth watching

Yet the UK women’s basketball team just hired a NIL coordinator 6 days ago. You can continue to make dumb ass statements, on a message board with no consequences.
the women have no coach either or players
they are in the same shape as the mens team, maybe worse
again another great hiring move by mitch

LOL he can't even get ONE portal player.
3Wkmt16.png

Yup. Better to lose than be cheating scum bags like Kansas, U6, The Filth, Puke…

UK can’t pay players. That’s not how NIL works. This is on boosters and fans. You want a player? Pony up. We’re talking 10’s of thousands. Maybe more. Yiu want 10 good players, pony up. Remember yuh have to pay more for your 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th man than the are paying for another schools first. Welcome to NiL.
didn't know that is how NIL works

If we can't beat out those 4 schools for Nelson, then we are screwed. If Oscar and Livingston leave then NIL money and playing time should not be an issue. If UK is not on his short list, then Cal is not even trying, or Nelson ha no interest in UK. And that would really damn sad.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
If we can't beat out those 4 schools for Nelson, then we are screwed. If Oscar and Livingston leave then NIL money and playing time should not be an issue. If UK is not on his short list, then Cal is not even trying, or Nelson ha no interest in UK. And that would really damn sad.
truthfully, UK is not the same as it used to be.
UK used to be a magical name in college basketball, now it is just a laughing stock
we have ccc to thank for that

there is no offense, no structure, nothing to interest kids
you would think someone leaving a small school would be thrilled to be recruited by UK, but not any more

To check compliance, of course. UK CAN NOT offer NIL or coordinate NIL. You can continue to advocate cheating on a message board with no consequences.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT